Nathan Brown Rumour?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ghost of Punt Road said:
I heard a rumour Frawley had suffered nerve damage and has not been able to feel his brain for some years.

There are fears he may not be able to think again.

perfect credentials to be involved in the International Rules.

peejay said:
Broken bone in leg = no correlation to feeling in toes.

Next rumour please.

How do the nerves connect from the torso to the toes - remote control?

peejay said:
Broken bone in leg = no correlation to feeling in toes.

Next rumour please.

there was actually something on this in the paper about a month ago, saying he has no feeling in some of his toes, but i cant see how that will stop him playing AFL.

Medically if the break impacts on the nerves there can be a problem with numbness. Often occurs with players who break a jaw, given the sensativity of the facial area.

dipper86 said:
there was actually something on this in the paper about a month ago, saying he has no feeling in some of his toes, but i cant see how that will stop him playing AFL.

i read this the paper as well. he himself was saying he didn't have full feeling in his toes

....i broke both bones in my lower legs just like Brown about 15 years ago now and i still have numbness around the area about the size of a saucer. If it gets knocked/kicked its incredible pain. So YES he could have nerve damage, but you would think that with him being an elite athlete, they would have fixed any nerve damage or will do so if thats the case..

As a medical student about to be examined on this stuff. I can assure you that all myotomes and dermatones communicate to the spinal cord through the legs (not rocket science). It follows that they all must pass near the fibula and/or tibia. Brown's broken leg and related soft tissue damage therefore, could easily result in a whole array of losses of sensory modalities.

Common sense really.

bikini babe said:
As a medical student about to be examined on this stuff. I can assure you that all myotomes and dermatones communicate to the spinal cord through the legs (not rocket science). It follows that they all must pass near the fibula and/or tibia. Brown's broken leg and related soft tissue damage therefore, could easily result in a whole array of losses of sensory modalities.

Common sense really.

Thankyou Dr Larkham.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daisy..1 said:
....i broke both bones in my lower legs just like Brown about 15 years ago now and i still have numbness around the area about the size of a saucer. If it gets knocked/kicked its incredible pain. So YES he could have nerve damage, but you would think that with him being an elite athlete, they would have fixed any nerve damage or will do so if thats the case..

brown's calf muscle was severed from the bone, so I imagine nerves would likely be severed in this process.

I hope Browny makes it back, even if he's half the player he was, he'd still be damn good

Loss of feeling in a small area isnt so bad but if he has loss of muscle power (foot drop) that will be a big problem esp with running and kicking

he told joel bowden on the locker room on SEN a couple of weeks ago the only toe he didnt have feeling in was his bigtoe.
I broke my arm and i cant move my thumb now and its been 3 years

Broke my leg 6 years ago and I am still numb on the inside of my ankle where they inserted a screw. That area is also very 'veiny' but it has zero affect on my ability to kick *Collingwood supporters.. Actually it's even better because I can kick em as hard as I wish and I still dont feel a thing ;)

* Anything past here may not actually be true.

celtic_pride said:
If he stayed at the Dogs, he would still be on a waiting list at a public hospital for his operation .... :D

Clearly you missed the point...

My guess is, if he'd stayed at the Bulldogs he most likely, potentially, almost certainly really, would not have broken his anything playing for Richmond.

Celtic pride= Brain Surgeon

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Brown Rumour?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back