NBA 2K13

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one that plays MyPlayer as a centre? :p

Plan on getting the game on Monday or Tuesday, can't wait!

Just started MyPlayer as a PF. I love playing as post players. It's fun working to find position and space. Played as Centre in 2k12, but went with an athletic PF this time.

Oh and thoughts on the game so far:

1. Play is so smooth. Everything just flows unlike 2k12, which seemed to be a whole bunch of animations tacked together.

2. The menus are funky.

3. The controls are fantastic. I don't understand how some people have had so many problems with them. It took me one game to get use to holding down L2.

4. Perimeter D is hard!!

My career is broken as far as I'm concerned. Either auto plays don't work or play vision doesn't work for auto plays. Useless when my point guard keeps getting subbed in as a SG. Only the PG can run plays with play vision being on the court.

Ok, MyCareer as a PF is ****ing hard! You get pushed around in the post, out-rebounded and nobody will pass to you. And your stamina starts at like 60, so 1 good sprint down court on a fastbreak and your done. Hmm...

Don't think I'll do it...cbf. Why did they put play next key game before play next game, have accidentally done it a handful of times now
Done the same! Quite annoying, I was coming off the bench for the Hornets so I missed 30 odd of my first games as the only key game was against Charlotte

I'm also sick to ****ing death of my 6'3 PG playing PF. Also anyone tried out My Team?

Done the same! Quite annoying, I was coming off the bench for the Hornets so I missed 30 odd of my first games as the only key game was against Charlotte

I'm also sick to ******* death of my 6'3 PG playing PF. Also anyone tried out My Team?

Tried out MyTeam last night. You start out with basically a D-League side. Jonas Jerebko, Willie Green etc. Earning VC is hard, so upgrading your team takes awhile. Also, your VC is shared through all game modes, so you have to use it sparingly.
Will probably feel quite rewarding once you get going, but could take awhile.

I'm also sick to ******* death of my 6'3 PG playing PF. Also anyone tried out My Team?

6'3 PG as well. In my first game and against the Lakers, I was subbed in i think the 3rd quarter at the 4 against Gasol. First LA possession; "allowed inside pass" "allowed rebound" "good foul" o_O

Also, I need to invest in the Brickwall ability. Setting Screens was my bread'n'butter in 2k12 and an easy way to get your teammate grade up. Is a lot tougher this year.
Really? I reckon it's easy as! A lot easier compared to last year, and I can roll to the paint after setting a pick fairly frequently!

Really? I reckon it's easy as! A lot easier compared to last year, and I can roll to the paint after setting a pick fairly frequently!

A used to stop blokes dead in there tracks. Now they just roll off me. May have something to do with my weight. In 2k12 I was a 260lb Centre, now I'm a 230lb PF. Also need to get my quickness up. My player moves like an Iceberg.

A used to stop blokes dead in there tracks. Now they just roll off me. May have something to do with my weight. In 2k12 I was a 260lb Centre, now I'm a 230lb PF. Also need to get my quickness up. My player moves like an Iceberg.
Have you bought the Gatorade Prime Pack as a Signature Skill?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It only costs 50 VC, and it helps your stamina... You won't lose any stamina for every 1st QTR.

Yeah, I saw that one, but I'm still not even starting and barely play in the first anyway.

I think my favourite part of the game is that superstars actually play like superstars. Just got lit up by Kyrie Irving who hit a buzzer beater in my face to win the game for the Cavs and knocking down his 34th point. Ouch.

Hmm, SF or PF this year. Last year you could dominate as a big man and it was easy points but I felt as though I had to distribute the ball a lot as my PGs always sucked or the AI sucked. I was averaging like 8 assists on the hardest difficulty as PF but also got a fair few turnovers. Might try a 6'8 SF as the extra pass rating might help and he will still be able to rebound a bit and score.

I wouldn't start a my player with any position other than PG at the moment unless you like your teammates holding the ball for 20 seconds before jacking (with run plays on) or freelancing it.

I wouldn't start a my player with any position other than PG at the moment unless you like your teammates holding the ball for 20 seconds before jacking (with run plays on) or freelancing it.
Being a bigman shits all over being a point... Feels more rewarding and you actually enjoy it!

Remove this Banner Ad

NBA 2K13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back