Never change the brownlow medal

Remove this Banner Ad

tombomb

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Have a look at the Dally M Medal on Fox Sports tonight.

What a pointless event. The players look so bored. Everyones looks bored actually.

Benji Marshall just scored 3 votes (points!) to get within 2 votes with a round to go .... and there wasnt any reaction at all

I thought it was done pretty well.

The Brownlow goes on for far too long, sometimes going over 3 hours in length (longer then a normal game).

While the Dally M is not as celebrated as the Brownlow, I think they have it partly right in only doing the last 10 rounds votes.

I'd still like to see the 3-2-1 read out by AD, but 24 rounds this year will be painful to watch.:thumbsdown:

Maybe just count down the second half of the season (12 rounds this year, 11 most others).

Billy Slater is a gun, gotta admit I didnt mind the straight to the point counting of the votes it didnt need the bullshit showmanship stretching it out for no reason the Brownlow has. Liked the fact they only read out the votes for the top 10 actually still in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brownlow should be more of an awards night, not just naming the Midfielder of the year, but stuff like goal, mark, game of the year (H&A), coach of the year, etc.

see what i did there!!! muhahah so hilarious

no; but I agree with you. All Australian could be in there to. But then you'd definately need to cut down the brownlow count. Could make it a more interesting night. Perhaps there could be an award for "craziest MRP decision"; but then the night would definately go too long showing the contenders...

see what i did there!!! muhahah so hilarious

no; but I agree with you. All Australian could be in there to. But then you'd definately need to cut down the brownlow count. Could make it a more interesting night. Perhaps there could be an award for "craziest MRP decision"; but then the night would definately go too long showing the contenders...

Well they can cut out most of the wank in between votes to announce goal and mark of the year, coach of the year etc. Those player interviews for the top 5 favourites or something are so lame.

Why not make it so they do 12 rounds of votes than announce all other awards. Mark and goal of the year, MVP, AA team, a quick preview for the grand final match up, coach of the year, courageous player ect (Pretty much everything but after each other so it only take an hour or two). Than do the next 12 rounds and announce the winner.

I dont mind the idea of Mark and Goal of the year and even the MVP being done on brownlow night, but i think the All Australian side should be kept as a separate event.

I thought it was done pretty well.

The Brownlow goes on for far too long, sometimes going over 3 hours in length (longer then a normal game).

While the Dally M is not as celebrated as the Brownlow, I think they have it partly right in only doing the last 10 rounds votes.

I'd still like to see the 3-2-1 read out by AD, but 24 rounds this year will be painful to watch.:thumbsdown:

Maybe just count down the second half of the season (12 rounds this year, 11 most others).
I love how they go through every round in the season. Brings back memories of awesome moments during the season and great individual efforts.

I love watching the brownlow. The players have a drink, we remember the year as it was, and get a look at the miss's. Obviously a better night if your not playing off in the granny, so your not on the waters.

The only bad thing about the brownlow is the recent thing there doing is making the favourites stand on stage before the votes start, and the host talks up there chances.... LAME :eek:

I enjoy the cringeworthy moments the brownlow presents such as Quartermaine's, 'Give us a wave Rebecca'. :D

I expect something similar from Bruce this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Never change the brownlow medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back