Player Watch Ned McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand... how could the recruiters get it so wrong. He has absolutely no skills. Absolutely none. No awareness, the one thing which everyone thought he brought, fwd pressure, non existent.... absolute failure recruiting.
Because our head recruiter has a very narrow view on what he looks for in midfielders.

I can't seem to remember a worse game from another crow ... ever...
There have been some. David Gallagher had a shocker once. Alan Bartlett had an embarrassing game. Luke Jericho once.

The thing with Ned is that he always looks his best once the sting has gone out of the game. Once it slows down and things open up he looks like a competent AFL Player. It’s when there’s high pressure and heat on that he fumbles, drops marks, misses targets. If we ever do get to play finals again he would be an absolute liability.
So what you’re saying is he’s a front runner who isn’t up to the rigours of pressure AFL football. Got it. Maybe Brodie Smith is his official mentor.

McHenry is the result of us misidentifying why Richmond were good, I think.
Spot on.

Actually 100% nailed it I think. A panic selection after losing to Richmond and seeing them succeed further

Richmond were good because they had Dustin Martin, not because they had Jason Castagna

Spot on.

Actually 100% nailed it I think. A panic selection after losing to Richmond and seeing them succeed further

Richmond were good because they had Dustin Martin, not because they had Jason Castagna

Also we thought we already had a Dustin Martin in Brad Crouch and just needed to add the other bits.

Cascading mistakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Family must be that good.

Not Ned’s fault but add it to the long list of horrible draft blunders in the last five years. Surely we change the recruiting team, we seems to actively recruit battlers with no skill or actual strengths.

No wonder we stink. The problem is this drafting will continue to haunt the club for years to come.

Surely we can't keep pumping any more games into mchenry next year with hopefully the arrival of rankine and surely newchurch is a better option.

I follow the draft closely and during his draft year not one part of me rated him as a potential AFL player. I was amazed that other recruiters also rated him as a late first round pick. He doesn't have any qualities that make him an AFL footballer.

Surely we can't keep pumping any more games into mchenry next year with hopefully the arrival of rankine and surely newchurch is a better option.

I follow the draft closely and during his draft year not one part of me rated him as a potential AFL player. I was amazed that other recruiters also rated him as a late first round pick. He doesn't have any qualities that make him an AFL footballer.
The fact that we've invested 50 games into him is an embarrassment.

He can't kick more than 30 metres and is prone to constant brain farts and clangers.

Tonight he couldn't even hit a target that was 15 metres in front of him.

He's never going to make it as an AFL player

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Ned McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back