Name the KPF/KPD you'd like us to get with our first pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes and no. I would be happy we took him and disappointed that we use him as a mid. Just as I was disappointed that Pav was a 192 mid for a season or two there. Not that he didn't do a good job just that we all knew he was better as a forward.

Marsh was a midfielder until Hogan was pulled out of the pool of available talls for WA-U18s.

Yes and no. I would be happy we took him and disappointed that we use him as a mid. Just as I was disappointed that Pav was a 192 mid for a season or two there. Not that he didn't do a good job just that we all knew he was better as a forward.

And he would have run himself into the ground. After that brain fade of Harvey, Ross needed to get him on the park and his body just isn't the same as before.

He also wants to play midfield
He also said he was willing to play wherever to get a game. If he comes to us there is a loooong line of mids and if he wants a game its the forward line. Happy in a few years time when we have got a bigger KPF for him to start rotating through the midfield.

But once again I am back to comparisons with Pav. Wasn't he touted as a tall mid before we took him and we took Hasleby first because he was a more conventional mid.

But once again I am back to comparisons with Pav. Wasn't he touted as a tall mid before we took him and we took Hasleby first because he was a more conventional mid.

Don't think so. I remember him being talked about as a key forward pre-draft.

http://www.elitesports.com.au/talent-items/matthew-pavlich/

While still underage, Pavlich represented the SANFL and was an imposing centre half forward for Woodville-West Torrens.

My memory is we took Hase first because we knew Richmond were keen on midfielders and that there was more chance of Pav lasting to our second pick than Hase.

He also said he was willing to play wherever to get a game. If he comes to us there is a loooong line of mids and if he wants a game its the forward line. Happy in a few years time when we have got a bigger KPF for him to start rotating through the midfield.

Agree with the first bit although he would need to work on his goal kicking, but I'm pretty sure Pav was always a key forward.

I like Marsh over McCarthy as I think he's a bit more versatile - IIRC Marsh ran a 2.78 30-meter sprint during the combine (the record is 2.75) - whether he's in the midfield, at CHF or FF, he'll out-lead whomever he's on in any position. McCarthy is a great talent and I'd be happy to have him - but I don't see the versatility in him that I see in Marsh. But to be fair they're very different players with different styles so it's not a straight comparison, nor is it an either/or proposition. I'd be happy with either, I'd just prefer Marsh by a whisker.

One Kid I wouldn't mind us picking up is Aliir Aliir - he's not a high draft pick IMO... but he's very much in the Johnson mould - seems VERY mobile for a big man, good leap, acceptable kicking action and should learn to read the play and the flight of the ball better with time. Picture him with some of the polish additional quality skills coaching and experience would bring, and he could be a very dangerous, very tall utility. Players like that are a bugger for other teams to match-up because you never know where they'll be played.

Anyone seen him play for EF? Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

If Aliir Aliir is around in the rookie draft i would be more than happy to take the punt on him.. has all the athletic tools for a 192-195cm player (notsure exact height) , quick off the mark, good leap, great recovery on the ground, just have to teach him the game of football.

If Aliir Aliir is around in the rookie draft i would be more than happy to take the punt on him.. has all the athletic tools for a 192-195cm player (notsure exact height) , quick off the mark, good leap, great recovery on the ground, just have to teach him the game of football.

Don't even need to worry about that. NicNat has never learnt to play and he's an AA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Work with a family friend of the McCarthys and she said today as far as she knows he has spoken to us, Carlton, Essendon, GWS and I think she may have said Port as well.

I wonder why GWS are interested? How many KPF do they need?

Then again, the 192cm 18 year old full back David Mundy ended up alright in the midfield

Work with a family friend of the McCarthys and she said today as far as she knows he has spoken to us, Carlton, Essendon, GWS and I think she may have said Port as well.

Yeh If McCarthy is available at our pick you would take him but GWS have THREE picks before our first again FFS. Cannot see him coming to us will go to Carltank or GWS. Apeness sounds a reasonbale prospect to me been in the shadow of Boyd playing in the same team and although played as a ruck because of Boyd is very good up forward, strong grab and true KPP height unlike some of the others like Marsh et.al.

Yeh If McCarthy is available at our pick you would take him but GWS have THREE picks before our first again FFS. Cannot see him coming to us will go to Carltank or GWS. Apeness sounds a reasonbale prospect to me been in the shadow of Boyd playing in the same team and although played as a ruck because of Boyd is very good up forward, strong grab and true KPP height unlike some of the others like Marsh et.al.
I don't know that much about the draftees coming through, who do you think is a better forward, Apeness or Harvey? I can see Harvey going to either Port or Adelaide, as they're both seeking a forward and hes a local boy.

Why would GWS take McCarthy? They've got Cameron, Patton and will most likely draft Boyd. That makes no sense. They also would be more likely to draft a defender, which you would think would be Gardiner.

Why would GWS take McCarthy? They've got Cameron, Patton and will most likely draft Boyd. That makes no sense. They also would be more likely to draft a defender, which you would think would be Gardiner.

Cameron was making noises about playing back while the Franklin speculation was thundering along, in Boyd and McCarthy they get the two best key forwards of the draft. Boyd has the body size to play, McCarthy not so much. So they can play Boyd and (fitness pending) Patton until McCarthy fills out. Cameron fills the dire need down back and float forward like Taylor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Name the KPF/KPD you'd like us to get with our first pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back