News Nelson, Rotham partied up at Hip E after Richmond shellacking

Remove this Banner Ad

what they did was wrong. How the Club Leaders have handled this is the bigger concern. Richmond for example have had massive f@@k ups with Covid , and their coach stands in front of the media and defends em.. they handle it in house... WCE hung em out..
Look, I don't disagree however is this the first **** up, or one of many?

I'll agree that the club, especially Nisbett, hasn't handled this stuff well beginning from his comments re; Brander before trade week last year.

Richmond were contending in 2020 when they were ******* up. Of course you defend your players when you need to justify picking them to win a flag (which they did, by the way).

We're at a cross roads and this is the first public opportunity the CEO and Coach has to draw a line in the sand with standards and culture for the plethora of kids about to join our list, along with those already on it.

It's probably over the top given the scenario, but they're taking what they've got and going hard on it to ensure less transgressions in the future. I don't mind it, all in all, although the public consideration of players not getting new contracts was a bit over the top. That's a scare tactic from a frustrated CEO and I suspect eventually the language will be much softer when the dust has settled.
Why does it matter if you are in contention or not ?? You support in public, kick heads in private. Nothing hard about it. To the outsider , these guys reacted. If scaring kids in public is the goal , then the problems from the top are bigger than imagined.

Why does it matter if you are in contention or not ?? You support in public, kick heads in private. Nothing hard about it. To the outsider , these guys reacted. If scaring kids in public is the goal , then the problems from the top are bigger than imagined.
Hmm, not so sure you should be using the word 'kids' considering the state of our list..

Not sure how this has become a Jackson Nelson specific issue to some posters so if we could get back to the topic at hand that would be tremendous

Need to put this into context. Standards and accountability are set at the top. That starts with Nesbitt and has a massive focus on Simpson as Head Coach.

Why should players outside of the best 15 get focussed when there are minimal non-negotiables when the side doesn't shepherd, the are directed to play bruise free football more on corralling and less on tackling, senior forward players are not chasing like they used to, senior defensive players zone off and refuse to pick up their man, senior midfielders wait for the ball top be tapped to them and at clearances and infrequently play hard accountable stoppages, senior players don't need to go through the WAFL and are allowed to build up general and match fitness in the senior games, etc

Agree with your entire post, another example of this from the weekend was Florenca's first couple of posessions. Florenca wins the ball and senior player calls for the pass barely 15m away inside on the HB line. Florenca flubs the kick and to his credit puts in a decent second effort. Why is the senior player call for such a cheap stat-padding kick instead of working to a position of value? Of course the kid in his first game is going to honour the call...

Same thing happened in the Adelaide/Fremantle game at the start of the year in the last quarter, Thilthorpe has ball on HB line, Sloane calls for cheap barely 15m kick inside, ball turns over and goal. Thilthorpe not seen in the team sine due to a dumb call from a senior player.

Just poor football trying to fill out the stat sheet to point to at the end of the game instead of actually trying to impact the outcome.

According to Nisbett "It’s not a case of breaking a rule but it is a case of breaking trust.".

No Nisbett, It's a case of a shitty culture around the club, which you are first and foremost responsible for.

Now you are fining players for breaking a rule, that in your own words wasn't a rule?

Has been handled extremely poorly by the club and turned into a media circus purely from their own statements.

According to Nisbett "It’s not a case of breaking a rule but it is a case of breaking trust.".

No Nisbett, It's a case of a shitty culture around the club, which you are first and foremost responsible for.

Now you are fining players for breaking a rule, that in your own words wasn't a rule?

Has been handled extremely poorly by the club and turned into a media circus purely from their own statements.
this !!

nobody has denied he wasn't there.You are the clown who insinuated i'm connected to him ,with your really clever "nice to hear from you Jackson".You are a deep thinker aren't you... Its pathetic that you went straight to his name. A real leader of the lynch mob... be proud of yourself... If i was connected to any of em i'd be showing them more support than what the leadership has. Thats the point you moron. They will have to own it . Just like you should own your pre- conceived assumptions with your Big boy pants...

Sorry jack but at age 26 with 8 years behind you setting standards should be the go.. your not a kid anymore no matter how much they might like to be..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W
Sorry jack but at age 26 with 8 years behind you setting standards should be the go.. your not a kid anymore no matter how much they might like to be..
WTF ?? can you read , or are you really just a mindless simpleton having a converastion with a West Coast player... get some help

Surely the real Jackson Nelson would have realized he’d done something very stupid, and wouldn’t be arguing til he’s blue in the face that it’s the club that’s solely to blame.

Personally I don't care who they were. Every single person on the list should know that this was a no-no.

I'd fine them all and suspend every last one of them for at least a week.
Talk to them and determine who were the leaders of the push and give them greater suspensions. 2 or 3 weeks.

This is a culture issue and a discipline issue (both club and personal) and a message has to be sent and received.

And if the AFL have a problem with us fielding a side of WAFL top-ups then f*** them too.

Pirates Of The Caribbean Code GIF by Brian Benns

1652077537255.png

Remove this Banner Ad

News Nelson, Rotham partied up at Hip E after Richmond shellacking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back