Neil Craig steps down

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutly terrific servant to the club and a great coach. Fantastic win loss record, took us to 5 consecutive finals series and maintains the abilityt o communicate well with young footballers. Unfortunately the game style has past him a bit and his effective game plan has become stale.

I hope he stays at the club in some capcity to be utalised. Thanks Neil!

Why stand down after ONE bad year?

I don't get it.

Malthouse did nothing for 11 years, and not only kept his job, but got given another 2 years before his replacement took over.

Stupid comment.

2 GFs with a very ordinary side hardly amounts to nothing. Almost got another ordinary team to beat a super team in Geelong in 2007 PF.

Absolutly terrific servant to the club and a great coach. Fantastic win loss record, took us to 5 consecutive finals series and maintains the abilityt o communicate well with young footballers. Unfortunately the game style has past him a bit and his effective game plan has become stale.

I hope he stays at the club in some capcity to be utalised. Thanks Neil!
Will he stay on in the type of role Collingwood are trying with Malthouse?
I think it could work with Neil Craig as he seems a pretty straight up practical sort of bloke without any ego problems.

We need a full clean out, not just Craigy. Our assistants are shithouse, especially Camporeale, who is a clown of the highest order- he's made our midfield absolutely CRAP, can't believe we hired him... especially after what he did to Essendon's midfield...

You guys should hire Michael Broadbridge. :cool:

Especially as skills coach.

Breaking news Craig accepts newly appointed position for 3 years as Director of Coaching at the Crows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta give credit to Neil Craig for the work with the Crows and putting the Club ahead of his own needs. Some in the media have suggested that Michael Voss needs a senior assistant coach to help him, Neil Craig would be perfect for the role if both were willing to work together.

Comes across as a decent guy and an astute coach at least in terms of planning and preparation.

Time was right, good luck to him if the director of coaching thing is ratified. From that position his skills should still be useful to the Crows.

No, no and no. He was part of the problem along with our other assistants who need to **** off at year's end as well.

Bugger all wins
Dwindling crowds
Coach stepping down mid / late season
Assistant coach put in charge
Assistant coach likely to be coach in following season

Who are you, the Port Adelaide Football Club.... ;)

The size of the loss and not the loss itself hastened this decision today. Had a pretty good record in making finals appearances but way to much discontent (valid may i add) from their supporter base for him to have got past this year.

Good luck to Bicks but not this week. Will be a great game and i'll call
a draw with the score as 29 pts a piece.... lol :D

Will he stay on in the type of role Collingwood are trying with Malthouse?
I think it could work with Neil Craig as he seems a pretty straight up practical sort of bloke without any ego problems.
With the contract change he did, I believe he's still currently an AFC employee, just not the coach.

He's a teriffic mentor and excels in sports science and I believe he's too much of an asset to just leave the AFL game. He loves the club and I believe he'll have a role next year outside of immediate footy ops. Perhaps developmental.

Put your money on the Crows this week.

Like we needed more incentive. It's port...

Will be interesting to see if the crows come out and play good football now though

Remove this Banner Ad

Neil Craig steps down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back