Game Day NAB Challenge 3 Freo Vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't of mind seeing Tanner Smith play more than a quarter given Silvagni seems unlikely to play in round one. Port are really going to stretch us down back, especially if they play Butcher to cause headaches. Wont be surprised if Mayne spends time down back if SCOS doesn't play.
Ryder will be suspended and they won't play Butcher imo.

I think thats in the template file they have for match reports at the West. Except now it says "Brownlow Medallist Matt Priddis"
What a curse that was, now they have to play him forever.

It's right under the "Cousins arrested" file.

Priddis was very good with his hands in close yesterday. None of their other players were any good.

They have to name someone in their best!

Whoever said that Connor Blakely looks like a skinnier Paul Haselby hit the nail on the head.

The likeness is astounding in this pic.

363148-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-03-23/intensity-lifts-for-preseason-derby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever said that Connor Blakely looks like a skinnier Paul Haselby hit the nail on the head.

The likeness is astounding in this pic.

363148-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-03-23/intensity-lifts-for-preseason-derby

It's not just his physical likeness - it's his silky, quick hands and great decision making. Hase had the quickest hands in and out of a pack of any player we've ever had. I remember him getting pinged for a throw on more than one occasion cos his hands were quicker than the umpire's eyes. On replay, he'd always got that fist in - one smooth move. And Hase always chose the right option. Blakely seems to have similar attributes - but hopefully with more of the athleticism of a modern day player. ;)

My mate who is a scout for an eastern states team (therefore particularly knowledgeable I think) was at the game taking notes yesterday and commented to me this morning that Blakely is going to be a Superstar of the competition "No doubt whatsoever". Probably not this year though.

His other comments - Fyfe for the Brownlow this year (no shit sherlock), Duffy looks to have had his bad habits chipped away and could be a great player soon. Playing him away from goals is what he needs so he doesn't seek all the glory himself.

He also though that yesterday Fremantle were engaging in onfield 'Interval Training' meaning that the runner seemed to go out every ten minutes or so and tell them to take their foot off the pedal or go hard alternatively.
These are all really good notes, and the last bit was something I've picked up on the last two games too.

The Sydney game, we had our backs kicking out on the full presumably on purpose to give them an intense game to practice with. And there's not much better forward lines out there than Sydneys. Like, our backs are pretty elite kicks. You can't accidentally kick out on the full that many times in a game.

And the difference between our on and our off in yesterdays game was pretty massive. And explains why there were a lot of guys playing out of position. E.g. Mundy playing up back so that Sutty could transition forwards. And also explains why McPharlins game looked average. The only time the ball was getting into our backline was when our entire team was slacking off. Kinda makes me wonder if some of our terrible goal attempts were on purpose to practice turning the ball over in our 50.

My mate who is a scout for an eastern states team (therefore particularly knowledgeable I think) was at the game taking notes yesterday and commented to me this morning that Blakely is going to be a Superstar of the competition "No doubt whatsoever". Probably not this year though.

His other comments - Fyfe for the Brownlow this year (no shit sherlock), Duffy looks to have had his bad habits chipped away and could be a great player soon. Playing him away from goals is what he needs so he doesn't seek all the glory himself.

He also though that yesterday Fremantle were engaging in onfield 'Interval Training' meaning that the runner seemed to go out every ten minutes or so and tell them to take their foot off the pedal or go hard alternatively.
Speaking of Duffy, his field kicking really impressed me. Future half back?

These are all really good notes, and the last bit was something I've picked up on the last two games too.

The Sydney game, we had our backs kicking out on the full presumably on purpose to give them an intense game to practice with. And there's not much better forward lines out there than Sydneys. Like, our backs are pretty elite kicks. You can't accidentally kick out on the full that many times in a game.

And the difference between our on and our off in yesterdays game was pretty massive. And explains why there were a lot of guys playing out of position. E.g. Mundy playing up back so that Sutty could transition forwards. And also explains why McPharlins game looked average. The only time the ball was getting into our backline was when our entire team was slacking off. Kinda makes me wonder if some of our terrible goal attempts were on purpose to practice turning the ball over in our 50.

In the same vein, do you think we were ordered to kick points on purpose yesterday in order to defend a kick out from the backline?
Hopefully this accounts for the inaccuracy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back