Multiplat NBA 2K19

Remove this Banner Ad

2ksupport will fix you up.

I got PD Magic and 50k. Along with a bit of amethyst selling I landed PD Griffin as well. 2K are obviously slammed for their microtransactions and P2W, but it is far easier to attain the top players in MyTeam compared to FIFA UT.
Yeah I sent through a ticket, hoping for a response in the next 24 hours or so.

I am yet to buy it this year and am not regretting it. I got sick of the lower starting stats and ridiculous VC/MT coin needed to get higher when in the 80s. I mean over 500vc to upgrade mid range by 1 type joke.

Not to mention the fact you had to pay vc for tatts (and pay to remove or re add again).

Money grabbing right there

for me, the issue isnt VC. Play for a bit and you have heaps of VC.

The problem is the progression system. Once you hit a certain level, the only way to improve your player is to play games (and heaps of them). For example it takes about 50 full 48 min games to get your player from 89 to 90. I read somewhere that it would take something like 12 full seasons of 48 min games to get to 99.

This wouldnt be so bad if the game was actually interesting and fun. But it very quickly becomes a repetitive grind. The (lame) story stops very abruptly and then it is just game after game. It feels like they havent made any significant improvements to the mode for about 5 years.

for me, the issue isnt VC. Play for a bit and you have heaps of VC.
Yes you do have to play for a bit.. bit its all the same to earn VC. So your point is the same. Wether you want to spend the VC to buy stats (which cost more the higher you get) to get to the 90+ av player or cosmetics in hair/shoes/apparel/tattoos. You have to play longer stretches of games or buy the vc packs.

It has become money hungry and I have seen it get worse since it the start of 2k. Use to be that player starting av depended on height/weight/position. Now its just you start at 50 odd.

Last edited:

Yes you do have to play for a bit.. bit its all the same to earn VC. So your point is the same. Wether you want to spend the VC to buy stats (which cost more the higher you get) to get to the 90+ av player or cosmetics in hair/shoes/apparel/tattoos. You have to play longer stretches of games or buy the vc packs.

It has become money hungry

The grinding for the level caps is the most idiotic part.

The grinding for the level caps is the most idiotic part.
Starts off bearable but then becomes plain rubbish. Its just the little things they do that you dont notice: unless you really study each game they release but things I noticed:
- earn less VC per game in My Career/My player.
- Cost more to buy vc pack.
- Reduced player av at the start of your career.
- increased the cost of certain player jump shots e.g Ray Allen.
- reduced the amount of free player/player available iso moves/Dunks/lay ups etc at the start of your career.
- increased the cost of VC to level up stats at each level in all categories.
- Increased the amount of in-game items that cost vc and taken away 'owned' items. E.g hairstyles. You have to re-buy them and pay each time you change them.

I use to be the sucker who bought vc packs. 100K in VC would last a whole year. In 2k18 I would use that much to get an 80-90av player and some clothes and still want more as it was a grind to do it without paying

It has become money hungry and I have seen it get worse since it the start of 2k. Use to be that player starting av depended on height/weight/position. Now its just you start at 50 odd.

My point is its get to a point (fairly quickly), where it doesnt matter how much VC you do or don't have, you can't improve your player any further other than to just grind through game after game.

I just played a full 48 min game on superstar and the next level cap moved from 10.4% to 12.6%. I need to get to 100% before I can make only minor improvements to my player that won't take me from 90-91 but more like 90 to 90.3. Its ridiculous for people who just want to have fun playing a game.

Also did anyone get the PD LeBron before they removed it? Was pretty salty when I logged on to see that it was just gone.

Yeah, a lot of people were pissed about that, especially after in 2k18 when they f***** up PD Harden amongst other things they didn't do SFA to change it.

I ended up getting Ben Wallace and 40k MT. Sold Wallace because I'm stacked at C and he's too small. Also sold Diamond Marc Gasol.

Ended up getting Amy Steve Nash, Diamond Bradley Beal, Amy Vince Carter, and bought enough players to get tokens to get Amy Dirk.

My current team is solid across the board.

PG: Dave Bing (94)/Steve Nash (92)
SG: Vince Carter (92)/Bradley Beal (93)
SF: Luol Deng (92)/Giannis Antetokounmpo (90)
PF: Dirk Nowitzki (91)/Anthony Davis (heat check) (90)
C: Artis Gilmore (95)/Mark Eaton (91)

I also have a few solid cards I can change to if I feel like it.

Jerry Stackhouse (92)
Hedo Turkoglu (92)
Andrew Bogut (91)
Steven Adams (91)
Kawhi Leonard (90)
Wilt Chamberlain (89)
Derrick Rose (89)
Karl-Anthony Towns (89)
Scottie Pippen (88)
Dan Majerle (88)
Kristaps Porzingis (87)

And many more rubys, but those are the ones I use the most.

Another locker code, this time for a this day in history player.

I got nique

DvhbNudXQAArzOH.jpg

Another locker code, this time for a this day in history player.

I got nique

DvhbNudXQAArzOH.jpg
I got A.C. Green, the one card I didn't want. Ugh.

I mean, free ruby, but I will probably never use him.

I just looked at his stats. He's like a crappier Ben Wallace, but slighly better at shooting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got John Stockton. Happy with that, but I’m more interested in when 2k is going to get back to me about the pink diamond/MT codes not working.

Got John Stockton. Happy with that, but I’m more interested in when 2k is going to get back to me about the pink diamond/MT codes not working.

hahahaha all I can say is good luck with that, sounds like they're trying to sweep all of this under the rug looking at twitter about it.
keep hounding them, don't give up on em.

Bought Amy TB Elite Goodrich off the market for a 13k bid yesterday. My goodness his release is so god damn cheesy. 3 ball nearly every time if open or if you're on the fast break.

I never usually bothered actually playing the online portion of MyTeam due to expecting it to be extremely laggy and shitty but I thought f*** it and gave it a go.

Surprisingly not laggy.

Got the W despite choking at the FT in the final seconds because of that stupid screen shaking and not knowing that Magic Johnson has a seriously slow and shit FT animation.

I never usually bothered actually playing the online portion of MyTeam due to expecting it to be extremely laggy and shitty but I thought f*** it and gave it a go.

Surprisingly not laggy.

Got the W despite choking at the FT in the final seconds because of that stupid screen shaking and not knowing that Magic Johnson has a seriously slow and shit FT animation.
Yeah this year the lag has been almost non-existent for me.

Just lost a game to a Danny Granger buzzer beater 3, jeez that card is cheesy.

Surprisingly not laggy.

I've given Triple Threat Online a fair go this year, but the gameplay is so god damn laggy it's near impossible to play for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat NBA 2K19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back