NAB CUP: Essendon vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

how can u have prismall in your best midfielders if he hasnt even played for u guys ever mate last year was last year i mean you wanna talk bout the past how bout the fact we flogged u guys after being down by 30 odd points before haltime in the 01 granny
mcviegh did sfa so u have 4 guys missing next u will complain bout the umpiring and so forth i can see it now daveys 50 metere penalty wasnt there blah blah face facts u only just got over the line against a bunch of kids
does that say our under 19s are incredibly awesome or is essendon in for a terribly long year?

how can u have prismall in your best midfielders if he hasnt even played for u guys ever mate last year was last year i mean you wanna talk bout the past how bout the fact we flogged u guys after being down by 30 odd points before haltime in the 01 granny
mcviegh did sfa so u have 4 guys missing next u will complain bout the umpiring and so forth i can see it now daveys 50 metere penalty wasnt there blah blah face facts u only just got over the line against a bunch of kids
does that say our under 19s are incredibly awesome or is essendon in for a terribly long year?
Prismall gets a gig based on his form at geelong, just because he hasn't played a game at essendon we cant discount the form he had with geelong. Also jsut because Mcveigh wasn't prominent in the first half doesn't mean he wont have an impact in the last. your lack of knowledge is astounding.

Clearly your upset about the loss. Both sides played quite poorly compared to what they're capable of. The Lions midfield was no more under-staffed than the Bombers, and ultimately it's a game where the coaches aren't all that concerned with the result, so players' TOG, strategies etc are not focused on a win.

Both teams had their chances and both failed to seal victory, but the clock decided there had to be a winner.

FWIW, I think Essendon are very under-rated, and the lions are in fact quite over-rated. And yes, I realise they're not even rated that highly.

Clearly your upset about the loss. Both sides played quite poorly compared to what they're capable of. The Lions midfield was no more under-staffed than the Bombers, and ultimately it's a game where the coaches aren't all that concerned with the result, so players' TOG, strategies etc are not focused on a win.

Both teams had their chances and both failed to seal victory, but the clock decided there had to be a winner.

FWIW, I think Essendon are very under-rated, and the lions are in fact quite over-rated. And yes, I realise they're not even rated that highly.

topdogs i couldnt care less mate its only nab cup but i just found it amuzing that a few essendon people think they were playing a reasonably under strength side. when in reality it was really only 4 blokes missing. i agree mate the game was terrible except for the last 5mins but even still the skills were quite poor missed targets blah blah topdog i will bet you right now a 100 dollars that brisbane will finish no higher then 9th. brisbane will struggle if they get injuries

Prismall gets a gig based on his form at geelong, just because he hasn't played a game at essendon we cant discount the form he had with geelong. Also jsut because Mcveigh wasn't prominent in the first half doesn't mean he wont have an impact in the last. your lack of knowledge is astounding.

danzan22 you really are an arse clown how can u say prismall gets a gig cos of his form at geelong when he was getting probably the 5th tagger behind your abletts and bartels he will get the number 1 tagger week in week out on.
my lack of knowledge is astounding but your going on hypotheticals
bloody hell

topdogs i couldnt care less mate its only nab cup but i just found it amuzing that a few essendon people think they were playing a reasonably under strength side. when in reality it was really only 4 blokes missing. i agree mate the game was terrible except for the last 5mins but even still the skills were quite poor missed targets blah blah topdog i will bet you right now a 100 dollars that brisbane will finish no higher then 9th. brisbane will struggle if they get injuries

Why would I bet on them doing well when I said I don't rate them highly? Anyway, as others have already mentioned, it's more than just 4 players missing from their side. Their forward line was their only thing at full strength, and even then A) many were re-familiarising themselves with the game after long breaks, B) the team dynamics will take a while to adjust to and C) there was fairly poor delivery and it was often 3/4 defenders on a single tall forward.

We were pretty ordinary. I hate it when we try to defend a lead for half a quarter - we're hopeless at that and often lose. We were very lucky not to lose tonight.

If we kept playing our natural game until maybe 5 minutes from the end, we'd get better results. As it is, we leak goals and then when we get the ball in midfield it does us no good because we have no-one forward.

