Game Day NAB Challenge 3 Freo Vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

RTB is always one to play his cards close to his chest in any pre-season competition. If we had gone and spanked the Wiggles by 15 goals, then the whole AFL world would be taking notice. By just a comfortable win, we get our training minutes in and don't reveal too much. Ross works in a similar way with regards to not really giving too much detail about where various guys are with regards to injuries - best to keep everyone guessing (even if it annoys fans somewhat).

It was a good training drill, aside from the Suban hamstring. Bring on the real stuff ...

Understandably by the forever changing landscape of the rule book by the AFL it can become quite confusing but just to clear it up for the upcoming 2015 season there are no premiership points awarded for getting close.

Yep and no premiership cup for becoming runner up, All i was trying to say is that it looked like both teams need a fair bit of work, i thought both teams skills weren't exactly great, I view Freo as one of the best well drilled teams in the comp and would of expected to lose alot more without having a back line you would have to agree surely ?

Adam Simpson doesn't have much to work with and the little he does have he's not really sure what to do with.

They really are a soft unit in general - any sort of pressure and they just cough it up, and they have no real leaders to assert the game back on their terms at any stage, except for Naitanui giving their mids first use from the ruck. Freo have Fyfe, Pavlich, Walters, Ballas, etc all able to step up and turn the game in a few minutes.

We were missing Barlow, Ballas, Mzungu, Tabs, Duffield, Dawson.

We played with three rucks which I hope we never do in the H&A season.

Our A graders weren't always in the square for the bounce.

Sherro played beautifully i thought, quite a few of his disposals were high risk - high reward and he pulled them off. He tackled well and seemed to always be in good position. Definitely put up his hand for Rnd 1.

Considering how rusty D.Pearce looked I wouldn't mind if Sutcliffe played on the wing and Sherro took over Sutty's role in the backline.

I guess well see how Barlow, Duffield and Pearce go for Peel next week.

Yep and no premiership cup for becoming runner up, All i was trying to say is that it looked like both teams need a fair bit of work, i thought both teams skills weren't exactly great, I view Freo as one of the best well drilled teams in the comp and would of expected to lose alot more without having a back line you would have to agree surely ?

Not sure if you were watching a derby from the 1990's but I thought Freo's skills were pretty good. Will look forward to the return of Barlow, Ballantyne, Taberner, Duffield, Mzungu et al, hard to gauge how you're tracking when your best 22 aren't on the park.

Tommy Sheridan - 27 touches at 96% efficiency. He compliments RTB's game plan with his run, disposal effectiveness and now decision making (which he lacked in the games i saw last year). The bar is set for him now and given it's a contract year (i think?) he really needs to maintain this level of output.

I agree. Not really bothered about the score, we're a top 4 side and Eagles probably 8-12 we should have beaten you and we did. I don't think we went above 80% intensity throughout the game. What can't be excused though is our accuracy in front of goal. Very poor and against the top teams it'll likely cost us the game.

I posted on FB how useless Simpson comes across, and started a shit storm with my mates. But IMO he seems totally over awed, like a deer in the headlights.
He looks like he's permanently just taken a couple of xanax or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree that there young players showed alot bar lamb i guess. They all got lots of it. Masten, shuey, sheed, gaff. Won the clearances but still lost fairly convincingly. They lack size which isnt being made up for with positioning or elite disposal. I dont think they are soft just small whithout enough of the benefits usually associated with smaller players.

I disagree that there young players showed alot bar lamb i guess. They all got lots of it. Masten, shuey, sheed, gaff. Won the clearances but still lost fairly convincingly. They lack size which isnt being made up for with positioning or elite disposal. I dont think they are soft just small whithout enough of the benefits usually associated with smaller players.

Agree, who was that Nelson guy? Did he win an Auskick raffle or something to play a NAB Challenge game with the Eagles?

dazed-hero.jpg

Wouldn't of mind seeing Tanner Smith play more than a quarter given Silvagni seems unlikely to play in round one. Port are really going to stretch us down back, especially if they play Butcher to cause headaches. Wont be surprised if Mayne spends time down back if SCOS doesn't play.

Wouldn't of mind seeing Tanner Smith play more than a quarter given Silvagni seems unlikely to play in round one. Port are really going to stretch us down back, especially if they play Butcher to cause headaches. Wont be surprised if Mayne spends time down back if SCOS doesn't play.
We can't upgrade Tanner, as it currently stands - so no point playing him with a view towards rd.1 selection.

On the flip side, them playing 3 talls could prove detrimental. Sure, they will be strong in the air but all Freo have to do is bring it to ground and let the smalls run it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day NAB Challenge 3 Freo Vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back