NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Another NEAFL "out"...
According to the Canberra Times, the head of NEAFL Eastern is leaving.
Anyone care to venture an opinion on whether he will be a big loss ? Hard to replace ? An inconvenience just as the season is beginning ?

To the casual Northern-Canberra-suburbs observer, his profile was pretty low but I accept that doesn't mean much in terms of his achievements.

How many people work at NEAFL Eastern GHQ anyway ?

Baracker, David Coward isn't just another out.

He was a rising star nominee last year.

A rising star nominee means he had a good match that weekend he was chosen does it not???

So the lad had some talent nothing more, nothing less.

Now I have no idea why at such a young age he "retired" but young players finish before they should regularly in local leagues which is sad yes but we move on quickly without them

A rising star nominee means he had a good match that weekend he was chosen does it not???

So the lad had some talent nothing more, nothing less.

Now I have no idea why at such a young age he "retired" but young players finish before they should regularly in local leagues which is sad yes but we move on quickly without them

His five year ordeal will move to the main board ...all in good time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irwin got 4 weeks. I'm not sure I agree with it being a fair bump, being a bit biased there lads. Footy has changed and that is definitely considered a cheap shot now, maybe not 10 years ago when it may have been considered 'tough' (nothing tough about that if you ask me). If that was in the AFL I wouldn't have been suprised if he got 6-8 weeks.

Masters has moved on, position applications close in a couple of weeks. Will juggle both roles until the new employee takes over the reigns.

Tuggers v Eastlake tomorrow night, also interested in seeing how Hills go against Ainslie. Heard Houlihan may be playing limited games?

elong most who saw Irwin's bump said it did not look good and the word "tough" was never mentioned.

But we do live in a softer era these days

Agree ABH definitely softer era. But there were some bad things going on in the "old days".

Still I am all for protecting the head which is the basis for the report so fair enough.

Just need consistency as the elbows which were thrown at the Qbn. guys heads, accidental or otherwise, on Sunday went unreported.One player still has a very sore jaw and must have been lucky not to break it.Defeats the purpose of the rule if you have to have a severe break or a stretcher to get a report, or citation.

We have a really "clean" comp. One in which young kids can play at 16/17. Need to keep it that way.

All we can ask for is consistency PH and a clear understanding of all rules without any grey areas. This will not happen in our lifetime unfortunately!

Spot on ABH. Spoke to one of the players from Sunday's game and he said consistency was a real problem all day . He wasn't complaining but with so many new/varied rules it was hard going for both sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back