Preview NAB Challenge - Pies v Blues (closed, pls move discussion to game day thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realy interested in watching Cox go. I haven't heard a bad word about him from the team or threads..No way he'll be ready for AFL this year BUT can you imagine 211 CM's Forward/Ruck teaming with Witts at 208CM's... WOW...Apparently his vertical jump is enourmous as well. OMG..I Hope, I hope, I hope...

Still 2 players to 3 players to drop out of the senior squad... Cox cut?

Realy interested in watching Cox go. I haven't heard a bad word about him from the team or threads..No way he'll be ready for AFL this year BUT can you imagine 211 CM's Forward/Ruck teaming with Witts at 208CM's... WOW...Apparently his vertical jump is enourmous as well. OMG..I Hope, I hope, I hope...

No says a bad word about him because he has played 2 games in his life. That said so far he hasn't looked near AFL quality but of course he shouldn't be expected to be yet anyway. Not sure what you would be excited about seeing at this stage.

For those of you wondering why certain players haven't been named.

With keeffe witts Reid Moore frost & white not playing, who will hold down our key posts?

Back brown & toovey ?? Oxley ?? Goldsack ?!

Forward cloke & gault

With keeffe witts Reid Moore frost & white not playing, who will hold down our key posts?

Back brown & toovey ?? Oxley ?? Goldsack ?!

Forward cloke & gault

Makes the case for Oxley and Cox to both play. Goldsack, Toovey and Karnezis next in line.

No says a bad word about him because he has played 2 games in his life. That said so far he hasn't looked near AFL quality but of course he shouldn't be expected to be yet anyway. Not sure what you would be excited about seeing at this stage.

211CM's and can jump REALLY REALLY HIGH...

B - Toovey Brown Sinclair
HB - Williams Oxley Langdon
C - Sidebottom Adams Greenwood
HF - Fasolo Cloke Goldsack
F - Elliott Gault Karnezis
R - Grundy Pendlebury Swan
INT - De Goey Thomas Broomhead Kennedy Dwyer Blair Varcoe Freeman Crisp Ramsay Cox

Guessing with Frost out they have earmarked Oxley to play at CHB.
If Oxley is meant to be our CHB we might as well throw the game. CHB goes to a strongly built brut. Goldsack should play that role.

To the bench :
Sinclair Williams Oxley

To the 22 Crisp Ramsay Freeman.

If Oxley is meant to be our CHB we might as well throw the game. CHB goes to a strongly built brut. Goldsack should play that role.

Yeah almost put him in that position. They are about the same height but without looking I reckon Goldsack has a bit more weight on him... Maybe 10kgs.
Reason I put it that way is because generally VFL games I watch Oxley plays in defence and Goldsack has been playing primarily as a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wanted Trelor, Cameron and now Frawley? How were we suppose to find space for any two of them?
Clean out Keeffe and White and upgrade on Gault and we might just be a better team. Also Reid and Brown can't get through a year. So yes the answer is yes there was room for Cameron and Frawley at Collingwood.

Yeah almost put him in that position. They are about the same height but without looking I reckon Goldsack has a bit more weight on him... Maybe 10kgs.
Reason I put it that way is because generally VFL games I watch Oxley plays in defence and Goldsack has been playing primarily as a forward.
Oxley on a half back flank might get a try, very unlikely he's going to be CHB. Shows our lack of key defensive talls though.

Should've recruit Frawley. Big mistake by us.
Why? Because a bunch of key position players are sitting out a NAB match against an opposition with no high quality KPF?

Sound logic.

We're playing Carlton in a NAB challenge match who the **** cares how weak or strong our KPD's are??
I agree. We should be managing player training loads and not worried about the result of the game. If it works out that the best thing to do is rest/rotate/manage our players to have them at peak fitness and fresh round 1 than so be it. Why should Essendon have all the fun resting players :)

Clean out Keeffe and White and upgrade on Gault and we might just be a better team. Also Reid and Brown can't get through a year. So yes the answer is yes there was room for Cameron and Frawley at Collingwood.
Keeffe, White and Gault wouldn't get you Camerons left leg! I'd love to see them with us but I couldn't see 1 happening to be honest.

Not related to this thread at all but not sure where to ask. Just a question about membership.
If I'm an interstate member and I'm going to the Port vs Pies game here and my missus wants to come with me, how would we be seated together? Would she have to be an interstate member as well? (trying to get her to sign up)
Sorry its off topic!!

I'm a (NSW) interstate member and the way it has worked in past years is the club send out a form to fill out to claim your free ticket that comes with the membership. If your wife is also a Collingwood interstate member then you can fill out her membership number on the same form and you'll get seated together.

If your wife is not a Collingwood interstate member then you basically have to purchase two new tickets.

Check with the membership department at the club to confirm this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back