Nat Fyfe - rising star chances?

Remove this Banner Ad

WAnchor

All Australian
Aug 15, 2009
Never There
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fyfe has been an absolute jet this year. Loved his game yesterday.

Wondering how high people reckon he'll finish in this year's Rising Star award?

He'd have to be in the top three, in my opinion.

Will be top 4.

Rockliff, Trengove and Scully have all done very well. Hanneberry also.

Rockliff has been the bolter. His last 2 months have been awesome - averaging over 25 poss and nearly Brisbane's best midfielder.

Dustin Martin has been impressive as well, I know Scully/Trengove are good but still can't believe Melbourne didn't even bother intervewing him..

Neck tattoos do not quite fit in for the Chardonnay set in the old MCG. Besides, he does not use his perfect polished skills the way that Scully and Trengrove do, he uses force. Not the Melbourne way! LOL.

I think that he would have won the award but I overheard a commentator mentioning something about being suspended which makes him ineligible.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Neck tattoos do not quite fit in for the Chardonnay set in the old MCG. Besides, he does not use his perfect polished skills the way that Scully and Trengrove do, he uses force. Not the Melbourne way! LOL.

I think that he would have won the award but I overheard a commentator mentioning something about being suspended which makes him ineligible.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Well, he wasn't suspended, but was given over 100 points from the MRP, and he chose to take the early plea, which reduced it by 25% which saved him from missing a week, but makes him ineligible to win the award.

It will be great to see if Fyfe can polish off his impressive start to his career with a finish above Nata-who-i and Hurley, for all their over-hype. (I know they probably will both turn out alright, but fair crack of the old whip, slow down the hype!)

If he had a greater goal average, I am sure he would get noticed a lot more in the rising star. Probably finish about 6th IMO.

He was sensational yesterday, wouldn't mind him at Carlton. Reminds me a bit of Jarrad Waite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will be top 5 or so which is fantastic for a #20 pick, wasn't supposed to be ready for afl, and with picks from prior years eligible also (Hurley, Nat etc). Also didn't play first 5 or so rounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nat Fyfe - rising star chances?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back