NAB Cup Round 1 - Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

This is becoming a joke. So many excuses. We lost because the Dogs were better. The interchange rule, whilst a harsh penalty for the crime has been in for a year now and should be understood by all AFL players. We were simply smashed in the 3rd qtr and lucky to only lose by 8 points given the dogs kicking. Thought we showed some good sings today but can't take a heap out of that swim in the park.

The overall result was not ideal, but the big positive for me was Tom Rockliff, he looks a very likely type and one that could potentially demand to be a starting 22 player. Buchanan was impressive early and will definitely help our on-ball brigade if he performs at that level.

A pity we won't get to see them on TV in dry weather until round 1. Wonder when the Southport game will be...

3.30pm, Friday 5th March.

Yep that's right, Friday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am at something of a disadvantage, having not seen the game or heard the call, but I am keen to get in early and start bagging number 4 for the Brisbane Lions. Based on the last photo I saw of him and an intuitive feel that he must have performed poorly today, I think he should be dropped from the senior side for all remaining practice games and forced to make his way back into the seniors via the barbers.

Surely Bowers couldn't have stooped so low as to demand that Voss give number 4 a game just because he is doing his level best to look like the paddlepop lion on our pathetic new jumpers.

Go Lions ... but the new jumpers are an embarrassment!

www.fitzroyfc.com.au/2010-FFC-Member-Form.pdf

Vossy's press conference video is now on the Lions website.

Seems pretty happy. :thumbsu:

That's because we don't have to travel. I got an email as I'm a Griffith student (as I do Sport Management and they want volunteers) and we will play on Friday 12 March at Southport too.

That's because we don't have to travel. I got an email as I'm a Griffith student (as I do Sport Management and they want volunteers) and we will play on Friday 12 March at Southport too.

So we play at Southport 2 weeks in a row?

Fevola, B 5 60 5 0 1 0 0 3 3

Fevola....5 Touches at 60% efficiency, 1 goal that was handed to him, no handballs, 3 uncontested marks.....

hmmm....

Welcome to the Fev show, boys and girls.....

All in all, I hope he does well. But you will find that he is so hot and cold that it is not funny at times, and can be the most pleasurable and most frustrating player to support!

Fevola....5 Touches at 60% efficiency, 1 goal that was handed to him, no handballs, 3 uncontested marks.....

hmmm....

All in all, I hope he does well. But you will find that he is so hot and cold that it is not funny at times, and can be the most pleasurable and most frustrating player to support!

You already posted it buddy.

Enjoy not having a forward line. :thumbsu:

Only got to see the last half of the game, but am happy to come out of it with a respectable margin and no injuries (esp after seeing what happened in last nights Hawks v Tigers game).

The conditions were disgusting and the new rules worse.

It was just good to see footy again!

hmmm....

Interesting that you come in with stats, because it makes it completely obvious you didn't watch the game. Was nothing frustraing about Fev today.

Fev was really good in ridiculous swampy conditions and limited opportunity. Would have had another goal courtesy of a great holding the ball tackle but the umpire played advantage and Sherman finished off.

His body language was great and he rallied the young blokes like a leader. The commentators were clearly impressed.

So to summarise... if you want to come in here and act like the all-knowing voice of experience... watch the game first. Coming in here without the facts makes it pretty clear what your intent was...

Welcome to the trolling flog show boys and girls.

hmmm....

I am assuming you didn't watch the game. Idiot.

Clearly number 4 has been a corrupting influence on James Hawksley, judging by the official Brisbane Lions player photos. Looking like the horrible logo that pollutes our jumpers should not be a shortcut to senior selection!

Where will it end? Next thing you know number 3 will be growing his hair long and start sporting a silly beard.

I feel it is going to be a troubling season.

Go Lions ... but the new guernseys are an embarrassment!

www.fitzroyfc.com.au/2010-FFC-Member-Form.pdf

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB Cup Round 1 - Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back