NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

and Good luck to Morningside in the Foxtel cup.I hear only 1 side from the NEAFL next year, is a shame.

1 + thunder so 2.

Werribee by plenty, half their team is North Melbourne listed inc some handy players like Greenwood, Warren, Daw, McKinley. Also has Nathan Ablett haha.

Werribee are quite a physical team and will win most 1 on 1 matchups. Perhaps best strategy for siders would be to not muck around with the ball and boot it deep inside 50 to the multiple player contests. kicking short will only result in regular turnovers against this quality a side.

Hope they hold their own.

Round 15

TIMEHOME TEAM AWAY TEAMVENUE
12:00 PM
Sat 7/Jul Sydney Uni vs Broadbeach No 1 Oval (Map)

1:10 PM
Sat 7/Jul Sydney Swans vs Brisbane Lions SCG (Map)

1:30 PM
Sat 7/Jul Labrador vs Southport Cooke-Murphy (Map)

1:30 PM
Sat 7/Jul Redland vs Mt Gravatt Victoria Point (Map)

6:00 PM
Sat 7/Jul NT Thunder vs Aspley TIO Darwin (Map)

11:00 AM
Sun 8/Jul Gold Coast Suns vs UWS Giants Metricon Stadium (Map)

BYE Morningside

My Tips Are

Broadbeach by plenty
Sydney
Southport ( Davey not playing for LAB)
Redland
Thunder
Suns

Just been announced that Young Broadbeach Gun Andrew Boston has been named in the under 18 All Australian team for this year . Only one from Qld. Outstanding Effort probably a draft certainty now if the Suns don,t take him first

They had Zorko last year, didn't want him and flicked him.( wasn't that a great decision!)...maybe they will do the same...

Maurie.
good comment.i was talking to a Suns commiteman last week and he admitted the Suns are regretting passing Zorko onto the Lions. As of young Boston, he is ready made to make the elite level, and I hope it will be with the Lions (if they want him).I say this as the Suns are no where with their recruitment and coaching people.

Maurie.
good comment.i was talking to a Suns commiteman last week and he admitted the Suns are regretting passing Zorko onto the Lions. As of young Boston, he is ready made to make the elite level, and I hope it will be with the Lions (if they want him).I say this as the Suns are no where with their recruitment and coaching people.

See the Lions are having injuries occuring ( maguire, mcgrath, polec,etc) .hav also lost Retzalf for the season. If they cop more injuries in both the ones and magoos, their ressies side will be weakened and will need to call up the top up players from Western Magpies....What im getting at , is the fact that our local teams will be competitive with them.

Looks like a great day for footy here on the coast, looking forward to the Tigers/Sharks game should be a ripper, word is Tigers not looking to square up except for on the score board

Davey out for tigers, wise out for sharks. At least it's even, hope te tigers can get up but head says sharks by a couple.

Ps, siders showing our league is underrated given their lack of wins in the Neafl despite not being disgraced by a top line vfl club.

Davey out for tigers, wise out for sharks. At least it's even, hope te tigers can get up but head says sharks by a couple.

Ps, siders showing our league is underrated given their lack of wins in the Neafl despite not being disgraced by a top line vfl club.

watched this game today, Southport far to good. See my cats won in Sydney with the Eagle booting 9 goals.Also, the Cats have picked up a former captain and b & f winner in 2008 , one Wade Dickson. A top line player who will be a welcome addition .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watched this game today, Southport far to good. See my cats won in Sydney with the Eagle booting 9 goals.Also, the Cats have picked up a former captain and b & f winner in 2008 , one Wade Dickson. A top line player who will be a welcome addition .
Thunder have won by 6 goals plus over Aspley tonight.

Some finals defining games next week in Redlands at home against Broadbeach and Labrador away against Brisbane.Tip Aspley might scare the crap out of Suns at Graham rd,that is if it doesn't rain and they have to move the game.

Their replaceplacents for game against Swans were listed players who were rested the week before.Need about 6 more inj before anyone will get close to them unless they start tanking.Beams only played 1st half in magoos before being rested as emergy for seniors.Lucky as Black ruled out late.

Much improved by the Vultures over final aspirants Redland. The game was essentially d'etermined in the first quarter..23 points down at the change... Lost by 24!

Just been announced that Young Broadbeach Gun Andrew Boston has been named in the under 18 All Australian team for this year . Only one from Qld. Outstanding Effort probably a draft certainty now if the Suns don,t take him first
Funnily enough, doesn't always pan out this way Lucky - not every AA kid gets drafted. Would love to see him do so but there is still water to travel under the bridge before it happens - I'm sure the young kid knows this already though...

See the Lions are having injuries occuring ( maguire, mcgrath, polec,etc) .hav also lost Retzalf for the season. If they cop more injuries in both the ones and magoos, their ressies side will be weakened and will need to call up the top up players from Western Magpies....What im getting at , is the fact that our local teams will be competitive with them.
Was told on the wend that Tickner (who has already signed with the Lions for 2 years whilst a 17yr old) will be playing as a top up player with the Lions magoos for a few games now, rather than maybe Noosa. Supports your opinion a little Stuyd.

Round 15 Tipping

2010premier 59
stuyd1 58
staminade 57
Lifes a Beach 56
footyfanatic1 54
thunderdoc 52
chikka ferguson 51
Billybunter 50
Maurie 49
Luckyme12 45
Pointer 41

Word from the Fourth estate on Saturday is that Broadbeach & Aspley are considering getting out of the NEAFL.Can understand Broady with their financial struggles but Aspley strikes me as strange.

Word from the Fourth estate on Saturday is that Broadbeach & Aspley are considering getting out of the NEAFL.Can understand Broady with their financial struggles but Aspley strikes me as strange.

I would be very surprised if they were true about Aspley, leaving no side north of the river. They have spent losts of money in 4 years for no result but I couldn't imagine them pulling the pin.

Southport were exceptional on Saturday, came to play. Fantastic defensive pressure, good discipline, more pace and skill than i thought, based around a very good spine in Hughes, Baxter, Mills & Nicklaus.All the little things including walking behind the player after he takes a mark for several metres and when he turns around the player with the ball has to push back again and another player walking up behind that same player so that when play on is called he can grab him from behind almost in a sandwich to hold up play this is when professional coaching bears fruit.Reminded me of the early eighties when Sheedy became the first VFL professional coach and the 15 metre rule had to be changed to 50 metres as he was prepared to concede to hold up play.I would say that Dares planning and execution has been exceptional.Are we in the NEAFL era of fulltime coaches?

Here we go....the mid season rumour mill..took longer than I thought this year..what a joke..is this a fishing expedition to stir the opposition Beachy or do you have any concrete proof. Concrete being the operative word.

Aspley are probably the second most financial club in the comp with a massive junior base so I hardly think they will want out. They havent enjoyed the success they would have liked, but then again if every team that struugles to win a premiership was a criteria for bailing then your mob would have been out a very long time ago! As for Broadbeach, they are winning more games than previous years and it was only a couple of years ago that they were only marginally better than Western Magpies. They seem to have got their act together, oh and I note they beat Labrador pretty handsomly recently. Boys in glass houses Beachy......

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back