Game Day Narrm v Walyalup. Round 11, MCG 12:10 (Real proper time....)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice the Melbourne player just walk the ball over the line like NOD last week and not get done for deliberate?
I more notice the amount of times on the side of congestion they grab the ball in a little bit of space and immediately turn into a traffic to be tackled to avoid bombing long and it not being called holding the ball

Too often Hughes is the middle of the pivot across the backline - it needs to be Clark or Young to be more aggressive and take a look thru the guts, Hughes is too conservative for that role.

If we can be close in the second part of the last qtr it may open up and bring our smaller forwards into it.

Fyfe a shadow of himself, dropping sitters.

I more notice the amount of times on the side of congestion they grab the ball in a little bit of space and immediately turn into a traffic to be tackled to avoid bombing long and it not being called holding the ball
Freo gets umpire calls that never happen again , it's just a dockets thing

People calling for Fyfe to be put in the middle clearly do not know how JLo’s game plan works. Fyfe cant/won’t defend on transition. We would be one man short if we don’t have the ball and it would cost us goals.

JLo won’t have any of our other mids cover for Fyfe defensively, JLo isn’t Ross Lyon. You lose the ball, you go get the ball no matter who you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too often Hughes is the middle of the pivot across the backline - it needs to be Clark or Young to be more aggressive and take a look thru the guts, Hughes is too conservative for that role.

If we can be close in the second part of the last qtr it may open up and bring our smaller forwards into it.

Hughes been decent though..see Ryan back to his bombing again

Seriously. Even last week, home game for us, they're talking to ******* Tom Hawkins at half time even though we were clearly the better team.
We are the Denver Nuggets of the AFL… no matter how good we are or get, we’ll be ignored by the AFL media and pundits..

People calling for Fyfe to be put in the middle clearly do not know how JLo’s game plan works. Fyfe cant/won’t defend on transition. We would be one man short if we don’t have the ball and it would cost us goals.

JLo won’t have any of our other mids cover for Fyfe defensively, JLo isn’t Ross Lyon. You lose the ball, you go get the ball no matter who you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which is fair enough.
Midfielders these days have to do both.
Petracca does it, so does Viney and Angus Brayshaw

We have a lot of players below par today, get a lift out of Switta, Freddy and Schultz we are right in this. Have to tidy up those forward entries too. Jackson has a massive half ahead of him also.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good tough game. Feel like we are on top at stoppage - see if that can hold with Darcy down. Great opportunity for Treacy as second ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sucks that Darcy is out when we are having big problems moving the ball because we can't take a mark but at least maybe having Treacy higher up the ground, in the ruck, it might mean he can take a mark there instead.

Burned so many opportunities moving forward. Hopefully that can click a bit better before Melbourne figure out their own movement.

With a bye next week we need to try outworking the Demons and that might be what's happening now, trying to smother the ball movement with congestion both ways.

Hughes been decent though..see Ryan back to his bombing again
He hasn’t played poorly, he’s just not the best option to play that quarter back role.

To be fair to Ryan, there is practically no movement past half back, so at least he is taking territory.

If he were ignoring good options that would be different, but he isn’t.

Most probably be happy at start of game to be where we are now. They moving the ball but few poor disposals costly

He hasn’t played poorly, he’s just not the best option to play that quarter back role.

To be fair to Ryan, there is practically no movement past half back, so at least he is taking territory.

If he were ignoring good options that would be different, but he isn’t.
Both teams aren’t getting run off half back. Defensive forwards are playing more to limit the ball movement out of the 50 then competing for marks

Also commentators harping on about Melbourne missing Oliver which is fair enough but have not mentioned Walters importance to us once.

We have a lot of players below par today, get a lift out of Switta, Freddy and Schultz we are right in this. Have to tidy up those forward entries too. Jackson has a massive half ahead of him also.

Agree but unfortunately they’re also not getting a lot of opportunity our big guys struggle to bring the ball to ground

I noticed that too and it worried me at first - but Melbourne have been pushing back so much when we have the ball it's been a pretty safe position for Hughes to kick from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back