NCFL Central discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s always someone who pops up for a goal whether Jenkins kicks under 6 might mean McInnes, cox, summerhayes, McKenzie, donnan etc get off the leash and snag a few

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think you have to be physical with sea lake few big bodies and great footballers will be a tight close game I just think sea lake lift the cup up at the end of the day

Trent are you a nully boy … I hope it’s close tough and physical and comes down to the wire… boort is always good for a grand final too I remember wedderburn beating St Arnaud there one year by a point was a cracking game

Nully are a premiership factory, I'm expecting nully to win by 5 goals in a boilover

I thought Donald would have had to much run and carry for them on Sea Lakes big ground, but they got the job done. No Fridge to wrestle with Putt may have put the Bulls on the back foot.

Nully have done really well in their first year and have proven many, me included, wrong. I thought some of their older blokes might have struggled with the change of pace. However they kept getting it done.
Farmer is a great onfield leader and directs their players around the ground really well

Having said all that, I think Sea Lakes ability to train as a whole group across the year is a huge advantage.
Against Birchip in the Semi they looked real good. While Birchip had patches where they got on top their defensive pressure across the ground made it too hard for Birchip to apply scoreboard pressure.

Tigers for me. Truck Donnan to do the Dusty.

The rumours are a super coach and gun full forward. Along with a string of solid players
If this is the case and comes to fruition the southern teams are going to soon crack the shits. Nulli have been on max points or near enough the entire season so if bring in some guns they will have to shed some points. Again salary caps appear to be non existant. The top end next year will be miles better than the rest. Will be interesting to see the Bulls reaction to this years result, would expect some massive recruiting there as well. As far as Saturday is concerned Nulli have noy got within 5 goals without Jenkins playing so Tigers by 7 goals is my tip.

I’d be interested in the players from Nullawil feedback on the standard difference and how they found losing 6 home and away games in NCFL to being a dominant force in GRFL.
They have the potential to be a force in the North Central the way things are going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s up to the southern clubs to get stronger and match the northern clubs. Good on nully for finding new talent and being able to do so.

Southern clubs cant compete with the $$$$ generated by the cropping programs the northern clubs have so if you have any new ideas on raising revenue please share it here.

I am a part of a southern club and you create a good culture and players will stick around it’s not always about the $$$ look at when wedderburn won 4 in a row great culture kept those bloke around for years similar to Nullawil Maintaining players.
I understand the big farming town of sea lake birchip and Nullawil have an advantage but doesn’t mean that’s the only way. It starts at home building a culture an inviting and enticing club to play footy at. I can only assume this is where St Arnaud is lacking… a culture

I am a part of a southern club and you create a good culture and players will stick around it’s not always about the $$$ look at when wedderburn won 4 in a row great culture kept those bloke around for years similar to Nullawil Maintaining players.
I understand the big farming town of sea lake birchip and Nullawil have an advantage but doesn’t mean that’s the only way. It starts at home building a culture an inviting and enticing club to play footy at. I can only assume this is where St Arnaud is lacking… a culture

You dont think Wedderburn wernt forking out the dollars during that time, hell they had half the bfl rep side in 2013/14

It’s goes around in full circle how we’re St Arnaud affording all those Indigenous boys from the NT plus McNamee… southern clubs had money once upon a time with great players and great teams what happened?

Maybe the issue is clubs forgot about raising there locals into senior footballers and only thought about spending money on gun recruits. Once they leave there left with scraps

It’s goes around in full circle how we’re St Arnaud affording all those Indigenous boys from the NT plus McNamee… southern clubs had money once upon a time with great players and great teams what happened?

Macnamee was employed by the AFL at the time based in the NT and I think you would find the AFL contributed a fair whack of the dollars in that time, perhaps Made4September could enlighten us a bit on that.

I wonder what the connection was to play at St Arnaud for McNamee and not any other club that’s probably closer or offering more coin

Maybe the issue is clubs forgot about raising there locals into senior footballers and only thought about spending money on gun recruits. Once they leave there left with scraps

Junior numbers at Charlton, Wyche and Wedderburn have been under pressure for quite a few years, Wyche didnt have 3rds for quite a few years, Charlton had good numbers this year which was their best for years Wedderburn has had between 11 and 14 3rds for the last 4 years numbers just arent there

It’s definently a numbers game and the quality of local players.. do kids in school not play footy anymore or they just arnt naturally good at footy? It’s different to when I played my juniors in the NCFL quality was everywhere fast and quick and tough especially against those Donald and St Arnaud boys

I wonder what the connection was to play at St Arnaud for McNamee and not any other club that’s probably closer or offering more coin

Had been coaching I think in the MCDFL previous to coaching Saints
It’s definently a numbers game and the quality of local players.. do kids in school not play footy anymore or they just arnt naturally good at footy? It’s different to when I played my juniors in the NCFL quality was everywhere fast and quick and tough especially against those Donald and St Arnaud boys

Was back in the day but even then numbers were sometimes stretched. Were some fine juniors at Saints and Donald late 80s early 90s, back in mid to late 70s Wyche has some great players.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

NCFL Central discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back