Autopsy NAB 1 vs Bulldogs @ Whitten Oval - Saturday 4:30pm, February 28

MVP: Select up to 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We need that super defensive small forward, someone that has strength and aggression. Morris has that, and i hope it works out for him. But one thing King had, that Morris doesnt, and that is speed. Old Jakey was very very fast over 10 to 20m.

Also remembering that the forward line was Kingy's last chance. Didnt cut it as small defender, and couldnt be used as an on-baller.

Morris should be used where he is most effective. That proposition will change weekly depending on the opponent. We need him for small quick pricks forward or back although default up forward seems a good idea. A forward line with Morris, Knights, S.Edwards and a resting mid is a tasty proposition.

We need that super defensive small forward, someone that has strength and aggression. Morris has that, and i hope it works out for him. But one thing King had, that Morris doesnt, and that is speed. Old Jakey was very very fast over 10 to 20m.

Also remembering that the forward line was Kingy's last chance. Didnt cut it as small defender, and couldnt be used as an on-baller.

Eh? Morris is zippy as

I find it weird that people are writing Morris off and a small forward.
We know he can apply pressure and deal out the pain.
And on Saturday he kicked 2 goals in difficult conditions - good return for a defensive forward.
The likely alternative, The Donut, gave us 3/5s of SFA.
To me that says persevere.
Same.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that he is being played as a quick, defensive forward. If he can create defensive pressure and snag a few goals its a win. There's enough quality in our back six to cover his loss. Our forward six has gaps and he could be the answer to filling one.

image.jpg1.jpg

1191763_o.gif
who posted this? i want names of the "had 5 years under Dimma" players that played this game.....

Just watched the full game and I think based on that one game lambert and castagna are the two I would upgrade. Castagna looked quick and grounded and hit people hard. Liked his game from our rookies
Can't stand ya!
unnamed (1).jpg
I hope he becomes a regular. It'd be great to hear the crowd roar 'GEORGE' every time he gets a touch.

Really like Morris as that defensive small forward. He might not kick 3 a game but he's not there to be Eddie Betts, he's there to make sure a rebounding half back is shitting himself every time he goes near it. If he kicks some goals, bonus.

Teams like Port and the Hawks build their offense from half back. The more we have their prime distributers shitting their pants the more likely it is they'll stuff up a rebound play. Our forward line has lacked significant pressure for some time now, except on the rare occasion we've had Kingy in, and it's been well documented that we won more often than lost with him in the side. Hopefully Morris will help to quell some opposition run at the source - we've been killed that way time and time again. As you say, he's not there to kick 3 a week, and neither was Kingy - 1 or 2 would be a bonus. He's more there to scare the shit out of the Chris Yarrans of this world. I'm not sold on it yet but there's no questioning the strategy IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris is quicker than King.

Morris is quicker than King.

King was never really that fast. he just knew when to go and where to go. he also could get to his top speed really quickly, even though his stop speed was really medium pace. I just hope Morris tackles more then bumps to be honest. What we dont need is free kicks to be given away in our forward 50 to allow a easy release of the ball to race up the ground.

I think the experiment has some merit, it did not work the last time but maybe now we have put in the development this off season with Morris to make it work better. I agree, we do need to have something to dry up the run out of our F50. I just believe we have better options like a Hunt or even Edwards which IMO have more natural goal sense and are as equal in speed to Morris.

Its just when Morris is focused on a player, more then a ball as a small defensive stopper, he is very close to elite. His 2013 was sensational in that role. I am just worried by robbing Peter to pay Paul, are we going to lose out on that proven ability Morris has shown in the back for a average to ok performance forward...time will tell i guess

And that player would be..........

Dude...i am not part of the brains trust and I dont get paid for my expertise on potential...all i know is if we are now going to move a player who has basically built his whole career on being a small defender shutting down small forwards and has been integral in our defensive structure, into a small defensive forward, then my question is who will be our small defender who will do the same job and do it as well as Morro has....like i have said, IF THEY F**K THIS UP, by trying to reinvent the wheel, like they did last year and realized after looking at 3-10 and thinking shit we have NFI...then I will f****ing spit chips..

I think the point is that Batch and Lennon are prefered as defenders to Morris so they are going to try Morris as a defensive foward.
Both much better uses of the footy than Morris and are more likely to offer more offensively which is what our game plan relies on.

King was never really that fast. he just knew when to go and where to go. he also could get to his top speed really quickly, even though his stop speed was really medium pace. I just hope Morris tackles more then bumps to be honest. What we dont need is free kicks to be given away in our forward 50 to allow a easy release of the ball to race up the ground.

I think the experiment has some merit, it did not work the last time but maybe now we have put in the development this off season with Morris to make it work better. I agree, we do need to have something to dry up the run out of our F50. I just believe we have better options like a Hunt or even Edwards which IMO have more natural goal sense and are as equal in speed to Morris.

Its just when Morris is focused on a player, more then a ball as a small defensive stopper, he is very close to elite. His 2013 was sensational in that role. I am just worried by robbing Peter to pay Paul, are we going to lose out on that proven ability Morris has shown in the back for a average to ok performance forward...time will tell i guess
If he's too replace Kingy, he's going to have to learn how to throw the head back when he's touched high. I know King was short but **** he milked it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy NAB 1 vs Bulldogs @ Whitten Oval - Saturday 4:30pm, February 28

Back