My 2017 team

Remove this Banner Ad

You pick Jab to average 100 and play 20+ games at that price

Better options around for a little more imo, was burnt by him in 2013-14 getting injured at annoying times midseason.
He is only being used as a stepping stone and I only have 9K left in the bank. I don't see any other player at that price who will produce what I expect him to.

View attachment 345886

With all the rookie problems I've done some tinkering downgrading Barlow to Jaeger which then let me add Jones in really i feel like Its a wait and see as to who is named now to work out the format on my team, But if that is my starting squad i feel like theres abit of scoring power there.... Thoughts anyone ?

I like it all except the ruck combo, feel like you need a Grundy or Martin in there to be a little safer than running two hopefuls with doubts on them for differing reasons.

Rest is great

I like it all except the ruck combo, feel like you need a Grundy or Martin in there to be a little safer than running two hopefuls with doubts on them for differing reasons.

Rest is great
Cheers i have been thinking the same thing but i just feel the rucks are so unknown atm i dont want spend all that money and it be the wrong one i would rather find out and upgrade but thats my personal opinion

View attachment 346035

Pretty happy with this. Rookies will be finalised prior to start of the season with $5K in the bank. Thoughts would be appreciated~ =D
One thing that I will mention, which hasn't been brought up very often. You have Swallow, Hall and SPP in the mids and all with the round 9 bye. Could be difficult to cover.

View attachment 346035

Pretty happy with this. Rookies will be finalised prior to start of the season with $5K in the bank. Thoughts would be appreciated~ =D
Like it the only pick i will have at it is u seem to light on the forward line maybe take one mid out and put a mid rookie on like barrett but thats all...
(Edit) and JPK as always been a strong finisher to the season not a good starter

Cheers i have been thinking the same thing but i just feel the rucks are so unknown atm i dont want spend all that money and it be the wrong one i would rather find out and upgrade but thats my personal opinion

You'd probably have 150k in the bank then

One thing that I will mention, which hasn't been brought up very often. You have Swallow, Hall and SPP in the mids and all with the round 9 bye. Could be difficult to cover.

Good point. I might move on Swallow/Pepper to 2 mid Rookies and get Roughy in the FwD line.

Like it the only pick i will have at it is u seem to light on the forward line maybe take one mid out and put a mid rookie on like barrett but thats all...
(Edit) and JPK as always been a strong finisher to the season not a good starter

See above regarding FWD line.

Also, was thinking about that with JPK (tossing up between him and Hanners). I'm thinking JPK increases his consistency and overall average with the added Captains responsibility. And... I was sad when I couldn't fit into my team last year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPP &/or Swallow should be maxed out shouldn't they? Not like they are keepers

There is always an option to modify your rucks before prices change
Lets say you start Gawn at R1 and he shares with Spencer and only scores 60's for the first 2 rounds
Meanwhile Martin starts sole ruck at Brisbane, and pulls out two 100's in a row.

Trading Gawn to Martin before price changes would give you about 120k to play with.
Or you could back your judgment from R1 and not need to make a trade, but starting with the higher player at least gives you the option.

Lets say you start Gawn at R1 and he shares with Spencer and only scores 60's for the first 2 rounds
Meanwhile Martin starts sole ruck at Brisbane, and pulls out two 100's in a row.

Trading Gawn to Martin before price changes would give you about 120k to play with.
Or you could back your judgment from R1 and not need to make a trade, but starting with the higher player at least gives you the option.
An option, but leaves you with only one other trade for a fix up on a rookie or a mid-pricer that has gone nuts and pumped out two big scores. Hard to know, and all part of the fun of it. Those first 2 weeks are also highly influential in obtaining a good finish and overall ranking at the end of the year.

An option, but leaves you with only one other trade for a fix up on a rookie or a mid-pricer that has gone nuts and pumped out two big scores. Hard to know, and all part of the fun of it. Those first 2 weeks are also highly influential in obtaining a good finish and overall ranking at the end of the year.
I dont usually trade after Round 1, far to many reactionary trades done during that period (only reason would be for a major injury, or an on field rookie that was a mistake like Daniel Howe last year)
But I agree that the two you get before Round 3 can be pretty invaluable.

JPK > Hanners

From what I remember though, JPK starts really slow and seems to always do it however comes good after the byes like whoa
Atm I'm tossing up between Aaron Hall and JPK/Hanners as well. I'll probably just pick the polar bear though...

From what I remember though, JPK starts really slow and seems to always do it however comes good after the byes like whoa
Atm I'm tossing up between Aaron Hall and JPK/Hanners as well. I'll probably just pick the polar bear though...
Jelwood regularly storms home also

Waste of a trade. From research over the off season/pre-season you are picking the uber premiums to be in your side from day dot unless injury until the end of the season.

If you think an Uber premium is that big a risk, in my opinion they should be an upgrade target.

The 2 trades before round three you really want to be using on an injury, missed rookie/a midprice madness risk that has gone wrong. Ideally you do not want to trade though.

Your uber premiums should not be a risk in my opinion but they players through research are going to be top of their class come years end to save the trade. (Plus the el-capitan)

JPK is currently in my team but I am not 100% settled on my finished structure. For me JPK is going to be a top 8 mid come seasons end and thats why I would pick him.

He has started slow, but bar maybe 1 or 2 games very early his average skyrockets and normally not a player that you can get as a fallen premo when looking to upgrade as he is hitting his straps superbly.

JPK is currently in my team but I am not 100% settled on my finished structure. For me JPK is going to be a top 8 mid come seasons end and thats why I would pick him.

He has started slow, but bar maybe 1 or 2 games very early his average skyrockets and normally not a player that you can get as a fallen premo when looking to upgrade as he is hitting his straps superbly.
Would also add that it was the opposite in 2014. He shot off the blocks, but didn't end the year Jn the same manner.

I think he'll be a top 8 mid years end as well. And while he'll be cheaper halfway through (assuming he does have a slow start), no guaranteee the timing /cash will be right to get him in. A saved trade will end up being more valuable.

Remove this Banner Ad

My 2017 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back