Nathan Buckley says no to North Melbourne - Mike Sheahan (Breaking News)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't want Hardwick. I hate that little overrated terd.

Hinkley, Longmire and Viney as a smoky would be nice from my superficial knowledge.

Get Longmire.I hope he gets the Job.I like the way he has learned under Roos and he could be ripe for the job.If we dont get Longmire Hardwick,Vineyor if we want to be a bit cocky go for Jade Rawlings.

I really don't want Hardwick. I hate that little overrated terd.

Hinkley, Longmire and Viney as a smoky would be nice from my superficial knowledge.

I am with you on that. Couldn't stomach him at North.
Longmire please.

How funny is this thread, starting about Bucks and ending in cheap pot shots at the Tiges. Yep, fair call we haven’t had success since `82, but doesn’t it strike you a bit strange with our lack of success, the overwhelming majority in the football world rated Richmond a better club for Bucks than North? Apart from Bucks himself, we have had Mathews, Hird, Lynch, serial Richmond haters in Walls and Shaw, Journos , Nial, Robbo, Sheehan, North’s buddy Smith and they are just of the top of my head, back Richmond as the better option. The only 2 againsed were Barret and Wilson. Just face facts; Richmond is a far more appealing club in every way. Bucks has made his first correct decision. You really have egg on your face with the silly "get Bucks" policy. Very amateurish from JB and Arocca.

Garry March has done nothing wrong. But to be honest he sounded a bit unconvincing to me on the Couch. This is merely an opinion. He sounds very much as a business person who doesn't know much about footy. That's just my take on it. I think he'd be relying heavily on his support staff to make an appointment.
He said himself in that very interview that he will come into the coaching appointment at the pointy end of the process. He will be letting the people who can ask the right questions to do exactly that and sound out the best prospects.
As far as our plan B talk - again, what is the process? Get the list of names together and arrange interviews? FFS. We can come up with the list at the board meeting on Wed. Nobody is talking about rushing the appointment, but the interviews can be arranged within a few hours. It's not like we don't know what the names are.

What exactly has Richmond done so far in their process? How many people have you actually interviewed?
Pretty sure Richmond have had at least Preliminary interviews with every candidate. It's not like we've sat on our hands and just got the list ready since TW was sacked and are only going to start everything now.:rolleyes:

And I highly doubt that all prospective coaches will just suddenly drop everything from their current job and calendar to apply. Most if not all prospective coaches have their current coaching role and will still have commitments. Won't just be as easy as getting a list and interviews set up within a week. The only person who can truly be assured of being an applicant right now is Longmire considering he declined the Richmond job obviously in hope that Bucks would say no to the Kangas all along.

Poor work by the Kangas if nobody has been getting around and talking to everyone possible and at least having a Plan B for when (Obviously an if at that stage) Bucks said no. Which according to your own President has not actually been done.

He said himself in that very interview that he will come into the coaching appointment at the pointy end of the process. He will be letting the people who can ask the right questions to do exactly that and sound out the best prospects.Pretty sure Richmond have had at least Preliminary interviews with every candidate. It's not like we've sat on our hands and just got the list ready since TW was sacked and are only going to start everything now.:rolleyes:

And I highly doubt that all prospective coaches will just suddenly drop everything from their current job and calendar to apply. Most if not all prospective coaches have their current coaching role and will still have commitments. Won't just be as easy as getting a list and interviews set up within a week.

Poor work by the Kangas if nobody has been getting around and talking to everyone possible and at least having a Plan B for when (Obviously an if at that stage) Bucks said no.

Its not as if you hold any contractual rights to any prospective coaches because you short listed them 3 weeks earlier :eek:.

Get a grip, you're not running them through sub-atomic equation, you're getting objective views from administrators that have made many mistakes before.

All the best for you getting you're next senior coach, but thinking you have some kind of "jump" on us is rediculous.

If one thing is for sure, NM will have appointed its coach before Richmond.

Brayshaw is on record as saying he wants to get somone in the position as soon as possible, so he can prepare for the draft, and pre-season 2010.

On your last point. We're no longer dealing with Nathan Buckley, senior coaching jobs are only offered up rarely, ask Choco Royal, Mark Harvey etc etc

It may be Hardwick, Longmire, Hinkley etc etc only chance at the role, if the club asks them in for an interview, they arn't going to decline it :eek:

How funny is this thread, starting about Bucks and ending in cheap pot shots at the Tiges.

Any "cheap shots" would have come about from Richmond supporters poking their noses into our business with smartass remarks. And they were duly reminded what Richmond stands for over the last 30 years.

It's not as if most North people care about Richmond enough at this stage to bother, unless provoked.

The only person who can truly be assured of being an applicant right now is Longmire considering he declined the Richmond job obviously in hope that Bucks would say no to the Kangas all along.

What ever makes you sleep at night ;)

All the best for you getting you're next senior coach, but thinking you have some kind of "jump" on us is rediculous.

