My new willow

Remove this Banner Ad

redbacksfan said:
Where the heck did you get that idea from? Ricky Ponting's bat (Kahuna) has the sticker on it because it actually is a Kahuna bat, made by Kookaburra - who he is sponsored by.

True
I dont think Fisher have a graphite sticker on the back of thier bat that is causing all the uproar

redbacksfan said:
Where the heck did you get that idea from? Ricky Ponting's bat (Kahuna) has the sticker on it because it actually is a Kahuna bat, made by Kookaburra - who he is sponsored by.

I have also heard this that Fisher makes his bats, it wouldnt suprise me as they are the best hand made willows going around. He doesnt have enough money to sponser players but players buy willows off him and stick stickers on them. Obviously these are rumours and only Ricky or the bat maker could answer. But these 'rumours' seemed to of hung around Victoria at least for a couple of years.

ben.carbonaro said:
Geez... would be great if I had one of those.

How did you get your contacts, Sting ?

Sometimes it can just be people you play with , at one stage my brother worked for and was sponsored by a bat maker so that helps .Plus i have a connection through work.

If you find where the supplier is and go in they will generally do something for you , and you will also get to pick out a decent bat before they get to the stores .

ben.carbonaro said:
Geez... would be great if I had one of those.

How did you get your contacts, Sting ?

I know quite a few people that often write away to the bat maker and just saying what they have achieved. You usually would of had to of played some kind of state representative cricket to get a fair bit off but they sometimes might consider you to be a good ambassador for their brand, then they might sponser you.

_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
I know quite a few people that often write away to the bat maker and just saying what they have achieved. You usually would of had to of played some kind of state representative cricket to get a fair bit off but they sometimes might consider you to be a good ambassador for their brand, then they might sponser you.

It also depends on the brand of bat . A lesser known or less popular brand will be more likely to sponser someone , just to get there brand name out there . If the gear is good people are more likely to buy it if it offers a cheaper alternative to the big name brands

It is a massive advantage though to have have played some top level cricket.

I have the new V900 Pro. Best bat I have ever bought :thumbsu:

sting said:
It also depends on the brand of bat . A lesser known or less popular brand will be more likely to sponser someone , just to get there brand name out there . If the gear is good people are more likely to buy it if it offers a cheaper alternative to the big name brands

It is a massive advantage though to have have played some top level cricket.

Thought that i had forgotten something, The lesser known brand the beter chance of getting a sponsership

_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
I have also heard this that Fisher makes his bats, it wouldnt suprise me as they are the best hand made willows going around. He doesnt have enough money to sponser players but players buy willows off him and stick stickers on them. Obviously these are rumours and only Ricky or the bat maker could answer. But these 'rumours' seemed to of hung around Victoria at least for a couple of years.

I'm pretty sure that this is quite common with bats... Doesn't take much to get a couple of stickers stuck onto a bat...

eddiesmith said:
As of last Saturday this is my new bat. It was late in the innings, small ground so I decided to start using it

50_1.JPG

The ball comes off it beautifully :thumbsu:

I have one of the cheaper models Ed, just to muck around with..I don't play competitively any more... I find it a very nice bat...

And besides you can have the best bat in the world and still not make a run ;)

I've used most brands over the years but I've got a preference for Millichamp/Puma bats - GOOSH1 was on the money about how good they were in the late 80's/early 90's when it was 2 blokes in a suburban factory making them. Gray Nicholls are putting a lot more wood into their top range bats, really thick middles.
Does anyone know about the Woodworm bats Flintoff and Pietersen use??? I assume they're an English maker.

ben.carbonaro said:
I am a lighter bats man as well.

True, it's becoming hard to find one frm the well known brands that isn't chunky or super heavy.
Go the Newberry Merlin, it's light and hits the ball so well, great sweet spot and i rate it higher than any other bat i've touched (Slazengers, Gray Nicholls, GM, Kookaburra, the works)

be careful when u get custom made bats (light ones). my mate got 1 made and designed himself lol and its pretty ordinary. weighs nothing and isnt too aweful but not super and isn't worth the money. the bat maker would have been laughing when my mate described wat he wanted and he didnt care, as long as he paid him $400
also my mate is sponsered by sommers and he reckons they r the worst bats ever. doesnt even use their bats hahaha only uses them when a company rep comes to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

My new willow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back