List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

šŸ¤£šŸ˜†

Deadwood according to Bigfooty:
Rachele - will never make it in the mid, too much of a squib
Rankine - only a forward, can't play in the mid, overpaid with pick 5
Keays - terrible kick, no footy IQ, was delisted from Bris for a reason
Seedsman - what are we getting a Collingwood reject for, guys played one good game ever
Charlie Cameron - this guy will never make it, no footy IQ, fast but.thats it get rid of him
Tom Doedee - stupid Hamish pick, no one else was talking about this guy, such a reach, gonna be a bust for sure
Patrick Dangerfield - too much see ball get ball, just blindly hack kicks forward
Should put Mackay in here to stir you lot up, guy was selected under 4 different coaches including Walsh, but what would any of them know, clearest example of deadwood and list clogger ever according to Bigfooty šŸ˜‚

Plus, of course, plenty more, as you all would know. It would be easier to list the very short list of not useless players we have which usually amounts to shiny new toys while they're still shiny and the two or three players we have which have a track record of a couple of years,at least , of being elite in the whole comp.

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
This could be your worst post, in a long line of them.

Donā€™t think he knows what heā€™s actually arguing.
Anything to support the club no matter their performance.

Only the stupid go out of their way to justify stupid...

I know I am a bit of a pre-season optimist, but I cannot see why, if we can snag the likes of ABN, Lukosius and Draper, along with significant organic growth, while not loosing anyone valuable, and have a reasonable run with injury, why we cannot spike very significantly next year. It gives us the much needed depth in the areas we have been lacking!

Because our midfield stinks.

Yeah unless someone like Taylor becomes A-grade soon, or Curtin/Edwards/pick 4 come on quickly, it definitely puts a cap on our short-term ceiling

Cumming/ANB in particular I think can help us rise somewhat, as they fill smaller, yet clear needs, but theyā€™re not the ā€˜cakeā€™

It is our Achilles' heel. We do have some workhorses and extractors there but need some burst players with x-factor. Rankine did start to add that just before he got knocked out. Add a Sid Draper who is already playing against men and we might improve a fair bit. We do have the makings of a very good back line and some good forwards. A Hawthorn type spike is not totally out of the question.

It is our Achilles' heel. We do have some workhorses and extractors there but need some burst players with x-factor. Rankine did start to add that just before he got knocked out. Add a Sid Draper who is already playing against men and we might improve a fair bit. We do have the makings of a very good back line and some good forwards. A Hawthorn type spike is not totally out of the question.

We have some midfielders, that is true. They are not good midfielders. You need good midfielders.

We're not spiking.

I agree, but with Rankine and Dawson in form, it is not worse than Geelongā€™s. They are better in almost every other way tho.
I would definitely like to get it to a point where it has no weak links. Berry in his current form feels like one with his fumble issues, Soligo is very promising but needs to keep improving his fitness and strength, and it would be nice to replace Crouch within 18-24 months with a more dynamic clearance-winner (Cheddar?)

Thing with Geelong is theyā€™re incredibly well coached. They have a ball movement system which is quick and effective more often than not, off half back and through the middle. We had that somewhat last year, not so much in 2024. We need to prioritise quick, effective decision makers in these two thirds of the ground, where possible - Cumming should help with this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our motive isnā€™t our next flag though, itā€™s to move up the ladder a bit, say 2024 was just a blip, reduce the noise and pressure off their Nicks reappointment.

The club is so predictable in protecting their own arses.

We are a shit horrible club.
It's so obvious. Give the supporters and the critics something, anything, to shut them up.

This club has no idea what it takes to be successful.

It might be bottom one
You could be right. Nth Melbourne and West Coast have at least one young midfielder who will most likely be an A-grader. Richmond maybe the equal of us but I'm guessing the 3 recent premierships helps to ease the pain.

It's hard to believe the same men who got is in this position will be charged with another draft/trade period.

It might be bottom one
Looking at clearance differential numbers, we came 5th last ahead of Richmond, Melbourne (with no Petracca for half the year and an uninterested Oliver), WCE, and surprisingly GWS (who clearly have so much more talent in most of the other areas of the ground)

We really need to get our act together here, both with the personnel we use, and how we structure around stoppages

You could be right. Nth Melbourne and West Coast have at least one young midfielder who will most likely be an A-grader. Richmond maybe the equal of us but I'm guessing the 3 recent premierships helps to ease the pain.

It's hard to believe the same men who got is in this position will be charged with another draft/trade period.
Hasn't helped either of those 2 sides though has it

Looking at clearance differential numbers, we came 5th last ahead of Richmond, Melbourne (with no Petracca for half the year and an uninterested Oliver), WCE, and surprisingly GWS (who clearly have so much more talent in most of the other areas of the ground)

We really need to get our act together here, both with the personnel we use, and how we structure around stoppages
And I'm fairly sure ROB was in the top handful for HO and HO to advantage.

2 things there, those stat's appear useless.... or, we have the wrong combinations.

I'd say a bit of both. We look to have decided Laird is not a CB mid now which is great. But there's much more work to be done.

"good" - spot on. A graders - nope.
Are you the same poster who argue with me Rankine didn't played midfield this year??? Why do you think King said he had the potential to be a top 3 player in the AFL after watching him played there. And Dawson made AA just last year as a midfielder and what about Soligo's development this year winning the Showdown medal.

Did you watch him? We had an extremely strong midfield during that period and Tyson was regularly in our best. Arguably the most consistent. He was a personal favourite of many supporters because he was a rock in our midfield. He was on fire in the Collingwood final and we were on track to win when he was knocked out.

Point is him and Murphy share absolutely nothing in common
he was consistent because it is easier to be consistent playing at a lower level, it was harder for the A graders like mcleod to play near his best because he was the focus to nullify for the opposition

and you're having a laugh saying we were on track to win after one quarter when we had no significant lead, away from home, against a team that regularly beat us! of course it was a grubby act and the reduced midfield rotation would have hurt us

i also never compared their outputs obviously edwards will have the far superior career, I merely said it looked like Murphy could be midfield depth which edwards was for us. anyway that's me done on this topic

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back