NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Schlurp was right - bit too easy.
Thanks

No worries JAB. I check this page out fairly frequently at the start of every season. It's a great resource to show how the ACTAFL clubs are travelling with their recruitment, player departures, transfers between clubs and elevation of players from the junior clubs. In previous years, I also checked the Tribunal decisions but that page appears to have been removed. Obviously no more name and shame.

I popped out for a look on Saturday & out of interest I went to Tuggeranong huddle at 3/4 time
Looking from outside in , it was a rabble - lots of voices/comments in small groups initially with no assistants part of some of the groups & then contradiction in coaches main address as to what was being about in the smaller groups
It was obvious the players were confused & frustrated. Not sure how they will turn it around - many looked disinterested all day

as for my Eagles - we were obviously flat from the start & ground out an 'ugly' win
Weather was spot on but our Fwds struggled all day - had fumbles and should have put more scoreboard pressure on
Early to break game open
Some of our guys mentioned again some of the ' chat' on field by some Belconnen players - their bark is a lot worse than their bite I'm afraid

That would be because 2 of Gorman's assistants (Midfield Coach & Backline Coach) walked after his sacking. Not much left after 3 coaches have gone!
I fail to see how some on here believe it was the correct decision for the club to axe Gorman mid-season. Time will tell I guess...

Keen to hear how Dale Cummins went for Qbn against Swans? Big jump considering he was playing 4th Div with Goulburn Swans last year.

Keen to hear how Dale Cummins went for Qbn against Swans? Big jump considering he was playing 4th Div with Goulburn Swans last year.
He went pretty well for his first game up. hard at the footy and provided a contest every time. More experience at these higher levels and he will improve further.

AFC2 interesting that you were at a game not involving your supposed club, and on a long weekend. Also interesting that you come on here and regularly comment on my posts regarding Belconnen

I am calling your bluff.

Your from Belconnen!

As for Shannon he might well have got a permit to play until his clearance went thru, but he now has a Belco contract!

You can call a bluff if you want, as its best you think you know me and obviously have no idea. if you dont know who does the forward scouting for our club then you dont have very good sources. dont think i am pro belco because if i had false claims about any other topic that you write on here about then i would take you to task on them aswell, however the topics that you go on about only seem to be belco.

I gave this forum facts about Shannon, from the people that i spoke to. people can make their own mind up after that. I dont care about any deal that he is on as i am only interested in if he can play or not. i didnt ask them about anything other then who is he, and where is he from. i built my own assumption after that, and perhaps you should go along to a few more games and do your own research other then peddling heresay on here all the time.

Firstly I don't give a rats who you are, why would i care who does the forward scouting for Ainsle......happy for you to come up and introduce yourself next Ainslie v Qbn game.

Secondly I only post facts or info I have been given. Unfortunately for Belconnen my sources from within that club are very happy to share info and I believe them to be extremely reliable.

But please point out when my sources have been misinformed.

Hope to see you soon.

But I still call fraud.

Not sure who is in charge of chosing which game gets streamed over the internet each week but there has been some very average games broadcasted and some big games missed. Would much rather watch Qbn V Sthport this week as opposed to the two games selected.

Not sure who is in charge of chosing which game gets streamed over the internet each week but there has been some very average games broadcasted and some big games missed. Would much rather watch Qbn V Sthport this week as opposed to the two games selected.

Unfortunately DFP reception is not good enough.

From memory the stream takes 4G and Qbn's output is only 3G.

But hey you can listen to it on Qbn FM 96.7:thumbsu:

Firstly I don't give a rats who you are, why would i care who does the forward scouting for Ainsle......happy for you to come up and introduce yourself next Ainslie v Qbn game.

Secondly I only post facts or info I have been given. Unfortunately for Belconnen my sources from within that club are very happy to share info and I believe them to be extremely reliable.

But please point out when my sources have been misinformed.

Hope to see you soon.

