Neil Craig steps down

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably stayed on a little too long.

Was a reactive coach and pretty average on match day.

No doubt a good sport scientist and meticulous planner, but you could literally see him freeze when the heat came.

Good servant though, wish him well.

Not shocked, but dissapointed.

Craigy has had a bad year, or 2, but thought He would at least stick it out till the end of year.

Don't expect us to suddenly turn it around for Bicks. Being a club legend is no instant recipe for "Premiership Coach".

So really, who is next. We won't get Malthouse, Clarkson would be nice but will Jeff suddenly throw a contract under his nose in fear of losing him. Roo's I like but realistically we will probably end up with one of the Ex players like Goody, Roo (If he's interested) or Preferably Bassett.

Thanks for trying Craigy and It's a shame you couldn't finish the Job.

In hindsight this year was always going to be tough for Adelaide considering the amount of experienced players they lost recently.

In the end though it was probably the way the team lost against the Saints that was the problem for Craig. More so considering his length of tenure and poor finals results.

Unfortunatly because Adelaide have never really bottomed out, it may take a while for them to be finals contenders again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep hearing alot of names being thrown up but theres an obvious one which no one has put up yet. Gavin Brown.

He is a really good coach and the whole Buckley Malthouse thing has kind of overshadowed the fact that Brown was overlooked. If I was adelaide I would have a seriously look at him. Wants to coach, recently moved to the Blues which would most likley fight hammer and tongs to keep him.

Not shocked, but dissapointed.

Craigy has had a bad year, or 2, but thought He would at least stick it out till the end of year.

Don't expect us to suddenly turn it around for Bicks. Being a club legend is no instant recipe for "Premiership Coach".

So really, who is next. We won't get Malthouse, Clarkson would be nice but will Jeff suddenly throw a contract under his nose in fear of losing him. Roo's I like but realistically we will probably end up with one of the Ex players like Goody, Roo (If he's interested) or Preferably Bassett.

Thanks for trying Craigy and It's a shame you couldn't finish the Job.

Andrew Jarman did a number on Perth in the WAFL :thumbsu:

This job seems a bit of a poison chalice really. Adelaide will have to turn over a fair bit of their list, I would think, if they're going to be a shot at top four in five-six years' time. Whoever takes the job now might be out before the good times come around again.

This job seems a bit of a poison chalice really. Adelaide will have to turn over a fair bit of their list, I would think, if they're going to be a shot at top four in five-six years' time. Whoever takes the job now might be out before the good times come around again.

The next Dean Bailey?

I'm not sure the dwindling attendances and continually losing money will mean the AFC will put up with extended bottoming out, though.

Had to happen, but I didn't expect it until Thursday.

All coaches have a use by date. A Grand Final will extend it, as well a premiership, and Craig really didn't come close enough to be able to defend the Crows' performance this year. At their worst, they really are the worst side in the comp at the moment.

Bickley's appointment as caretaker is unsurprising. Premiership players at their own clubs are all the rage, now. Worsfold, Hird, Voss, Ratten, Buckley... oh wait.

Surprised that Adelaide people are so apprehensive about Bickley, though. He could be the new Ben Allan! Or Jade Rawlings!

Bickley?? Kidding right. Be about as good as Primus. Club even said he wasn't ready to be a senior coach during this year...in other words not up to it.
They won't have the guts to get a non-south australian after the debalce of Shaw and Ayres. So Goodwin has the job. Possible outsider Scott Burns, but they'll go Goodwin.

I rate the guy. Was a brilliant coach. Just didn't have the player personnel to achieve ultimate success.

That loss of the same group of senior players cost him the job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back