My 2017 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is everyone off rocky again? Is it just the choice between Danger/Rocky for the big C?

For me it was a choice between him, Merrett and Dangerfield. Rocky loves an early season injury of two, getting himself cheaper and then smashing the second half of the year.

Add that to his scoring with Beams in the side previously and not being sure about his actual role in the team makes him an upgrade target at some point.

Dangerfield looks in top shape to destroy the competition again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think people are off Rocky because of a poor JLT.

But I think I'm just glad he had a JLT at all because he has been so injury cursed in previous seasons at the start of the year. So hopefully he is primed for round 1 now.

I can't see Beams reducing his scoring output.

I actually reckon the Lions chipped it around a lot more in the JLT as well (Fagan taking a hawthorn game plan in). Rocky loves his cheap possessions, so could really help him.

Only concern is if they use him forward a bit, but I reckon he spends most of his time in the guts.

definitely not our greatest moments....

should have shipped Lobbe off when we had the chance for a first rounder
Yep, us and Richmond were keen. Both end up getting in rucks too last year, Nank for a third for Richmond and we got English with pick 19 IIRC. You guys could've had something between 11-14 for him in 2015.

Yep, us and Richmond were keen. Both end up getting in rucks too last year, Nank for a third for Richmond and we got English with pick 19 IIRC. You guys could've had something between 11-14 for him in 2015.
Just think - Lobbe could've been a premiership player rather than a SANFL battler :eek: ;)

View attachment 346297
Sigh. Posting my team here so I will *hopefully* stop fiddling with it until Wednesday. Criticism welcome!
(Yes, I know Sandi is a risk but I think he offers too much value).
I'm newer to RDT after playing SC. But unless you think that Jones and Marchbank are going to average over 90, then maybe use cheaper rookies. Then look at upgrading to a premo or when positions change.
Taranto is awkwardly priced also but at least he is DPP

I'm newer to RDT after playing SC. But unless you think that Jones and Marchbank are going to average over 90, then maybe use cheaper rookies. Then look at upgrading to a premo or when positions change.
Thanks. I've been bullish on Marchbank for a while now - his JS, role and ceiling are worth the heftier price tag IMO. Jones I'm a little less certain about, but I've watched his PS and think he could make some good money right up to his bye. Taranto I don't really trust and am constantly switching him for Matt Kennedy, who is a junior ball magnet and *may* get a solid run at it with Conigs injury. All depends on R1 teams, obviously.
On my overall structure, I actually had Neale in my team in place of Barrett but the final bye round was too brutal on my mids. So I now have Jones and Taranto. Hopefully I don't need to sideways trade too often this year....

View attachment 346297
Sigh. Posting my team here so I will *hopefully* stop fiddling with it until Wednesday. Criticism welcome!
(Yes, I know Sandi is a risk but I think he offers too much value).

I like it alot i can't bring myself to pick Crouch bkos of last year :(
and im just not a fan of Swallow i don't see him putting up a good avg but that could easily be proven wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it alot i can't bring myself to pick Crouch bkos of last year :(
and im just not a fan of Swallow i don't see him putting up a good avg but that could easily be proven wrong
Swallow just needs to post an 80 average until the byes. Might just be the perfect stepping stone to Rocky after his bye. Same with Roughy - the plan is to turn him into Green / Macrae post bye. And Jones to Doch.

Swallow just needs to post an 80 average until the byes. Might just be the perfect stepping stone to Rocky after his bye. Same with Roughy - the plan is to turn him into Green / Macrae post bye. And Jones to Doch.
Far enough. Usually (in previous years) I found a couple of rookies (mainly mids) that can get near that so better from a $$ point. But everyone has a different strategy

Far enough. Usually (in previous years) I found a couple of rookies (mainly mids) that can get near that so better from a $$ point. But everyone has a different strategy
This was discussed in another thread - we just aren't blessed with cheap rookies that have solid JS now that the giants and suns have established themselves (and also Essendon last year...). I think rookie strategy will be different this year - and potentially season defining.

