Preview NAB Challenge Pies vs Hawks Thur 26th (thread closed - please move discussion to Game Day thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't get it. Read what S.A pie was saying.
we already have talked in pm , you don't get it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Ha you only have one player on my list that you don't think is depth that's your opinion only lol nice try ThatsHird but one person lol

Back to the start for you to see it better

THATSGOLD said:
I'd say our depth is better than Hawthorns? Who the hell are all those blokes they've named with 40 on their backs? And Sicily? Ha. That's depth? Willsmore? What depth?
Popin said:
Billy Hartung, Jed Anderson, Alex Woodward,Jonathon Ceglar,Brendan Whitecross, Jonathan Simpkin Jermaine Miller-Lewis has some talent but they have a few young guys also out Tim O'Brien, Ryan schoenmakers Thats depth to me
popin says
So hawthorn has better depth than us because they are proving more than our list as they stood up all year with injuries to win a flag.
We haven't proved anything yet with this new young group coming through but maybe in a few years we will have better depth with more talent developing over time than them when hodge and co all retire.

Depth can be any player on an afl list if you want to get technical and it doesn't matter if they are a rookie or only play one game. :Dyou get it now:D
Ps, jermaine Miller-lewis should of been drafted in top 50 if didn't have so many injury problems cos he the most talented kid to be drafted in the rookie draft based on natural skill, potential ceiling etc as was in the ais program.
How many rookies has collingwood had as depth over the years.
You said what depth, i showed you the depth and you could only find one player you think that isn't, just one.:rolleyes::rolleyes: the players in bold are depth

Last edited:

Back to the start for you to see it better

THATSGOLD said:
I'd say our depth is better than Hawthorns? Who the hell are all those blokes they've named with 40 on their backs? And Sicily? Ha. That's depth? Willsmore? What depth?
Popin said:
Billy Hartung, Jed Anderson, Alex Woodward,Jonathon Ceglar,Brendan Whitecross, Jonathan Simpkin Jermaine Miller-Lewis has some talent but they have a few young guys also out Tim O'Brien, Ryan schoenmakers Thats depth to me
popin says
So hawthron has better depth than us because they are proving more than our list as they stood up all year with injuries to win a flag.
We havent proved anything yet with this new young group coming through but maybe in a few years we will have better depth with more talent developing over time than them when hodge and co all retire. depth can be any player on an afl list if you want to get technical and it doesn't matter if they are a rookie or only play one game. :Dyou get it now:D
Ps, jermaine Miller-lewis should of been drafted in top 50 if didn't have so many injury problems cos he the most talented kid to be drafted in the rookie draft based on natural skill, potential ceiling etc as was in the ais program.
How many rookies has collingwood had as depth over the years.
You said what depth, i showed you the depth and you could only find one player you think that isn't, just one.:rolleyes::rolleyes: the players in bold are depth
Hawthorns depth going in to this match is not better than ours. Those players you've bolded are not household names. How hard is that to understand?

IN FACT there are more players you've deliberately left out of their "depth" those 4 guys in the 40s and number 38. No one has even heard of them. That's depth? How is that better than ours?

Last edited:
The key will be how many of the premiership players make the final 26 ( ie Brad Hill had been ruled out earlier in week) and how many of the 14 are used as subs. There actual team might not be as strong as it looks now.

Gee we argue about some funny things on this board.

Especially considering a core group of young players will be going toe to toe tomorrow night and I guess we'll get some indication than as to who has better depth.

I think the Hawks have a fantastic list that has a number of depth players that would be playing AFL at most other clubs.

Don't care if we win or lose in these games. More want to see us work on our game plan and put into practise the things we have worked on over the summer. Mistakes are going to happen and most players will on play a certain amount of time. You want to see something from the kids and lesser players.
Exactly. You know what you're going to get from the core/senior players, so the focus for me at this time of year is seeing what the younger players can add to the side. Can't wait to have another look at Freeman and the hype around De Goey is exciting, although I think the real impact will need to come from the next level up, e.g. Thomas, Karnezis, Adams, Kennedy, Fasolo etc.

Hawthorns depth going in to this match is not better than ours. Those players you've bolded are not household names. How hard is that to understand?

