Prediction Round 5, 2024: Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

McGovern, Barrass, Jamieson and Rotham to defend a forwardline where Koschitzke and LeFau are the only forwards over 187cm seems too heavy

Could this be the week we push Barrass forward?
More thinking that we hope the mid pressure which has been good holds up and they start just bombing it into the f50 and we clean up through intercept marks.

Not a bad plan really. especially if we can get some good pressure through the middle.

Imagine it will be a repeat of this game. Well the wish version of this game

Legit one of my fave H/A games ever. We announced our self as a genuine contender that game. Jumped the raining premiers and then fought them off when they came back still won handsomely. Yeo arguably had that game where he announced himself as an elite mid and he did it while taking dusty down. Darling absolutely went bersek and was unstoppable and even guys like rance and grimes couldn’t even lay a finger on him that day. Bloke looked like prime Wayne Carey.

Now both teams are mere shadow of what they were. Also it’s hard to fathom Jack Darling was once that good.

More thinking that we hope the mid pressure which has been good holds up and they start just bombing it into the f50 and we clean up through intercept marks.

Not a bad plan really. especially if we can get some good pressure through the middle.
Seems ripe for a land of the midges, backs to the wall, 3 Brownlow votes S Bolton sort of affair

Or they kick the ball in low and dirty allowing Martin, Bolton and M Rioli to get to work at ground level

Showing a bit of faith in Maric and Edwards, injuries must not have been to bad but they could still have used one or both of them as a way of bringing someone else in. Obviously at the moment they are considered best 22 of who we have available at the moment.
I like Maric but he hasn't exactly been tearing it up so maybe that isn't his role and he is doing what is being asked of him well enough.
Chesser sub?

Showing a bit of faith in Maric and Edwards, injuries must not have been to bad but they could still have used one or both of them as a way of bringing someone else in. Obviously at the moment they are considered best 22 of who we have available at the moment.
I like Maric but he hasn't exactly been tearing it up so maybe that isn't his role and he is doing what is being asked of him well enough.
Chesser sub?
LEdwards sub if he’s a bit underdone i would have thought

I remember Buddy pantsing TB and us in the first game at Optus then thrashed the Dogs at Marvel in round 2. In round 3 vs the Cats at Optus I remember turning to my wife as a bloke called Tim Kelly was tearing us a new a-hole and saying “We are a s**t football team”. Within seconds, Ablett did a hammie. Guthrie also did an ankle and Nakia Cockatoo copped a knee injury and we ran over the top of them. From that point on apart from Gaff’s suspension, Shep’s hammie and Nic Nat’s knee pretty much every single thing went right in that season for us to win the flag with a pretty modest team. The missus has refused to change our anniversary date from 17th April to that exact point in time on the 8th of April.

Still remember it like it was yesterday.
Hardly a modest team, was absolutely stacked with all Australians on every line.

Really hope we haven't blown it and gone in too tall.

Prime chance for a W, really put to risk of letting Richmond's smaller squad scrub it in while our 4x tall defenders plod along behind them.

Maric, Darling, Waterman, +1 Williams is a very top heavy, low danger forward group too.

None of these guys have looked like kicking bags this year.

Hopefully we get the opportunity to tactical sub late in the game and bring on a small.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGovern, Barrass, Jamieson and Rotham to defend a forwardline where Koschitzke and LeFau are the only forwards over 187cm seems too heavy

Could this be the week we push Barrass forward?
In his own words 'I've been waiting for Simmo to put me forward for years'

I was initially thinking along the same lines out of he and Maric but if they are underdone, not 100% etc they probably shouldn't be playing. We actually have fit back ups now.
We do but the thing I worry about with LEdwards is if he needs a sprint effort in the 4th quarter and his muscles are fatigued his injury risk goes up exponentially. Having a runner on the bench to come in for a tall at half time if we’re too big is probably a good sub tactic against the Tigers too.

Can you name a better player that didn’t make All Australian? If he played for a big vic team he’d be spoken of as one of the better mids this generation.

Since none of those pundits watch our games and just look at a stat sheet they didn’t see his actual impact.
Maybe a brownlow too!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back