News Nelson, Rotham partied up at Hip E after Richmond shellacking

Remove this Banner Ad

This has to be the biggest smoke n mirrors garbage that has come from this clubs leadership in its reign.

Simpson and Nisbett have been nothing short of spineless in this.

Hardwick , a real leader, gets in front of his men when they stuff up , and deals with it behind closed doors, but Publicly is fierce in his defence of his men. Beveridge the same. In fact most quality leaders will protect their commodities..The players know they have their backs...not at West Coast though.

WCE head men left them out to dry.

These Players are not responsible for the clubs list issues... The coach and the CEO might have a greater influence one would hope. Yet they are letting these guys hang with threats and punishments.. gutless leadership that one might think deflects from the inadequacies of their own recent performances.... 80% of the playing salary is sitting in a rehab room , with some blokes contributing next to nothing over the past 2 years.

The club asked them to stay home, what employer has the right to tell anyone what they can do in their own time?? West Coast apparently think they can , even if they have an 8 day break.... The players association might suggest otherwise.

They did not Violate any AFL protocol . They Did NOT violate any State / Federal law pertaining to Covid or any other offence . They were not drunken or disorderly. They were not involved in any incidents that bought the game or anyone else into disrepute..... They are guilty of having their picture taken and having social commentary made about them , and assumptions made about their characters by experts.

They were asked not to attend by the club and did so anyway. But again what right does any employee have to demand that of their staff.

Interesting that the majority of the "criminals" were from Victorian. So when Simmo says stay home, they are at home not with their families like Adam and Trevor are. They in fact may well be at home alone. So spare me this crap that these blokes don't care for the club, they have far and away sacrificed more than any other Home grown Eagle , including Adam and Trevor , for this team.

In return these Leaders have thrown em under the bus, rather than addressing any indescretions within the club.......Gutless and spineless .... perhaps they should've given a bottle of Gatorade to a drug tester ... Adam was real supportive then...

Smoke n Mirrors from a failing leadership
Considering the state the team finds itself in at the moment and the heat we’re copping from all angles - the validity of us actually being allowed to compete is being debated week to week for Christ sakes - I’d expect it’s not too much to ask to sacrifice a few Saturday nights on the town until the list gets in better shape.

Its not just our club in the spotlight, the AFL altogether are fending off questions of fairness for letting us play in such a sorry condition.

Those players weren’t just cheeky boys using a bit of poor judgment for a bit of fun. They knew the risks at hand for the club and didn’t give a toss.

Interestingly Nisbett used the word “guidelines” a couple of times in this morning’s interview.
Pirates Of The Caribbean Code GIF by Brian Benns

Interestingly Nisbett used the word “guidelines” a couple of times in this morning’s interview.
That would change things considerably. If it wasn't a clear directive and left things to the discretion of players (which wasn't what they intimated earlier when this came out), then it is a club issue more so than players. Whilst you would hope for common sense from players, bit unfair to penalise them if the club wasn't clear on this.

Either way, I see it as messy for the club and one more example of the little things not being done right.

Pretty sure AFLPA won't sign off on different rules for different clubs. Also what player would want to be at WC if they treated so poorly?

Clubs can set rules for their playing group. It’d usually be done in consultation with the leadership group.

If the players don’t like the rules, the time to complain to the AFLPA is when they’re set. Not after you break them and cop a punishment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs can set rules for their playing group.
Not going out to a night venue when other clubs are allowed to shows how poor the leadership is at the club. It isn't the players fault the strength and conditioning department are so poor and the club don't want to risk any covid cases due to the huge injury list. How about the leadership is on the front foot about replacing the strength and conditioning team and the club wouldn't be in this spot of having to ask players to not go out.

I don't agree with different rules for different teams, if it is allowed by some chance I would be surprised

I don't agree with different rules for different teams, if it is allowed by some chance I would be surprised

It’s allowed. Be surprised.

Different employers in the same industry have different rules for their employees. This isn’t a radical idea.

I don't often agree with you but you are spot on here
U just said that to uset me didnt you. On a serious note Chesser has been with his family in Vic. Was he specifically briefed on his return for example? Rehab players shoul not drink on medical grounds. But others, a drink or two a week prior to a game is not an issue. Is the venue higher or lower risk than a pub? If its a high risk venue have Richmond survived - hang on they looked to have played well on the weekend. On your first point. no point,
1652060849142.jpeg

Depends what they were told they could and couldn’t do.

People making these comments are forgetting that our WA clubs are at a different stage to the eastern seaboard clubs in the fight against Covid. They have been through it, whereas we are still in the midst of it. Of course, we are going to have restrictions in place. Nightclubs would be a definite no-no. The most stupid of morons would know this, you would think; however, reading these pages on BF there are quite a few with serious brain cell deficiencies.
Then there are those who attack the club just for the sake of it.

The other likely consquence of last week's covid "outbreak" that most perhaps have overlooked, is that the Beagles didn't have enough players to field a side which affected East Fremantle FC since the match had to be postponed.
Additionally SF, Claremont & EP lost the services of important players.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Nelson, Rotham partied up at Hip E after Richmond shellacking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back