NBA 2k10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started a Association with San Antonia. Traded off Ginnobili, Duncan, Parker, Mason and a few more. Now have a starting lineup of Westbrook, PG; K. Martin, SG; L. Deng, SF; J. Smith, PF; G. Oden, C. Goes alright, 4-2 so far :) Finley is the oldest player on my list at 36 or what ever but is a handy 6th man coming on and firing down the 3s. Good fun :D

Finally got my first win for the season (1-5 now) with a buzzer beater against the Magic who are 4th in the conference!!! It was an epic game. I was down for most of the game but got up by 6 early in the last and then the Magic clawed their way back. They were just starting their shot clock and there was about 28 seconds left in the game. They took a 3 point shot with about 7 seconds left and missed. I then quickly raced it up to the end, fiddled it around and then Green (awesome alley-ooper....has the best shooting % in the league largely due to his large number of alley-oops) shot a nice 2 pointer from about 3 metres.

I must say that I'm very happy with my signing of Brooks Lopez. He has played 3 games and got 14 in the first and 19 in the most recent one as BoG (Yao Ming smashed him in the second and he only got about 6). I'm playing 5 minute quarters by the way.

My starting lineup:

Westbrook PG
Harden SG
Durant SF
Green PF (he's really a SF though so I rely a lot on Lopez for the power or I use Collison)
Lopez C

I do lack depth on the bench. Can someone please explain a few things:

Weekly trainings: how often?
Rating changes: why? I saw a few drop in rating when I decreased their role. Anything else? The fact that we've been smashed in most of the first 5 games might have an effect?
Development: when does the time reset? I thought it'd be on a weekly basis or something so I did 2 drills initially (not well, I might add) and now I haven't been able to do any more.

Development points are reset after each month. So you'll gain back 7 points.

Loving this game. I used the sliders from Funky's link (Biconoz?) and they are working a treat. Much more realistic experience.

Just gotta get that patch out to fix some framing issues etc and it will be the shit. Easily the best NBA 2K i've played.

Weekly trainings: how often?
Rating changes: why? I saw a few drop in rating when I decreased their role. Anything else? The fact that we've been smashed in most of the first 5 games might have an effect?
Development: when does the time reset? I thought it'd be on a weekly basis or something so I did 2 drills initially (not well, I might add) and now I haven't been able to do any more.

Rating drops will happen if someone is unhappy or injured or down on form.
Weekly training you should do a bit, don't overload your players or they will have less energy for a match. Fiddle around with it a bit and you'll soon figure out what works for your team.

I started with Lakers roster in my association and won a championship by simulating to the finals last season then playing. This season i decided to simulate through the season and focus on trading for my favourite players from other teams and my roster looks like this

PG:Gale (rookie 10th pick, 74 rating and A potential)
SG:Kobe
SF:Igoudala
PF:T.Young
C:Bynum

Bench:
Ariza
Crittenton
Ingram (rookie 30th pick)
Hughes (rookie centre 7'4)
Vuyacic
S.Brown
Gibson
Webster
Outlaw
Batum

Im after Roy, Thabeet and a few other still.

BTW i just played Rockets and they have Shaq (started at PF), Yao, Camby and Chandler

Loving this game. I used the sliders from Funky's link (Biconoz?) and they are working a treat. Much more realistic experience.

Just gotta get that patch out to fix some framing issues etc and it will be the shit. Easily the best NBA 2K i've played.
I find adjusting the player tendencies (drive the lane, pass out etc) add another layer of authenticity.

I will post my finalised tendencies once Ive finalised them, but this thread provides a general template (yes, I'm Hot Kidd) of what to do. It turns players into attacking beasts as I found LBJ/Carmelo/Wade were either just chucking jumpers or driving the lane and passing out to an open 3 90% of the time.

Made a new 'my player'

Token Black.

A 7 foot center who loves blocking people in the lane, braiding his hair and litening to Tupac's latest.

Played in the Grizzlies camp, for some reason they decided to bust out the line up of:

Warrick
Arthur
Token Black
Thabeet
Hadiddi

for a 3 minute stretch.....

Started a my player mode as an "athletic" 6'8 forward, but since I'd only just got the game I played shithouse in the Summer League, ended up with the Springfield Armor in the D-League.

I need to play well in the D-League to get to the NBA, obviously, but will having 5 minute quarters and 12 min sim quarters make it difficult for me? Because theres guys in the league averaging 30+ points a game, courtesy of longer quarters and I can't really post impressive numbers with 5 minute quarters. So should I start again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No don't start again, just keep playing in the D-League and you'll get picked up eventually although it may take awhile but it will happen.

Playing Game 1 of the 1st round of the Playoffs against the Grizzlies, should be able to dispose of them in a whitewash.

Also made the All-Rookie 1st team at the end of the regular season which netted me 2500 skill points.

Made a new 'my player'

Token Black.

A 7 foot center who loves blocking people in the lane, braiding his hair and litening to Tupac's latest.

