My 2017 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't apologise at all, I freakin' love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My most memorable DT story from back in the day was when I was when I accidentally set Brad Symes (who was a rookie) as my captain instead of Kane Cornes because I clicked on the wrong Port Adelaide logo in the midfield.
Brad Symes went and got 140 points out of nowhere (he had never even gotten near that type of score before), beating Kane Cornes :D

My most memorable DT story from back in the day was when I was when I accidentally set Brad Symes (who was a rookie) as my captain instead of Kane Cornes because I clicked on the wrong Port Adelaide logo in the midfield.
Brad Symes went and got 140 points out of nowhere (he had never even gotten near that type of score before), beating Kane Cornes :D
Lol, he actually wasn't that bad surprisingly. Looking at his footywire profile, he averaged 80 odd a few times, problem was he'd only play 6-12 games a year normally.

That game was R16 2006 against St Kilda by the looks of it. 33 possessions and a massive 17 marks, only 1 tackle though. Must've played really outside that day.

Lol, he actually wasn't that bad surprisingly. Looking at his footywire profile, he averaged 80 odd a few times, problem was he'd only play 6-12 games a year normally.

That game was R16 2006 against St Kilda by the looks of it. 33 possessions and a massive 17 marks, only 1 tackle though. Must've played really outside that day.
Don't think ive ever cheered more for a non eagles player :D

I think Crouch goes big this year and it will be a breakout year for him in regards to dream team. Will pump out solid 100 after 100.

Shhhhhh

Joel Bowden and a young Dane Swan were the best backline players back when I started (Ben Johnson from the magpies too).
Daniel Cross was actually more elite than Scott West due to his tackling.
Kane Cornes was the best DT player though (his brother not too far behind) averaging 105.

Apologies for derailing the thread with DT Nostalgia

Yes the good old days when Jay Clark wasnt drip feeding the whole of Australia who to pick and people actually had different teams.. I reckon 70% of all teams will be exactly the same this year.

Dean Cox was always a lock, but other more than handy players who were locks in my team Hird, Wirrapanda, Richutto & Brad Johnson

Yes the good old days when Jay Clark wasnt drip feeding the whole of Australia who to pick and people actually had different teams.. I reckon 70% of all teams will be exactly the same this year.

Dean Cox was always a lock, but other more than handy players who were locks in my team Hird, Wirrapanda, Richutto & Brad Johnson
There is no way that 70% of teams will be exactly the same.

For all of you who continue to say "after Sandi gets injured" let me remind you that he played 21 games in 2015 and 21 games in 2014. He missed last year after having most of his ribs broken and his lung punctured. Hardly soft tissue injury concerns that many other more injury prone players suffer from yet get selected without anywhere near the concern.
I hope more and more people choose NOT to select him.

For all of you who continue to say "after Sandi gets injured" let me remind you that he played 21 games in 2015 and 21 games in 2014. He missed last year after having most of his ribs broken and his lung punctured. Hardly soft tissue injury concerns that many other more injury prone players suffer from yet get selected without anywhere near the concern.

Think ppl more worried about his calf injury he has had this pre-season. Calf injury + being 7foot tall 110kg+ isn't the best combo.

final DT team.png final DT team.png final DT team.png I have changed this a million times over the past two months but I feel I will stay with this team now. Many people may question the Watson selection but i feel he has looked like a different player this year to the one we saw 2-3 years ago.
I am happy with my overall structure and I must admit my focus this year will be winning my cash league rather than worrying about overall solely. some may say they go hand in hand - we will see.
Attack it at your will.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looked pretty sore and was getting a pretty thorough rub on the sidelines after JLT3, and I don't think he played much of the last quarter. Also only played limited time in JLT2. That compounds with his calf injury pre-season and obviously his age.

I think he is a fair injury risk, especially since I'm not really setting any backup if I get an injured ruck (ie I'm not going to put Ryder or Nankervis forward for a switch)

I also don't think he is necessarily going to be a keeper, so I think eventually he'll need to be upgraded.

