Portfolio My take on Carlton new logo and jumpers (by Kolja51)

Remove this Banner Ad

kolja51

Debutant
Oct 20, 2005
Manama, Bahrain
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hajduk Split, Crystal Palace
I reckon Carlton is in need of a new crest. This one is based on an old crest from probably 1920s. Also I just took that CFC and placed it on the home jumper, while I redesigned the clash jumper a bit.

CFC.jpg

Re: My take on Carlton new logo and jumpers

I like the crest and looks good on the home, nothing really different. Need a bigger clash jumper view, but the sponsor would no work thare I am afraid. As it will become the focus and the colour would be to dominant. Not really sure what the actual design looks like though

The crest and the first guernsey are fine - but the away strip just looks like a Mars billboard.

I reckon Carlton is in need of a new crest. This one is based on an old crest from probably 1920s. Also I just took that CFC and placed it on the home jumper, while I redesigned the clash jumper a bit.

CFC.jpg

Very funny.

You are having a laugh with that white guernsey obviously..

so make the monogram extremely small and put mars bar sign right in the middle.

Hawthorn supporters from Zagreb can never be trusted with Carlton jumper designs from this moment on.

The problem is that most of these white clash jumpers that teams wear right now are so tasteless and tacky I wouldn't be surprised if something like this was introduced for Carlton as well. The baby blue clash jumper they have right now is vomit inducing material.

:thumbsu:the designs do look alright, but i think there would have to be alot of debate before carlton change there logo agian

:thumbsu:the designs do look alright, but i think there would have to be alot of debate before carlton change there logo agian

There is no debate apparently.

No one at Carlton is consulted - not the members, not anyone.

Usually what happens is sometime in February on Carlton's website they sneak in a side message amongst training notes...oh by the way , we now have a clash guernsey and you have not been consulted on it...we at Carlton though love it. We even have taken a photo of a 10 year old girl buying one.

Usually what happens is sometime in February on Carlton's website they sneak in a side message amongst training notes...oh by the way , we now have a clash guernsey and you have not been consulted on it...we at Carlton though love it. We even have taken a photo of a 10 year old girl buying one.
is it the sky blue jersey ??

Mate, this is NOT Carlton's new logo, it's just my idea, what would I like to see Carlton adopt, as I think it looks better, classier and honors the past. As for the jumper, I can remove Mars or make it smaller, that's the least that matters, but I wanted to see if the jersey design would fly with you lads (clash, as I didn't change home).

Mate, this is NOT Carlton's new logo, it's just my idea, what would I like to see Carlton adopt, as I think it looks better, classier and honors the past. As for the jumper, I can remove Mars or make it smaller, that's the least that matters, but I wanted to see if the jersey design would fly with you lads (clash, as I didn't change home).

I think he realises that.
And also that is not outside the bounds of possibility that something like your White jumper might one day be adopted.
For what it's worth, I prefer your logo to the existing Carlton logo.
But I just don't see how anything other than Old Dark Navy Blue is going to appease Carlton supporters, so any version of clash jumper is going to be difficult to appeal to everyone.

Much better. However the monogram needs to be of smaller size, same as what they currently have it. yours would look way too big on a standard guernsey size.

Why yellow-gold? It starts to look more like a West Coast Clash, replace the yellow with a pale yellow as a momento the their original guernsey.

The gold is a nice accent colour IMO but you're always going to be treading a fine line when introducing new colours to a palette that hadn't been changed for 90 or so years.

I like the gold, gives a bit of a powerful/regal feel which harks back to the original Carlton days.

The gold is a nice accent colour IMO but you're always going to be treading a fine line when introducing new colours to a palette that hadn't been changed for 90 or so years.

I like the gold, gives a bit of a powerful/regal feel which harks back to the original Carlton days.

in one of carltons early jumpers they had a yellow'y goldish colour on it anyways

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind your concept here kolja but i'm a huge fan of the current Carlton monogram. It doesn't get heaps of love and I don't really understand why. A lot of Carlton supporters seem to prefer the idea of going back to their pre-1998 monogram.

I think it's probably the best logo in the AFL at the moment.

Carlton's cream colour was actually chamois. Which is a type of leather.
You know, like you'd use to clean the car?
They started out a sort of white colour, but as the jumpers got older, dirtier and washed, the colour turned that pale cream colour.

Most Carlton historians would argue the intention was always for it to appear White, but that never lasted long.

Leather%20Chamois.jpg

nice history lesson :thumbsu: how do you know that ??

I've done a little bit of research for my website over the years.
My site is www.footyjumpers.com
Have a look, there's some interesting footy jumper stuff in there.

I've done a little bit of research for my website over the years.
My site is www.footyjumpers.com
Have a look, there's some interesting footy jumper stuff in there.

Great site mate.

Richmond had some interesting designs.

Carlton's cream colour was actually chamois. Which is a type of leather.
You know, like you'd use to clean the car?
They started out a sort of white colour, but as the jumpers got older, dirtier and washed, the colour turned that pale cream colour.

Most Carlton historians would argue the intention was always for it to appear White, but that never lasted long.

Leather%20Chamois.jpg

Mero, so what should you use as an accent color.. I like InCase's idea of pale yellow, but if there is a color that would make Carlton's historians happier, I would rather use that color.

Mero, so what should you use as an accent color.. I like InCase's idea of pale yellow, but if there is a color that would make Carlton's historians happier, I would rather use that color.

Carlton historians would suggest White.
But if you can get some of the cream colour out of the chamois, I think it would be more realistic.

Example. Melbourne would say their Preseason jumper was White, with Red and Blue. Yet we know it was Pink, and they didn't wear it the next week because it was Pink. Yet, in 10 years Melbourne people will tell you they wore Blue & Red on the White jumper.

I say use a Colour Picker tool on the Chamois graphic and use that.
R 215 G 186 B 132 would be pretty close.

Carlton historians would suggest White.
But if you can get some of the cream colour out of the chamois, I think it would be more realistic.

Example. Melbourne would say their Preseason jumper was White, with Red and Blue. Yet we know it was Pink, and they didn't wear it the next week because it was Pink. Yet, in 10 years Melbourne people will tell you they wore Blue & Red on the White jumper.

I say use a Colour Picker tool on the Chamois graphic and use that.
R 215 G 186 B 132 would be pretty close.

Why not the colour on your site?

Why not the colour on your site?

The one I used was sort of more yellow, and was based on what they used in 03 & 04 as Heritage jumpers.
After looking at more samples of chamois, I have changed it to the colour above.

Here are few more revisions. So he new accent color is that cream you suggested, logo on the jumper is smaller, and I added a wordmark for the logo.

Carlton.jpg

I don't mind your concept here kolja but i'm a huge fan of the current Carlton monogram. It doesn't get heaps of love and I don't really understand why. A lot of Carlton supporters seem to prefer the idea of going back to their pre-1998 monogram.

I think it's probably the best logo in the AFL at the moment.

Agree. I reckon the current monogram s**ts all over the previous one(s).

Remove this Banner Ad

Portfolio My take on Carlton new logo and jumpers (by Kolja51)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back