Neil Craig - pressure building?

Remove this Banner Ad

sure sanfl was a solid comp but you are having a lend of yourself if you don't concede the VFL was the superior competition.

Agreed the VFL has arguably always been superior and even moreso during Neil Craig's time as the VFL had many top shelf interstate recruits as well as the talented victorian players as well.

yes but not in afl football. Last few premiership coaches have all been gun players - Leigh Matthews; Paul Roos, Worsfold, Mark Thompson

I'd hardly call Worsfold or Thompson gun players. Even as an Eagles fan, Worsfold was a good, solid player, who's strength was his hardness. Thompson was a decent flanker but hardly a gun.

Ayres had the midas touch "Everything he touched turned to shit" I dont know why clubs keep picking him up for odd jobs, The guy is shocking, Failure just seems to follow him.

just out of curiosity, how do you feel about 1997?

he made a grandfinal in 1995. you guys seem to think you were robbed in 1997...

and he made the finals most of the years with you, so exactly how terrible was he again?

Now im confused. I didn't say anything about him getting approached on numerous times to play VFL etc. i just stated that he never played AFL/VFL which he didn't correct ?

yes, that's exactly what you did.

spouted some nonsense, without attempting to justify why it's meaningful or relevant.

sure sanfl was a solid comp but you are having a lend of yourself if you don't concede the VFL was the superior competition.

even if the VFL was superior in terms of overall talent and competition, i dont see how that makes someone who played 300 games there any better at coaching by default than someone who played 300 games in the SANFL.....no matter how you look at it, its football, its not like the VFL and SANFL played different sports.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Neil Craig - pressure building?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back