Traded Nakia Cockatoo [traded to Brisbane for 2021 R3 (Melb)]

Remove this Banner Ad

You seem like a fan tell more about him there really isn’t any highlights I can find obviously he’s a small forward but surely Coleman Link and Cameron are in front of him in the best 22

Midfielder, strong, explosive pace. Junior form was a big upgrade on what Starcevich promises to deliver for us.

You seem like a fan tell more about him there really isn’t any highlights I can find obviously he’s a small forward but surely Coleman Link and Cameron are in front of him in the best 22
If you get his body right he will sit just below Cameron far better then linc and coleman

He isn't a small forward, he's a mid. You already wasted one of our inside midfielders playing him as a forward pocket.

His potential once was to be a Dangerfield type player; was an incredible athlete. What he is now, unsure.

Geelong want more than 53 from Brisbane. Brisbane want 53 for Academy player Coleman.
So i assume Lions offered 70 which is all he is worth on exposed form
Brisbane picks at present: 18-19-53-70

Lions will offer more than the 1 year deal that Geelong rightly offered an injury plagued player
All the risk is with the Lions paying salary over multiple years. Geelong trying to get Cameron should be eager to shed some salary cap.
Some trades already processed this year with players having far less risk than Cockatoo. Exception maybe Hogan but even he plays each year
Atkins: for 36
Isac Smith: for 42 - This is what Geelong gave up for a good fit player
Zac-Langdon: 54
Markov: Future 3rd so 44-60
Hogan: 54
Hartigan: Future 4th so 60+
Peter Wright: Future 4th so 60+

Should Cockatoo get to the Lions and plays in the seniors round one that will be 3 years between AFL games

Agree. I think the main issue is we wont use 53..we would like a future 3rd if we can.

Agree. I think the main issue is we wont use 53..we would like a future 3rd if we can.
I suppose that could happen so 41-60 next year if Lions finish top 4 again it is around 55ish

Problem this year is clubs are still in the dark on list sizes and cap.
Some just don't need picks they have or can't swap to something more suitable
Clubs need to realize next year may be something similar. Except they will have more notice to plan.
Hopefully quite a few trades will happen tomorrow (we can only hope) and things adjust enough for Clubs to get closer to their goal
It only takes a couple of trades to go through early tomorrow for more dominos to fall into place

I suppose that could happen so 41-60 next year if Lions finish top 4 again it is around 55ish

Problem this year is clubs are still in the dark on list sizes and cap.
Some just don't need picks they have or can't swap to something more suitable
Clubs need to realize next year may be something similar. Except they will have more notice to plan.
Hopefully quite a few trades will happen tomorrow (we can only hope) and things adjust enough for Clubs to get closer to their goal
It only takes a couple of trades to go through early tomorrow for more dominos to fall into place

Agree.

We currently have Melbourne's 2021 third rounder which should be around 45-50.

Would be fair.
I'd take that

I think the refusing 53 thing is because it really only has value for academy bids and we don't have any.

If it was 53 take it or he goes to the draft then there's really effectively no difference in those outcomes for the cats I think.

There's plenty to work with and he'll end up at the Lions. Yet another cat putting on a mane. Surely it's our turn to get some Brisbane players soon?

I'd take that

I think the refusing 53 thing is because it really only has value for academy bids and we don't have any.

If it was 53 take it or he goes to the draft then there's really effectively no difference in those outcomes for the cats I think.

There's plenty to work with and he'll end up at the Lions. Yet another cat putting on a mane. Surely it's our turn to get some Brisbane players soon?

Witho and Cox are available!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's going to be bittersweet to see Cocky up and about in opposition colours. You never like seeing your players line up for someone else, but on the other hand I'll be genuinely over the moon if he gets a crack at an AFL career.

Pick 40-50 is about right imo.

If Brissy have a pick in the 60's that's plenty.
Not necessary to worry what Geelong "want" coz Brissy are saving him from the axe. Geelong certainly dont want him.

Doing a borderline best 22 (when fit) a huge favour by offering a lifeline. His AFL career was over.

Hasnt shown much as a mid OR small fwd even when fit. He can consider himself blessed.

Not necessary to worry what Geelong "want" coz Brissy are saving him from the axe. Geelong certainly dont want him.

Doing a borderline best 22 (when fit) a huge favour by offering a lifeline. His AFL career was over.

Hasnt shown much as a mid OR small fwd even when fit. He can consider himself blessed.
That's fine he can go through the draft. If he ends up at Brisbane great for him. Pick 60 is zero so the cats lose nothing if he goes to the draft

That's fine he can go through the draft. If he ends up at Brisbane great for him. Pick 60 is zero so the cats lose nothing if he goes to the draft

This is the point that he missed.

Similar to us trading out Stef yesterday it was extremely minor but may help us with points to bid on academy players.

We wouldn't expect Geelong to trade him for nothing. Probably just trying to find the trade which costs us the least while still being of use to Geelong.

Agree that pick in the 60s is probably fine (though disappointing given his potential). However, Geelong have definitely offered him a 1-year-deal and have expressed a desire for him to stay. Would not be getting the axe if a deal isn't worked out.

This is the point that he missed.

Similar to us trading out Stef yesterday it was extremely minor but may help us with points to bid on academy players.

We wouldn't expect Geelong to trade him for nothing. Probably just trying to find the trade which costs us the least while still being of use to Geelong.

Tricky one because we don't really need the pick, and since we are in similar places on the ladder future picks are not really worth swapping - which would have been a logical move if ladder positions were different.

Tricky one because we don't really need the pick, and since we are in similar places on the ladder future picks are not really worth swapping - which would have been a logical move if ladder positions were different.

This is where us having Melbournes 2021 third rounder might come into play as I suggested earlier.

Agree that pick in the 60s is probably fine (though disappointing given his potential). However, Geelong have definitely offered him a 1-year-deal and have expressed a desire for him to stay. Would not be getting the axe if a deal isn't worked out.
Check on that 1yr deal. Might be wrong but havent seen Geelong have offered anything at all. Either way a 1yr extension isnt helping him much other than with medicals...token effort and he'll know it.
Naturally you'd prefer him to stay, but a club has offered him a 3yr deal despite the injuries, despite underperforming, and despite him being on the verge of it being game over for him. Thats a risk to take and Geelong fans should be damn happy for him.
Be it a pick in the 50's or 70's wouldnt worry most clubs in the slightest. Afterall Brissy are taking a fair bit of a risk. Thrown a lifeline.

He's hopefully won a battle to save his career. Plennnnnnnty dont make it each year.

:thumbsu:
Good onya Trumpy. You're so hardball.
Try not to embarass Geelong fans....or at least check with the others before typing utter shyt.
I'm not saying a deal won't get done, just that pick 53 (which the cats rejected) is an identical outcome for the cats a sending him to the draft. So you can go draft, and I really don't mind that much if they do, or send something we can actually use even if it's token.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Nakia Cockatoo [traded to Brisbane for 2021 R3 (Melb)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back