Opinion New AFC HQ: We're on like Donkey Kong!

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

lol, no big deal about a union leader dictating who the AFL employs and his words “this is going to cost the AFL a lot of ****ing money” is just the media.

I don’t agree with any standover tactics of the CMFEU however lets see what eventuates rather than jumping at potential shadows.

I don’t agree with any standover tactics of the CMFEU however let’s see what eventuates rather than jumping at potential shadows.
lol, who is jumping at shadows? It’s a reporting of what the ****er just said. Sack him or it’s going to cost them a lot of ****ing money, I hope he’s worth it.

Take off your lefty hat and call it for what it is, a thug trying to tell the AFL who it can employ, it’s a disgrace and none of you should try and just downplay it because you lean left.

Haven't been able to read the article - does Setka want the umpire boss sacked because he doesn't like how the game has been umpired?

No, it's because he was the former Commissioner of the ABCC.

This was Setka's comments about it

“They [the ABCC] were an anti-union busting organisation set up under a Coalition government and McBurney’s job was to sort of come after us, and come after our members, and it cost us millions of dollars,” Setka told 3AW on Wednesday morning. “It was just an ideological attack dog, which was condemned by the ILO, the International Labour Organisation, as being undemocratic and was designed to strip away workers’ rights and freedoms.

He's basically trying to get McBurney cancelled from the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did well.

Got us out of West Lakes into Thebby.
Got the SANFL $9,000,000
And Got them into new premises at West Lakes.

Like Oprah, he gave everyone a prize...

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You mean he got them to leave their home, relocate to where we don’t want to be and we’ve got the home we want.

No one can say he hasn’t done well given the lack of alternatives.

You mean he got them to leave their home, relocate to where we don’t want to be and we’ve got the home we want.

No one can say he hasn’t done well given the lack of alternatives.
As I said everyone wins.

Good outcome.

Next job, coach clean out.

Then logo change.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not a lot in the article. They've threatened the Tasmania stadium too

The laws pretty clear around strike action though. If challenged on a legal stand point, Setka would have to prove his stance has merit or the workers can be legally sacked for not turning up. Strikes are legal but only to an extent. Not sure hating on someone passes the legal threshold.

My god people are pathetic. It's like people who buy a house next to a pub and then complain about the noise.

If these people can show that they bought the house BEFORE football started at West Lakes, then sure. Otherwise, they bought their property knowing there was football there. Bit much to then complain about the noise football makes.

Isn't there a possibility that people who bought in the new development were told that the area would become open space at a point in the future?

Last edited:

How embarrassing for those individuals. There is dumb arguments and then there is dumb and frankly, they embarrassed themselves and you'd have to question whether they are of a sound mind. But then Ann Moran has been thick as bricks for decades on the Adelaide City Council so clearly brain power is not required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back