New AFL Video Game - Part 4 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i may have dreamed it but i seem to recall reading ross talking about when you are miles in front it will be easier for the team behind to catch up and harder for the team in front to pull away

its a mode that dates way back to NBA Jam and NBA live series

frustrating as hell

thats shit lol

its inbuilt in a lot of games , it helps the casual gamer stay involved and not lose heart when being thrashed cos they are so shit

i should rephrase though - i wont mind it being in this AFL game as long as you can turn it off in options
Hmmm, reminds me of the constant speculation that this type of system is in Modern Warfare 2, wouldn't surprise me, to be honest.

I don't think he did confirm it, but he did mention it being in most titles these days. I hope like grrfunger said, that it can be turned off in options 'cause I don't want to win every game. :(

yeh i hope you can switch the catchup thing off that will make it better for the gamers who are more advanced in the game

There was discussion but i don't recall Ross saying it was in the game. It was in afl 07 which is where the discussion originated from

AFL 07 last night.

Quarter Time:
Melbourne 8.5.53
Doggies 0.0.0

Dogs boot the next five goals.

It takes the realistic view out of the game if your winning every game coming from 6 goals down. I'd rather play a season and lose maybe 4/5/6 games then be 22-0 and smash every team
but then I don't want to be winning every by 10 goals +

It takes the realistic view out of the game if your winning every game coming from 6 goals down. I'd rather play a season and lose maybe 4/5/6 games then be 22-0 and smash every team
but then I don't want to be winning every by 10 goals +

thats exactly what i mean i want if im challenged or behind for the difficulty to remain hard so then theres a challenge within the game good point

I'd like to know in a bit more detail what "no third person" view actually means. Is that refering to the view that was called "end pan low" in the old AFL games. I really enjoyed using that view in the previous games and if it isn't in this game it would be a bit of a bumber. But the view that has been described as the default sounds like a Fifa-esque view which in theory could be really good. I guess I will have to wait for some game play footage to form an opinion, hoping we get some on Monday instead of just a TJ snippet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to know in a bit more detail what "no third person" view actually means. Is that refering to the view that was called "end pan low" in the old AFL games. I really enjoyed using that view in the previous games and if it isn't in this game it would be a bit of a bumber. But the view that has been described as the default sounds like a Fifa-esque view which in theory could be really good. I guess I will have to wait for some game play footage to form an opinion, hoping we get some on Monday instead of just a TJ snippet.

Third person is directly behind the player, as if the camera is hovering a few metres behind him.

Wouldn't mind first person if you get a one-person career mode in there for future versions

Third person is directly behind the player, as if the camera is hovering a few metres behind him.

Wouldn't mind first person if you get a one-person career mode in there for future versions
That's what I was thinking, but you never know. Ross' definition of Third person could be from further back. But yeah, true third person is close behind so it gives me hope of the view I was, and still am so used to.

do u think they should make a way to like sell a dummy to another player and then run past them or a way to take on another player

do u think they should make a way to like sell a dummy to another player and then run past them or a way to take on another player

Believe this has basically been confirmed. Not 100% sure on being able to 'dummy' but it has been stated that you will be able to draw in an opposition player and handball it off at the last second. I really, really......really want this game ASAP lol.

Ross said that when he said there was no third person view, he actually meant to say no first person view.

As for the catchup mode, I believe a member spoke about it and Ross said something about it being in some other games but never confirmed it would be in the AFL game.

Ross said that when he said there was no third person view, he actually meant to say no first person view.
No he meant 3rd person. As mentioned above, third person view is a camera fixed behind a specific player. The game will be played from a side on camera which shows a large area of the ground to enable the user to see what is up the field and spot up targets. This isn't third person, it's a side angle camera. The past AFL games had them but they weren't as far back as what has been mentioned by Ross.

I reckon for the second game (2011) BigAnt should put in NAB Challenge Matches for teams who are knocked out of the NAB Cup. Then in the third series (2012) have the WAFL,VFL,SANFL,NT Football League, Queensland Football League. it would give them two years to make the VFL and WAFL, but of course this is all to do with budget and whether BigAnt want to do it. But I am pretty sure it won happen, its just to big of a task.
It would actually be to do with licensing and not whether BigAnt want to do it. Just like any sports game in the world they need the license to create leagues in games. This is why you see a game like IC10 with England and Australia with all licensed outfits and players but every other team resorts to fake outfits and players names being changed up.

BigAnt would need the licenses of VFL, WAFL, SANFL, NT, QAFL and whatever other league they wanted to be able to have them in the game.

They can always have generic leagues (but then everyone will get shitty that they're generic).
i may have dreamed it but i seem to recall reading ross talking about when you are miles in front it will be easier for the team behind to catch up and harder for the team in front to pull away

its a mode that dates way back to NBA Jam and NBA live series

frustrating as hell
Catch up systems aren't aways the same. Different games can have them and have them work very well to the extent that the difficulty gets more challenging but it's not as if you just lie down while they turn to supermen. That sort of catch up system where you get no chance is generally gone.

If we had the choice of having it in or not, I would rather it be in. Because it will always throw up a challenge rather than have you just run away dominate with a match.

If you don't want a catch up system, play online.
I don't think he did confirm it, but he did mention it being in most titles these days. I hope like grrfunger said, that it can be turned off in options 'cause I don't want to win every game. :(
Then you would want it on.
Yeah I have since cheers!
Why didn't you do that before posting, as the thread title says???:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back