IN FACT there are more players you've deliberately left out of their "depth" those 4 guys in the 40s and number 38. No one has even heard of them. That's depth? How is that better than ours?
LOL i didnt no you had to be a household name to be depth, those players bolded pretty much all of them came in and done there job last year in a winning team every week lol houshold name
Do you have to be chriss judd to be depth because he is a house hold name lol :rolleyes:
Our depth haven't proved anything compared to the hawks. we need to stand up all season and even win finals with our young depth group developing to be rated as good as the hawks depth.
Proof is in the pudding winning back to back finals wile having many injuries

Last edited:
"untried rookie" Yes Frosty came from the rookie draft. But he's shown he's decent. That Hawks fella hasn't played a game yet and can't be called 'good depth'
It doesn't matter if untried, you have the best 22 who are picked first and the rest of the list is depth so it doesn't matter one bit cos dwyer was untried Blair and marley williams was to when drafted etc so you don't know until the season is over sense your basing it on that they have to play lots of games but saying he isn't depth when the season isnt even over to no the answer to him playing a game and doing the job as depth is silly.
Getting one game coming in and doing your job in a winning team is depth.
Hawks had injuries and still winning finals with depth players before the grand final when ceglar got dropped for the main man bigboy.
The point is and has been all along is what depth do the hawks have and also he thinks our depth is better than the hawks but that's not true until we prove it playing all year like the hawks already have.
He asked what depth and just gives you excuses back using Jermaine Miller-Lewis as an excuse when there are more than one player on my list that are depth.....

Last edited:
Dwyer has talent, it is unfortunate that he will be 29 by the end of the season, because if he was 22 he would already have been offered another contract. He is a natural footballer who has nice agility (lacks a bit of speed) has a great footy brain and is a nice kick. He has a nice attacking game but lacks defensive pressure and doesn't tackle. Chances are this is his last season (assuming he got a two year contract after being taken off the rookie list) . He would have to play well in the firsts late into the season to even get a one year contract thrown at him. His injuries really cost his last year, a similar run would not help him.

I also thin Dwyer is underrated. In a few games last season where guys needed to lift, he was one of few who did.

Not sure why he gets such a hiding from supporters, he does his job most weeks when needed. He was never recruited as an A-Grad list addition IMOIMO
Dwyer is a good VFL depth player, and has been a handy stop gap with the injuries we have copped over past two years.

However, at 28 or 29 and being a player with no real pace, defensive nastiness and who gets pushed off the ball far too easily, he should/will not be in the group that will take us back to the top 4.

If he is getting games ahead of Broomhead, Kennedy, PK, Maynard, etc, something is seriously amiss. Ditto Blair.

Is that kid serious with regards to our player depth? Serious question, I really can't tell. The guys with the 40+ numbers are all draftee's from just a few months ago, I'm not sure what he's really expecting there. Sicily is a fantastic forward and I'm sure he'll figure that out for himself in the coming day or so. The fact we've made VFL Grand Finals (and won one) whilst winning AFL ones too is testament to not only our player depth but also our current development.

But anyway, I'm just looking forward to football again, albeit the watered down version. I'm expecting to see Roughead, Mitchell and McEvoy to be the three cut from the squad. With 4 rucks currently named it's obvious one will make way, and no need to risk Mitch or Rough. Really looking forward to getting a look at PK who has finally had a good run at a pre-season. I think your forward line may struggle to get opportunities but who really knows in the NAB Challenge eh?

Good luck guys, if it's going badly just remember what this "challenge" means in the grand scheme.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people massively overrate Dywer because he can hit a few 30 metre passes nicely.

Defensively he is hopeless and he is very weak in contested situations, even 2nd year players just push him off the ball.

Is that kid serious with regards to our player depth? Serious question, I really can't tell. The guys with the 40+ numbers are all draftee's from just a few months ago, I'm not sure what he's really expecting there. Sicily is a fantastic forward and I'm sure he'll figure that out for himself in the coming day or so. The fact we've made VFL Grand Finals (and won one) whilst winning AFL ones too is testament to not only our player depth but also our current development.

But anyway, I'm just looking forward to football again, albeit the watered down version. I'm expecting to see Roughead, Mitchell and McEvoy to be the three cut from the squad. With 4 rucks currently named it's obvious one will make way, and no need to risk Mitch or Rough. Really looking forward to getting a look at PK who has finally had a good run at a pre-season. I think your forward line may struggle to get opportunities but who really knows in the NAB Challenge eh?

Good luck guys, if it's going badly just remember what this "challenge" means in the grand scheme.
Popin. Owned.

Some people massively overrate Dywer because he can hit a few 30 metre passes nicely.

Defensively he is hopeless and he is very weak in contested situations, even 2nd year players just push him off the ball.

The ability to do just that is in high demand on our list ATM! Pendles and Dwyer aside I can't think of many senior players that can do that consistently whilst under pressure.

Keefe won't be playing. Tight hammy.

IT_HAS_BEGUN!!!.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back