I still think he is well worth the money and risk though. The upside is huge considering I reckon he'll average between 30-40 hitouts a game very comfortably.

I also don't think he is necessarily going to be a keeper, so I think eventually he'll need to be upgraded.

I still think he is well worth the money and risk though. The upside is huge considering I reckon he'll average between 30-40 hitouts a game very comfortably.
It would be good if we could start with 22 keepers but :(. I have included Nank on the forward not only as backup for either ruckmen but I feel there's little around that price that will score as well as him anyway. We do have trades for a reason. At worst I think Sandi will make $200K from his starting price upon which time he will be upgraded.

At worst I think Sandi will make $200K from his starting price upon which time he will be upgraded.

You think he'll make 200k 'at worst'? That's insanely optimistic, and that's coming from somebody who has Sandi.

If he can stick around until the byes, average around 80 and get himself above 400k, I'll consider it a successful pick. If he matches what you're calling an 'at worst' prediction, I'll be doing cartwheels.

You think he'll make 200k 'at worst'? That's insanely optimistic, and that's coming from somebody who has Sandi.

If he can stick around until the byes, average around 80 and get himself above 400k, I'll consider it a successful pick. If he matches what you're calling an 'at worst' prediction, I'll be doing cartwheels.

Yep, ideal scenario is to upgrade him to Grundy after the round 11 bye

I expect he will average 85+ which should push him to around $500K come round 13. I'll take that.

I expect he will average 85+ which should push him to around $500K come round 13. I'll take that.

From his last 2 full seasons mixed with age (He is not getting any younger), not playing last year and injuries over the pre-season 85 is an absolute Max that he will average (Absolute and that is dreaming).

If I was picking him I would be hoping for something in the 70's and to play most games.

View attachment 346559 View attachment 346559 View attachment 346559I have changed this a million times over the past two months but I feel I will stay with this team now. Many people may question the Watson selection but i feel he has looked like a different player this year to the one we saw 2-3 years ago.
I am happy with my overall structure and I must admit my focus this year will be winning my cash league rather than worrying about overall solely. some may say they go hand in hand - we will see.
Attack it at your will.

I'll attack you in a different way... you've called them 'final DT team' do you know what the word 'final' means?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another interesting discussion point for teams this year I think is the 3 Sydney backline options (a lot of teams will be going with one of these), and who represents the best value

Lloyd
Mills
Jones

This is a sydney midfield that has to replace Mitchell, a player that was able to gather enough ball to average triple figures. It is also a Sydney backline that is most likely phasing out McVeigh, a player who also managed to consistently average mid 90's playing out of the backline. To put it simply, there is a lot of ball available and these three players will be the main ones to capatalise on the opportunities

Now I think that in terms of expected averages that the pricing system has them allocated accordingly. I'd expect Lloyd to average the most, potentially looking at a 95+ average (depending on role). Mills if he shows the improvement expected, should be able to average 85 if not nudge close to 90. Jones is a bit of a wildcard, as he has never shown fantasy relevance or been touted as future fantasy relevant, but is heavily underpriced at an average of 55. For me the big determinant between these three will come down to midfield minutes. Whoever can spend more time in the middle and pad their tackle stats (whilst getting uncontested marks down back) will be the one to go for.

Lloyd is probably the only one I would be comfortable predicting could be a backline keeper. Mills you can save about 80k on but is highly unlikely to average enough to be a D6 come the end of the season (Still a chance to be Top 15 i'd say). The difference between Jones and Mills is about 100k, but the difference in average output could be anywhere from 5ppg to 20ppg, and is an almost certain upgrade requirement later on.

Right now I have Mills sitting at D4, but am really having a look at the other two options to either cement a potential keeper, or try a riskier mid price option.

Hi Guys, Ive got a new league I'm looking to fill with some good competition....944816 . Happy to return the favour and fill some spots in other leagues.

Remove this Banner Ad

My 2017 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back