on the wild side
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Williamstown
1/ Richmond will select Patrick Bowden, no explanation needed,

2/ Hawthorn will select Clint Bizzell and reinvent him as a forward again,

3/ Western Bulldogs will select Ty Zantuck to try and strengthen their defence,

4/ Collingwood will select Tim Notting, they will be the only ones who can afford him who have an early selection,

5/ Adelaide will select the second Brisbane player in Asley McGrath,

6/ Carlton will select Jess Sinclair, who doesn't get along with Dean Laidley, and wants to get back under Dennis Pagan

7/ Kangaroos will select Mark Stevens back to the club, who Adelaide have run out of patients with,

8/ Fremantle will select Andrew Williams back to the West to try and recapture his West Coast form.

This all is speculation, but I can see all these picks being good for everyone, apart from some of the clubs walked out on of course.

>A< said:

4/ Collingwood will select Tim Notting, they will be the only ones who can afford him who have an early selection,

6/ Carlton will select Jess Sinclair, who doesn't get along with Dean Laidley, and wants to get back under Dennis Pagan

7/ Kangaroos will select Mark Stevens back to the club, who Adelaide have run out of patients with,

8/ Fremantle will select Andrew Williams back to the West to try and recapture his West Coast form.

This all is speculation, but I can see all these picks being good for everyone, apart from some of the clubs walked out on of course.

What a waste of space and time :rolleyes:

Im not entirely sure what your smoking but feel free to pass some of it around. I think that what has been posted does not even deserve discussion in the main, the fact you wrote patients instead of patience was the clincher for me, as well as the fact complete crap was written in the surrounding document.

You have got no idea at all mate!!!

If will be like the other preseason drafts ...

There will be 1-3 uncontracted players taken early. There will be 2-4 guys who were delisted but overlooked in the draft proper. There will be 1-2 kids from junior comps who missed out on the main draft. There will be 1-3 older guys from state leagues.

Probably 10-12 picks total with plenty of clubs 4-5 clubs not participating.

Sheeds said:
Im not entirely sure what your smoking but feel free to pass some of it around. I think that what has been posted does not even deserve discussion in the main, the fact you wrote patients instead of patience was the clincher for me, as well as the fact complete crap was written in the surrounding document.

It was just a bloody scenario, get a grip. It was only a """"PHANTOM DRAFT"""", some of you guys just have to lighten up, and relax a little. Of course it isn't going to go that way, I don't recall me saying I have it on reliable source that this WILL happen, or anything like that, just a bit bored when thinking about Footy, and came up with a little something. If your not into that stuff, well don't bloody read it, if you are then do, I dont care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheer Red Blood said:
Why would richmond not take Bizzell?

Richmond could afford Notting.

Not very good.

Bizzell is apparently asking for a fair bit. Any of those top few would be a boost to us.

If Hawthorn overlooked Notting for Bizzell I would spew.

Notting is the kind of driving player we need to get the ball down the field to our (lack of) forwards, and possibly bob up with 30 odd goals himself...

We already have enough undersized backmen - Jacobs, Croad, Beaumont etc do we need another one? Plus do we want another player who is focussed on a career in acting after Footy - we may as well have 1 training session a week as a Drama class!

gob79 said:
If Hawthorn overlooked Notting for Bizzell I would spew.

Notting is the kind of driving player we need to get the ball down the field to our (lack of) forwards, and possibly bob up with 30 odd goals himself...

We already have enough undersized backmen - Jacobs, Croad, Beaumont etc do we need another one? Plus do we want another player who is focussed on a career in acting after Footy - we may as well have 1 training session a week as a Drama class!

You do realise that Bizzell can quite competently go forward, right?

vinnie_vegas69 said:
You do realise that Bizzell can quite competently go forward, right?

...so can Smith, Beaumont, Croad & Jacobs!

I heard we were trying to re-build, not interested in Bizzel - sorry, I am sure you can have him with your first pick if you want him!

>A< said:
Ain't gonna happen.

If Stevo does play next year it will be with Adelaide otherwise he will retire. He has until 2nd of december to prove that his knee and groin can stand up to the rigours of AFL footy. If he breaks down in this period he will retire and move to Perth where he has a couple of boost juice franchises with former Kangaroo and Crow Evan Hewitt.

Arsene Wenger said:
spot on stiff -- i think hel retire - have herd hes not real positive on getting back
Actually I am more confident that I was a month ago. My mail is his knee has been excellent and hasn't given him any trouble. He had a groin problem this year and it turns out it was very similar to the one Simon Goodwin had this year. He ripped 60% of the muscle off the bone and Goody missed 16 weeks with that. If Stevo can get over that and get his fitness to the required level, and if he doesn't cop an injury before 2nd of december he will be offered a 1 year deal.

As I said I am more confident now than I was a month ago. I still think he will most likely retire but there is a fair chance that he will play on next year.

>A< said:

Ok...
1. Richmond. Bowden.
2. Hawthorn. Zantuck - if he doesn't resign with the Tiges upon realising he otherwise goes to the Hawks...
3. Dogs. McGrath is only a 50-50 in my opinion to re-sign. The snag, again, is going from Lions to Dogs.
4. Collingwood. Pass, unless they retake McKee, not completely out of this world
5. Adelaide... I'd imagine a local selection would be far more intelligent.
6. Carlton are very good at preseason drafts and perhaps Spriggs deserves another chance, see if he can do what Clarke couldn't. If not then expect them not to pass on this pick.
7. The Roos will either make a non-AFL selection or pass.
and so on and so on!
Notting and Sinclair will probably resign with their clubs, as will Mark Stevens. Where did you pluck Williams from?
Jez

Remove this Banner Ad

My Phantom preseason draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back