NEAFL - Northern Conference 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Last couple of days have heard similar comments put forward by Life's a Beach...that a number of parents of talented young players are looking to relocate interstate so that their boys have a real pathway program. If AFLQ get what they want - 7 local clubs to 3- and a reduced list to 35 to compete against full strength (no top ups) afl clubs - where the hell do the progressive young kids go but interstate? ....Great for qld footy? I don't think so. This needs to be fixed and quickly before Qld footy falls apart

Last couple of days have heard similar comments put forward by Life's a Beach...that a number of parents of talented young players are looking to relocate interstate so that their boys have a real pathway program. If AFLQ get what they want - 7 local clubs to 3- and a reduced list to 35 to compete against full strength (no top ups) afl clubs - where the hell do the progressive young kids go but interstate? ....Great for qld footy? I don't think so. This needs to be fixed and quickly before Qld footy falls apart
I hope the QAFL have a plan B because there's a very strong indication that alls clubs have declined!!! No bloody thought or consultation with the clubs has bitten them on the arse.

Your still un-educated about Aspley and that's what I was referring to. Don't care about how many tickets u have on yourself.
so i said aspley would have 10 time as much dollars at their dispossal than a vultures or morningside still would say this is close, this isnt having a go at aspley at all they have done extremely well to put themselves in a strong financial position and it is up to them where they spend their $. it would be no different then compering ainslie and tuggerenong. if aspley dont want to go into the new neafl that is absoulutely their choice and all the best in whatever league they choose to be part of.

Lets hope all clubs stand united and get this mess sorted out. Can't believe those from (or originally from) interstate immediately think that they know what's best for football in Queensland - without doing any sort of research or consulting with the clubs who have been instrumental in the development of the code here. Stupidity or arrogance?

Good point Chikka. You saying Non AFL clubs expected to part with $600k a year to compete in new comp against 4 AFL Clubs and NT (don't all these clubs get subsidised by AFL?) and then play full strength AFL clubs. Like to run a book on how long it would take for a non subsidised team to win this thing?

how is that any different to the VFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparentally all clubs have asked Afl/NEAFL for more time to decide and questions about pathways etc to be answered before any clubs commit. Well done to all clubs
That's great news, it's the talent pathway that seems to be the issue from the start. How was it out at Yeronga tonight, the Dimwarnas would have gone down a treat!
I had a sneaky suspicion after the presidents meeting the other day that things had shifted. Not sure in which way but obviously they have bought some time. Any idea on a revised date for letters of intent or will there be more clarification via meetings etc. It would be great if Aflq can be transparent with information from now on. It's good to see clubs fighting the fight.
The more I think of it the salary cap mentioned will be $200000 which is up $35000 I think from current cap, that's ridiculously low, I struggle to see how Neafl clubs could compete with AFL clubs with unrestricted numbers under this cap.

Great win to the Bombers by 17 points over Aspley. We are still a chance to play finals!
Snaws,
great result for your team. Looks like their getting back to their 2012 form... at the right end of the season...if they can keep winning and make finals ,I think they will be the smokey amongst the local clubs ,,,but imo the Lions will be the premiers.

Yeah, pretty dominant display by Thunder and very disappointing from Labrador. Ewing gave master class. Left just before 3/4 time of the match between panthers and cats(like most of crowd)...not much in it...good arm wrestle...got too bloody cold...why play sat night?

Yeah, pretty dominant display by Thunder and very disappointing from Labrador. Ewing gave master class. Left just before 3/4 time of the match between panthers and cats(like most of crowd)...not much in it...good arm wrestle...got too bloody cold...why play sat night?

I arrived at 1/2 time of the lab/ thunder game and stayed to the end. A couple of observations:

The super round was a flop with regards to the crowd, but may have worked better at the start of the year while everyone still in the race. A couple of recruiters there but not many from what I could tell.

Thunder are pretty exciting when they get going but Labrador were playing with no spirit. Getting to the end of a long season staring demotion from the comp and missing davey/gugliotta- difficult circumstances to be fair.

I was proud of the cats despite the 9 goal loss. An horrendous injury toll in the few weeks leading to the game was compounded in the 1st 1/4 where 3 more went down. Fife/ Geary reinjured themselves Geary battled on courageously, for most of the game kicking only on left foot. Mckenzie battled to 1/2 time under duress before icing up. We're always going to run out of legs against good opposition but hit the lead after halftime and got within 17 points in the last 1/4. Scoreboard blew out in the last 15 minutes. Credit to morningside, I reckon they are deserving finalists if they get there. Both teams ought to still be in the neafl imo, and I spoke to a couple of nt people who were of the same opinion

As bad a year Labrador have had, Steven Daniels appointment is a massive positive for us going forward. Very good person and coach, the type players want to play for.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back