Grrrr.

danzan22 you really are an arse clown how can u say prismall gets a gig cos of his form at geelong when he was getting probably the 5th tagger behind your abletts and bartels he will get the number 1 tagger week in week out on.
bloody hell

So Prismall got the "5th tagger"

LOL, ok.

bloody hell

I just know you won't be able to get past the comparison, but see if you can try...

Similar to the fact that Chris Judd or Ben Cousins can get automatic selection even though they've never played at their new club before, in the same way Prismall's form at his old club and his pre-season are enough to justify his selection.

No I'm not saying Prismall is Chris Judd, but the principle works the same way.

mate name this so called best midfielders that were missing all i saw that were not playing was lovett murray and houli. meanwhile brisbane had no brown, merritt, black, brennan, johnstone, charman, power otr rischitelli to name just a few cmon mate we both know essendon are in for a long year if the can only beat brisbanes under 19's side by 2 points.:)

Yep, nab cup is a notoriously good guide to a side's chances in the real thing - I mean the last premiers have been St Kilda, Carlton, Geelong, Carlton, St Kilda, Adelaide...haven't they?? We didn't play well. You didn't play well. We won. Can argue all year who had more players out who meant what, ultimately the nab cup is a poor guide to what a team will do in the premiership season. For what it's worth I think we deserved to win...mainly because we are so obviously better than you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bloody hell
LOL theres what..max 2 taggers on the ground at one time and theres no chance that prismall will get them ahead of mcveigh, stanton, welsh or watson. You've turned prismal from a shit player to the new judd.

Brisbane were effing disgraceful in that first half. That was the most negative football I've seen played in who knows how long. Really brought us down to that level and apart from some good defensive pressure to win the ball back, we couldn't really cope with it.

I can't imagine the carnage if they tried to pull that off against a team like Geelong. Brisbane are in for a long year if this is Voss' direction.

Sigh...I effing hate that zone bullshit.

/End rant.

Brisbane were effing disgraceful in that first half. That was the most negative football I've seen played in who knows how long. Really brought us down to that level and apart from some good defensive pressure to win the ball back, we couldn't really cope with it.

I can't imagine the carnage if they tried to pull that off against a team like Geelong. Brisbane are in for a long year if this is Voss' direction.

Sigh...I effing hate that zone bullshit.

/End rant.

Considering the cattle Voss did not play tonight, this will be nothing like how the side will look or play round 1.

That's very true, I can't stand sweeping judgments being made off a couple of NAB Cup games

Yeah I agree with that.

Essendon had a clearly better side on paper then Brisbane tonight, but will it play like that come round 1? Most probably not. You can't take any form lines or assumptions. Say it was a close game and move on.

how can u have prismall in your best midfielders if he hasnt even played for u guys ever mate

Was Judd in Carlton's best midfielders at the start of last season?

Considering the cattle Voss did not play tonight, this will be nothing like how the side will look or play round 1.

While not denying that you were very understrength, I hope that your gameplan is very different come round 1.

I always liked watching Brisbane under Matthews because you were guaranteed a good game. I just hope it stays that way.

horrible game of 'football'

best forgotten asap

& btw i had my beer goggles on for most of the match & saw neagle start off beautifully & then ZIP, nothin, was he benched or what??

horrible game of 'football'

best forgotten asap

& btw i had my beer goggles on for most of the match & saw neagle start off beautifully & then ZIP, nothin, was he benched or what??

The back half was flooded, the delivery and movement was poor and he had 3-4 to beat, not a good night to evaluate Neagle and Gumby

McPhee makes too many bad decisions to play in the back line and Nash still worries me a lot. Dyson put his body on the line once, but that is about it. Bellchambers was impressive in the ruck. Laycock will be starting to feel the pinch.

The back half was flooded, the delivery and movement was poor and he had 3-4 to beat, not a good night to evaluate Neagle and Gumby

fair enough, i couldnt spot him for most of the game & feared he was off injured

hopefully the collingwood affair will be a bit more entertaining

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB CUP: Essendon vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back