Buckley has rejected you, but is still to have his 2nd interview with Richmond. If he has ruled you out, then how many of the others will be looking at you as the "2nd" prefered club. You might sign a coach first, but you wont get the best, you will get the most desperate.

Buckley has rejected you, but is still to have his 2nd interview with Richmond. If he has ruled you out, then how many of the others will be looking at you as the "2nd" prefered club. You might sign a coach first, but you wont get the best, you will get the most desperate.

Hilarious.

Im sure all aspiring assistant coaches, whom, funnily enough are all "desperate" for a chance at a senior coaching role would be disgusted to come to NM, because of Buckley's rejection. :D

The only reason he told the club tonight, was because our club put a deadline on his decision, don't take it as some sort of symbolic win for Richmond, thats boardering on pathetic.

We wont be throwing contracts at box car bob.

As the saying goes, first in, best dressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not as if you hold any contractual rights to any prospective coaches because you short listed them 3 weeks earlier :eek:.

Get a grip, you're not running them through sub-atomic equation, you're getting objective views from administrators that have made many mistakes before.

Well, to be fair. Richmond started this process almost 2 months ago. North Melbourne are yet to start. We certainly do have the 'Jump'. Seems more ridiculous to suggest otherwise actually.
If one thing is for sure, NM will have appointed its coach before Richmond.

Brayshaw is on record as saying he wants to get somone in the position as soon as possible, so he can prepare for the draft, and pre-season 2010.
I don't know if I would personally be touting this as a good thing. This is going to mean most likely a rush job from now. Argue all you like but getting a coach ASAP isn't the way to go. We did the exact same thing with TW to make sure nobody else got him and look where we are 5 years later.

It may work out well, but certainly going to fastest route isn't the ideal way to go.
It may be Hardwick, Longmire, Hinkley etc etc only chance at the role, if the club asks them in for an interview, they arn't going to decline it :eek:
Sure they might not decline an interview. But if one was to feel that they are too close to getting the job at Richmond they might not want to risk not getting the job at both clubs instead of only one (As stupid as it may sound there would be plenty out there who would be safe in the knowledge that at least 1 interview and a call back is better than no interview or even an inference that they may be looked at by the Kangas so far).

All I'm saying is that the process of getting names and interviews ready just in case this whole Buckley situation wasn't going to happen would've been a lot better than not doing anything.

Well, to be fair. Richmond started this process almost 2 months ago. North Melbourne are yet to start. We certainly do have the 'Jump'. Seems more ridiculous to suggest otherwise actually.
I don't know if I would personally be touting this as a good thing. This is going to mean most likely a rush job from now. Argue all you like but getting a coach ASAP isn't the way to go. We did the exact same thing with TW to make sure nobody else got him and look where we are 5 years later.

It may work out well, but certainly going to fastest route isn't the ideal way to go.Sure they might not decline an interview. But if one was to feel that they are too close to getting the job at Richmond they might not want to risk not getting the job at both clubs instead of only one (As stupid as it may sound there would be plenty out there who would be safe in the knowledge that at least 1 interview and a call back is better than no interview or even an inference that they may be looked at by the Kangas so far).

All I'm saying is that the process of getting names and interviews ready just in case this whole Buckley situation wasn't going to happen would've been a lot better than not doing anything.

Wonder why this 'hat is here in our yard trying to make himself feel better about his poor lifestyle choice made many years ago?

Expect for Bucks to tell Richmond within days if not hours that he ain't interested in there job either.

His going to Collingwood.

It should be called FantasyLand not Tigerland............you morons will find out very quickly that Buckley has absolutely no intention of coaching the Tigers..........he is paying you lip service with his comments about your list........end of story.........

Gutless decision by Nathan "I want to be a senior coach in 2010" Buckley.

here was your opportunity to coach a team with great culture, and you walked away to become footy's equivalent of a lady in waiting. Often critisized as being an outside receiver early on in his career, it seems Nathan is adopting the same softness in the early stages of his coaching career.

Wouldn't want a 3-4 game losing streak next year if you were Malthouse, would you?

Way to spread your wings, Nath. Must be warm under Mick's fatherly embrace.

Gutless decision by Nathan "I want to be a senior coach in 2010" Buckley.

here was your opportunity to coach a team with great culture, and you walked away to become footy's equivalent of a lady in waiting. Often critisized as being an outside receiver early on in his career, it seems Nathan is adopting the same softness in the early stages of his coaching career.

Wouldn't want a 3-4 game losing streak next year if you were Malthouse, would you?

Spot on.

Way to spread your wings, Nath. Must be warm under Mick's fatherly embrace.

Just goes to show he feels more comfortable in a nice cushy warm position rather than have the nads to take on nth or richmond and make a name for himself. Wreaks to me like buckley is all bark and no bite. Im glad he aint coming to punt road. He has clear allegiances else where so good riddance to him. It's gonna all end in tears at lexus.

Longmire or king are favourite sons so go for them guys!! :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back