Yep very strong when you consider

First 22 or fringe players missing/injured/essendoped:

Trengove
Wingard
Ryder
Monfries
Colquhoun
Redden

I still believe that we'll be a little off the pace early and not as sharp as the Eagles who've played 2 games so far to our 0. However you'd think with our lineup that even if they jump us a bit we should run over them by the end.

I'm personally thinking we'd go:
FF: Butcher, Schulz, Neade
HF: R Gray, Westhoff, White
C: Polec, B Ebert, Hartlett
HB: Broadbent, Hombsch, O'Shea
FB: Jonas, Carlile, Pittard
R: Lobbe, Wines, Boak

INT:
Young
Moore
Cornes
Amon
Impey
Clurey

Subs:
N Krak (give Krak a shot after half time to see how he goes)
AhChee (give AhChee a taste in a strong side after his impressive last qtr in the trial)

Missing:
S Gray (doesn't really require a taste of it, will be ok to play week 2)
K Mitchell (he's my buddy, but I reckon he should sit this out)
Stewart (Really good last week, but as a 26 y.o. I'd think giving Impey, Clurey and Amon a chance would be higher on the agenda)

Can we please have 10 late changes, last night I had a dream that Schulz did his ACL after a contest with mitch brown. My last two dreams about footy were having massive leads against carlton (round 23) and the final against Richmond at half time which came to be. Please not!

Can we please have 10 late changes, last night I had a dream that Schulz did his ACL after a contest with mitch brown. My last two dreams about footy were having massive leads against carlton (round 23) and the final against Richmond at half time which came to be. Please not!
You SIR need to be delisted immediately o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know how ticket sales are going? Should be a fair crowd there.

I'm trying to keep an eye out for this too, trying to avoid having to buy tickets, lol.

Would much prefer that we go with a 2nd string side for the greater part of this game. Winning pre-season games is all very well and has been seen as necessary at times to give the supporters some incentive to keep following the team. But I'd much sooner we give most of the gametime to 2nd tier players, then if we get close or even win all the better. If we play mainly first team players and win it may be pleasing at the time but it doesn't really say much. In particular I would like to see Mitchell, Amon, Clurey, White, Impey, Moore, Young, Ah Chee, S.Gray and Krakouer get serious gametime. And a few experiments like Pittard and Neade in the midfield.

Can't complain about a strong team. Would've liked to see Yoey Wagner get a gig though, it would've been interesting and a good reward for his strong intra-club.

KANE CORNES SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING HE SHOULD BE PUT OUT TO PASTURE FARKIN

He shouldn't be playing because he doesn't need to. He's such a machine that we could probably wheel him out Round 1 without a warmup and he wouldn't miss a beat.

Can't complain about a strong team. Would've liked to see Yoey Wagner get a gig though, it would've been interesting and a good reward for his strong intra-club.

He shouldn't be playing because he doesn't need to. He's such a machine that we could probably wheel him out Round 1 without a warmup and he wouldn't miss a beat.

He looked pretty sore after the intraclub, so I'm not surprised he has been rested. He will definitely get a go next week.

Would much prefer that we go with a 2nd string side for the greater part of this game. Winning pre-season games is all very well and has been seen as necessary at times to give the supporters some incentive to keep following the team. But I'd much sooner we give most of the gametime to 2nd tier players, then if we get close or even win all the better. If we play mainly first team players and win it may be pleasing at the time but it doesn't really say much. In particular I would like to see Mitchell, Amon, Clurey, White, Impey, Moore, Young, Ah Chee, S.Gray and Krakouer get serious gametime. And a few experiments like Pittard and Neade in the midfield.
I saw last week that senior players will get a good run this week and the seconds will get more of a run next week as we have to travel to freo for the 1st game.

I saw last week that senior players will get a good run this week and the seconds will get more of a run next week as we have to travel to freo for the 1st game.

Whichever way around it happens, it's all good. Just wouldn't want to see all the NAB cup games played with 3/4 first choice players or it would just be a waste of time.

Oh Yeah, O'Shizzle named!
Hope the lad has a star game, will need it to keep a spot on Trengroves return
:(Why Defence, why you be so strong?:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview NAB 1 Port vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back