But I still call fraud.
LOL, well at least you aren't making it up yourself. Haha, you idiot!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Qbn 8-12-60
Southport 17-13-115

Went to the game pretty keen to see how the young Tigers who have become the most improved team in the East would fair against one of the powerhouse clubs of Queensland. Conditions I thought would have suited the home side but it was evident early that the bigger bodies of Southport would be difficult to compete against for 4 quarters.

1st term (after the opening 6 minutes) was a pretty even affair but unfortunately for the Tigers the visitors kicked 3 quick goals to start the match. SP showed plenty of pace and had clean skills as they shot out of the blocks to open a pretty hand lead early in the term. But credit to the Tigers who slowly started to get back into the match and only found themselves 2 goals down at the first change. Baxter was dominant for SP, Keil was getting plenty of it and Weymouth worked tirelessly in the ruck. For Qbn the usual suspects rose to the top in Griggs and Daniher working hard.

Qbn 1-3-9
SP 3-3-21

2nd term again was a hard fought affair with both sides showing desperation in cold wet conditions at DFP. The game became an arm wrestle with neither side giving an inch and the visitors would have been happy going into the sheds with a 16 point advantage. For SP, Baxter continued to find the footy and look dangerous around the goals, Burge was finding plenty of the footy with his hard running, Knights showed flashes of brilliance and Keil continued to get plenty of it. For the Tigers Conroy started to get into the game and Griggs and Daniher were doing their best to keep the home side in the contest.

Qbn 4-8-32
SP 7-6-48

3rd term is often described as the premiership quarter and in the first 15 minutes the cream rose to the top. SP totally dominated this period. Their work rate running back and moving forward was outstanding as they blasted the contest out of the water with a 7 goal blitz. In all the visitors kicked 8 goals for the term but the 7 goals in 15 minutes effectively killed the game as a contest. SP had winners all over the ground. Keil, Weymouth, Milani (who kicked 3 for the term), Wise, Seddon and Knight all contributed in a dominant term. Credit to the Tigers who after being shell shocked by the 15 minute burst held firm for the rest of the term to stem the bleeding. Under enormous pressure Roy Jaques was doing a great job on the dangerous Hughes and Daniher, Griggs and Conroy continued to rack up the stats but it was left to too few to do too much.

Qbn 5-11-41
SP 15-10-100

Injured playing coach K.Klemke was livid with his charges at the last break and obviously asked for more effort from his side and credit to the Tigers they battled well in the last term and out scored the visitors 3 goals to 2. Both sets of players looked very tired come siren time and while the margin was 55 points in the end, the game was a better contest than the scoreboard may suggest.

Qbn 8-12-60
SP 17-13-115

Goals SP - Baxter 4, Milani 3, Hughes, Knight 2, Screech, Whish Wilson, Flagg, Seddon, Burge, Mallan 1
Best SP - Seddon, Kiel, Weymouth, Mills, Wise, Knight, Baxter
Goals Qbn - Franchi, Fruend, Griggs 2, Kavanagh, Bryce 1
Best Qbn - Griggs, Daniher, Conroy, Jaques

This game showed me that their is a definite gap between East and North. SP had bigger bodies, their work rate and willingness to help each other was tremendous, they were cleaner moving the football and always out numbered the Tigers at contests. The game will be a great lesson to the Tigers who for large chunks of the game gave as good as they received to their opponents and when you consider 10 of SP's goals game in 21 minutes (3 goals in the first 6 minutes of the first term and 7 goals in the first 15 minutes of the third) the Tigers more than matched SP for 80% of the game.

The lesson they should take away from not just this week but last week against the Swans is that against the very best sides they need to maintain the effort for 4 quarters because any lapses will be punished.

For mine the Tigers are 12 months away from competing with the competitions heavy weights but when you consider where they were just last season they are rapidly on the improve. They showed today that their best is good enough but they need to do it for longer and share the work load better.

Well done to SP, the came here to play in foreign conditions and got the job done. They will be hard to beat if they play as they did in the first 15 minutes of the third term.

I am already hoping these 2 sides meet in the future to see if the Tigers do improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back