Player Watch Ned McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

That's okay. Eddie wasn't a big fella either.
Ned will get stronger as he fully develops a mature mans body. Is he 22years old now? That's still pretty young.
I think the improvement needed for Ned to become a solid AFL player would come from other places. eg. skills, discipline and composure. I don't see a lot of physical development left in him tbh. He already has the aerobic part sorted too.

I think the improvement needed for Ned to become a solid AFL player would come from other places. eg. skills, discipline and composure. I don't see a lot of physical development left in him tbh. He already has the aerobic part sorted too.
I’ll give you discipline, composure and even add awareness, but I think his skills (within his limitations) are there. When composed, he’s arguably one of our best kicks going inside 50, honestly (which doesn’t say a whole lot, but it shows the base kicking skills are at least there). It’s just a matter of seeing it on a consistent basis

The kid has massive flaws in his game but one of the most courageous young Crows players I have seen. Does he get a pass mark for the year, probably not. Next year will be huge for him.

Food_Cart_Plaza_Banner_3_lidviw.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A third round pick who we took in the first round.
I don't understand... how could the recruiters get it so wrong. He has absolutely no skills. Absolutely none. No awareness, the one thing which everyone thought he brought, fwd pressure, non existent.... absolute failure recruiting.

Small, slow, clumsy, undisciplined, poor decision maker, poor field kicking accuracy, unbelievably poor kicking penetration, shithouse tackler, inaccurate shot for goal, and terrible in all facets under pressure.

Yep, we’ll take him in the first round thanks. He really tries hard. What a monumentally stupid pick.

Combine that with taking midfield maestro Chayce Jones instead of Z Butters, AND trading another first rounder in this draft for what ended up being McAsey (and could have been Serong, W Day or K Pickett), and it’s pretty easy to see why we are where we are.

I bet he comes from a great family though. Hope they support his amateur league career which will commence in 2025 once his ridiculous AFL contract expires.

The thing with Ned is that he always looks his best once the sting has gone out of the game. Once it slows down and things open up he looks like a competent AFL Player. It’s when there’s high pressure and heat on that he fumbles, drops marks, misses targets. If we ever do get to play finals again he would be an absolute liability.

The thing with Ned is that he always looks his best once the sting has gone out of the game. Once it slows down and things open up he looks like a competent AFL Player. It’s when there’s high pressure and heat on that he fumbles, drops marks, misses targets. If we ever do get to play finals again he would be an absolute liability.
He is now

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Ned McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back