Played in the Grizzlies camp, for some reason they decided to bust out the line up of:

Warrick
Arthur
Token Black
Thabeet
Hadiddi

I hope Harry Conick Jr isn't reading this.

He'd hardly be a token in a basketball team though...

As expected I sent the Grizzlies packing in the 1st round of the Western Conference Finals with a 4-0 whitewash and am currently in the process of doing the same to the Golden State Warriors who I'm leading 2-0 in the 2nd round.

Can't remember my stats but there's a fair chance I'll be taking home the Finals MVP even on 5 minute quarters.

After 20 odd games for the Austin Toros I finally got picked up by the cavs...Took a while but it worth it. Cavs currently got Number 1 seed in the east with 18 games till playoffs.

Made a new 'my player'

Token Black.

Warrick
Arthur
Token Black
Thabeet
Hadiddi

I had to start again as a result of files corrupting on my HDD... booo!!!!!!

Anyway, thought I'd one-up you by creating Token Whiteboy. Pure shooter, of course. Has no power game. :)

Have got right into My Player, nothing major happening in terms of game breaking glitches (other than an in game one where the umpire and player who was meant to put the ball back in play, kept on bouncing the ball to each other....).

Slowly getting better, but only have a C average (racking up B performances), too little too late as the Bulls decided to cut me from their roster. I think i've been snapped by by a decent D-League side though (they're in LA Lakers colours from what i can tell) - with me starting on the bench in my first game we were already 20 points up, by the time i got subbed in (at the tail end of the 1st qtr).

Havn't touched the Association mode for a few days, will get back into it soon.​

Well ended up losing 4-0 to the Lakers in Western Conference Finals and then proceeded to say goodbye to the Spurs and hello to Chicago who wanted to sign my player.

Check out the current Bulls roster.

PG: Derrick Rose/Kirk Hinrich/RaymondFelton
SG: Allen Iverson/Ray Allen
SF: Luol Deng/John Salmons
PF: James Johnson/Taj Gibson
C: Mr Perfect (My Player)/Shaquille O'Neal

I was just shocked at the amount of changes that happened in one season.

Just started playing my player.

first made a 6'9 defensive PF with green hair, didn't work out too well... but got used to playing it. My first 2 games were F because I called for the ball too much lol. Fiddled around a bit with a few different types of players and decided on making an athletic C. Not very creative, I know.

Got gold on all my drills to start with, just done the dribbling course and attack the basket over and over as it is is easy to get gold plus bonuses to speed and dunk if lucky. Nailed the summer league try out averaging A- and was invited to camp and could apparently select any team in the league. Basically I've just focused on boosting my player athletically, started by focusing on stamina and have since boosting strength and vertical, I haven't found boosting mental attributes to be at all useful considering I control the guy 100% of the time and I find that I only really shoot high % shots so with good athleticism it really compliments my player well.

I chose Thunder because they need a C to compliment Westbrook, Harden, Durant and Green. So far played 3 games in training camp and apparently im the 5th C in line behind thomas, krstic, mihm and some other scrub. in the 1st game i held thomas to 2 boards, that was his whole stat line while dominating with A+. Second game was similiar, i set like 15 screens and got another A+. 3rd game against krstic was a little harder becaue he made the most of his decent jump shot and lit me up for like 12 points, i still managed an A+ though. So far I've averaged 12 points, 7.5 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals and 1 block per game. Im in the midst of the 4th game and on my way to another A+. the C's ahead of me aren;t that great, but I am pretty far down in the depth chart apparently.

Anyway so from what I can tell it is the easiest playing as a C, you don't even need to make him overly tall aslong as he is athetic. You can really boost your team performance by setting heaps of screens in offence and boxing out in D. I've even managed quite a few fast break baskets with my C lol.

I'd say the worst part is leaving your man to help out on D and the 5 minute quarters. You lose points just for moving away from your man, it sucks. If Im a C and my man is on the perimeter, why not stand near the basket to help out my team matesunder the rim? that would be better team basketball then standing out on the perimeter allowing the other team easy runs at the basket? Pretty solid so far, no real complaints but I'm sure I'll find something to bitch about sooner then later oncce I get over the honeymoon period

Yeah ive come to the conclusion that all you need to rebound is speed and quickness. I started off as a defensive center, but bumped my defensive rebounding up to 85 early on - and was only getting 3-4 boards a game. Started putting a few points into the athletic stats, and now im averaging about 8-9 boards a game (for the last month or so).

Just had a frustrating game. Absolutely dominating the Clips, had 19/8 half way through the third, but because we were blowing them out, got benched until the final 30 seconds of the game. Kinda annoying, good to get the W though. Im still with the Suns, 19 games left in the regular season. Stoudemire got injuried and the team struggled badly, but we have won 7 of the last 8 and are pushing to get into the finals.

I might change teams in the off season. Playing with Nash is good fun, but they keep finishing games with Barbosa out there instead of J Rich, and its costing us games. Need to go to a team with a clear cut best 5 for the best chance of winning games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back