NAB CUP GRAND FINAL: Dogs v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone going to stroll up to the game and by the tickets there? I bought tickets online for the game last year, but realised people lining up for tickets at the ground. I don't care if I get general admission tickets. No need to pay the extra fee by booking tickets online.

How did Mulligan go? I watched the game but had a few beers and the sound wasn't on so didn't notice him much.

Was pretty poor, hardly touched it and when he did was a howling mistake, I know it's early but I can't see him cutting it as an AFL defender. (I found it strange he was promoted from a rookie to list given his previous output, came across as a bit desperate since we are low on key defender stocks)

Here are some of the match ups i reckon could happpen:

Mids:
Cooney - Jones - Jones normally gets the job, although could see him play on Boyd or even Griffen.
Griffen - Goddard
Boyd and Cross - Dal and Montagna - these two to run them around all night.

Picken would be certain to take one of Dal Santo or Montagna in a tagging role, probably Montagna.

Backs:
Lake - Reiwoldt - I normally like to see Williams play on him for the experience but i just think Eade is going to bit abit more conservative with Williams now and not rush him.
Williams - Koschitzke - Good challenge for Williams.
Morris - Milne - Milne likes to stay close to goal which suits Morris more than playing on Schnieder.
Harbrow - Schnieder - Really hope Harbrow can regain some form.

I would really like to see Williams get a crack on Roo to start with. Lake can play on Kosi, and roll off him if need be.

I think Schnieder is a bit too strong through the core for Harbrow, and his strength could expose him, so wouldn't like to see that match up eventuate.

I would really like to see Williams get a crack on Roo to start with. Lake can play on Kosi, and roll off him if need be.

I think Schnieder is a bit too strong through the core for Harbrow, and his strength could expose him, so wouldn't like to see that match up eventuate.

Yeah i would like to see Williams play on Reiwodlt aswell. I wont be disappointed if it happens. I just got a feeling Eade might go the other way. We'll have to wait and see.

And yeah i wasnt very confident when i put down Harbrow on Schnieder. Maybe Hargrave for Schnieder. I really want to see Harbrow regain some form though.

will higgins play or will he be allow to go to his sisters wedding he is a very family oriented person.

Nick Stevens missed out on being his brother's best man to play in the NAB grand final. It's serious business!

And yeah i wasnt very confident when i put down Harbrow on Schnieder. Maybe Hargrave for Schnieder. I really want to see Harbrow regain some form though.

I think you're being harsh on Harby. He was very good against Brisbane, and was influential in the half he played against Hawthorn.

He made some bad decisions against Port, but he's certainly not out of form.

More likley at Queenscliff, its the wedding capital of victoria, I seen 3 last saturday, may need a jet boat from the pier to docklands, pity the whalers sank than green peace boat, would have been handy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What didn't look right about him? No excuses for him I'm afraid. he simply played poorly and turned the ball over on several occasions. Young Hitchcock actually showed him up on more than one occasion.

Timely wake-up call for Harbrow. As big a fan I am of him, it's not a bad thing for him to realise it won't all fall in his lap. Fortunately he's a hard worker and I expect him to be back in form very quickly. I guess we need to expect some mistakes from a bloke he never ceases to take the game on.

This is the second week in a row that we have these bizarre aspersions cast at Harbrow. Harbrow had one howler from a point kick in. Otherwise his defence efforts have been outstanding and he continues to provide the running options we have become used to.

The fellow some are suggesting might replace him, Addison, is valiant and courageous but he breeds howlers. Opposition teams are instructed not to man him up, hoping we gain possession. If you were at the game against port and paid attention, you would know I am not joking. Under any sort of pressure his kicking and decision making is woeful.

There must be some sarcasm I have missed.

When do the sides come out? The sides for the challenge games are out but not for our game.

So far it looks like Hudson and Gia back in for Mulligan and Roughead with a question mark still on Higgins.

Just watched highlights of last year's PF (again) and I don't care if it's only the NAB Cup, I want us to beat the Saints senseless on Saturday night.

wedding at 2 pm in geelong reception in melb, he got told if we play freo he can have it off but he will have to play against the saints

Just watched highlights of last year's PF (again) and I don't care if it's only the NAB Cup, I want us to beat the Saints senseless on Saturday night.

Same. Cheats. :mad: One of my most disliked teams. But if we don't win this time, we will next time.

If he wants, shouldn't Higgins be allowed to go to his sister's wedding? Surely a NAB Cup match isn't that important.

Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade keeps poker face ahead of NAB Cup final -Herald-Sun. March 11th -by Mark Robinson

"..The Bulldogs go into the game without skipper Brad Johnson who has tightness in his achilles tendon, which is slightly concerning considering he has rested the injury for a month. He won't play for another month, at the least..."

"..the Dogs want to win. But they also need to win. Their developing rivalry with St Kilda is weighted heavily in the Saints' favour..."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...of-nab-cup-final/story-e6frf9ix-1225839322703

-Should be a closely fought out, tough game! It will also be a great opportunity for some of our players to lay claim to a position in the first game of the season proper.

P.S: The boys will need to be switched on for 4 quarters to take the prize....

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB CUP GRAND FINAL: Dogs v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back