Okay this is my team currently, what do you all think? If Cameron/Preuss do end up playing round 1, I will downgrade Witts to them and look to try and upgrade one of Z. Jones or K. Stewart to a premo. Gone more mid-priced than usual due to the lack of quality rooks.
Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 4.56.08 pm.png

Okay this is my team currently, what do you all think? If Cameron/Preuss do end up playing round 1, I will downgrade Witts to them and look to try and upgrade one of Z. Jones or K. Stewart to a premo. Gone more mid-priced than usual due to the lack of quality rooks.
View attachment 346328

To much cash in risky rucks. If you play Sandi in the ruck and Nankervis forward, you need a ruck/fwd at R3 so you dont waste cash on the pine. It means you can swing Nankervis to the rucks when needed. Downgrade Witts to Cameron and upgrade a mid pricer.

I dont agree with the full mid priced strategy but each to their own.

Positions don't change in RDT.

View attachment 346328
I have 22 of your 30.

So looking through the byes I've adjusted my team slightly in order to compensate

View attachment 346210

Basically all I've done is I've dumped 1 of Grundy/Goldy (whoever was the placeholder) and Swallow for Gaff and Ryder

Ryder will help massively come the R11 bye using Camerons DPP, however, the risk in having him with the R9 bye is that I will have to potentially upgrade Sandi + someone else before the byes, but my midfield and forwardline run deep so I reckon upgrading in the rucks early could work with all the confusion surrounding the rucks currently, it lets me see how Grundy, Goldy, Gawn, Stef etc play out for 6-8 weeks.

Swallow imo was never going to be a full season lock whereas Jaegarbomb may be a decent M8-9 if he can put up a 95-100 average which he's capable of if his knee holds up. If he's only around the 85-90 mark then I'll probably upgrade him when his bye comes. Another thing, you keep Ryder and Gaff for the full year, Grundy/Goldy you do but not Swallow, so I feel I may have saved a trade potentially there.

The other risk is will Roughy/Ryder average enough for F6? Every chance Roughy does however, based on his high possession output through the JLT so far, perhaps he plays a Nick Riewoldt type role further a field now.

Looking through the byes, looks like I'll have to be careful with the mids and forwards in ways

A majority of the relevant midfielders have R11 and 13 byes, but the R13 bye types is what I've mainly loaded up on so having DPP in the mids will probably be needed such as swinging a R11 forward in there come the R13 bye. Having Danger and Gaff in there with the R12 bye helps also, but I'd say I'll look at guys like Rocky, Bont, Hunter, Viney, JPK, Parker, Hanners, Steven etc off the R11 bye or Jelwood, Dusty and Priddis on the R12 bye to come in.

Absolute nightmare up forward in regards to round 11 forwards, basically everyone extremely relevant such as Dahl, NRoo, Macrae, Buddy, Heeney and Steele has R11 off except Roughy, Greene and Smith who are R13ers. Ryder will help in R11 however I feel. The main 4 ruck options in Gawn R11, Stef R11, Goldy R12 and Grundy R13 even themselves out as they're spread across the byes, worse case here is Gawn and Stef with the R11 bye become the best rucks, however, will see what happens there.

Defenders are pretty equal between a R11 and R13 split, no problems there, if a R12er like Tuohy or Houli looks like a top 10 defender then that helps later down the track in regards to bye planning though, but the split in R11ers in Doc, Simpson, Vince, JJ, Mills, Lloyd, Montagna to the R13ers in Shaw, Adams, Laird is ok I reckon, even with the weight favoured to R11ers at the moment, I feel there are more upgrade targets down back in R11 and 12 than in R13 who are more likely your set and forgeters.

Good looking team but the rucks are woeful. Also I think your forward line is to stacked, 1 for upgrades and secondly I think that fielding 2 of Eddy/Parfitt/Picket/Miles/etc... would give you a lot better structure. It seems like you are picking your finished forward line bar maybe one player. Ryder is not an R2 so that means you plan to have him at F7?. That means Roughy & Steele are in your finished forward line and 1 position available. (Unless Steele goes to M9). Just seems you dont have a lot of room to move with your forward structure throughout the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

My 2017 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back