New AFL Video Game - Part 5 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have like different things like i don't like lord of the rings movie but people seem to like it so people have different tastes.. for mine Draft and Trade week should of been added.

Game Play is what makes every game based on the RL game its going to be VERY POOR and all this wait is all going to be for nothing.
BUT hopefully i am proven wrong

It Gives you random names for a reason.
now Commentary in the whole game has always been crap

Exactly. I for one don't care about season mode but am just focused on the title menu. I don't like the menu in RLL so therefore I am giving it a -3 on a scale of 1-10.

If the menu on the AFL game is similar to the RLL one the game should be priced at $20.

This is probably part of my ignorance but wouldnt something like including the draft and trade week be easy in comparison to programming gameplay, player imagery and tactics..
And if the game were to come out next year then wouldnt this give them sufficient time to include it if its going to course such a stir with gamers..

Feel free to tell me I'm wrong. :thumbsu:

This is probably part of my ignorance but wouldnt something like including the draft and trade week be easy in comparison to programming gameplay, player imagery and tactics..
And if the game were to come out next year then wouldnt this give them sufficient time to include it if its going to course such a stir with gamers..

It ain't stirring me trading was crap on the old games as well, in afl 2005 and 06 they accepted anything, i could offer scott harding for judd and they would accept.

BigAnt have a budget they have to stay under. This is not a EA Sports backed franchise that can have alot of money thrown at it.

First year was always about building the new engine and getting the game play right.

Stop all the Bit***** over a video game go do your homework you spoilt little brat Lmao I had to add that. You have a trade week kind of and I like that idea cause I won’t have 50 J.Browns running around with different heights weights positions etc.

BigAnt have a budget they have to stay under. This is not a EA Sports backed franchise that can have alot of money thrown at it.

First year was always about building the new engine and getting the game play right.

Good call :)
Ill back you guys in..
You sound like you panned for this and you know what you doing..:thumbsu:

Stop all the Bit***** over a video game go do your homework you spoilt little brat Lmao I had to add that. You have a trade week kind of and I like that idea cause I won’t have 50 J.Browns running around with different heights weights positions etc.

what??? i wasn't complaining anyway?

Going to be one of the WORST AFL games made. NO DRAFT or TRADE WEEK and you joking ?

One thing i like about Rating a game good is its season modes. how you can get new players and try and get a better team for the next year.

If i was Rating this game outta 10 , It has already started with a -2 before it even comes out.

I think if you want people to buy this crap you should sell it for around $50 cause it will get boring VERY VERY quick.

why not just scrap the season and just make it a online game to play against friends. till you get everything up and running better.

GOING to be a MASSIVE FAIL this game - Ill buy it just so you think its good and hopefully make a better game next time that HAS DRAFT AND TRADES

You want it to be like a Madden and Fifa? With everything rolled into one on the first shot?

Alright, amass 4 to 5 Million dollars, and give it all to Big Ant, and then we can discuss whether the developers did well with the funds at their disposal, stupid child.

If you want trading (which there is anyway) and drafting and that, then as someone already said, go play Premiership Coach. We play a GAME for the GAMEplay. And I'd rather have fun with my mates playing a realistic simulation of Aussie Rules, than a game with realistic trading and drafts where the whole game plays as TAP KICK MARK GOAL on repeat.

Was aimed at your other bummer fan and I have no questions at this stage in time.

Was aimed at your other bummer fan and I have no questions at this stage in time.
I recommend you use this little button
quote.gif
which is located in the bottom right of someone's post, so confusion doesn't arise in the future.

Maybe Ross should have drip fed us information since its suddenly become a very negative discussion. Before we knew anything about this game, the discussion generally drew out a 'all i want is good gameplay' remark. No one had any expectation for the game or it's features, they wanted a game that played well and that was good enough for them. Now we have found out that the game will have a significant amount of features and initially everyone was over the moon with this news.

Comparing it to RLL, whilst i can understand, isn't really fair as the game is being made by a different group and is totally different from a gameplay perspective. Stop with the negative feedback until we see the game in action. Until then you really can't draw any conclusions.

I for one cannot wait for this, I'm a sucker for AFL games and so this one has me very excited. That said, i enjoy the previous AFL titles so I'm easily pleased when it comes to AFL games.

Bring on the press release already :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have p/ship coach and its crap its bugs after bugs.

If your only after game play with no missions or anything to do.
how boring is it going to get after a few seasons playing with the same
players over n over n over.

It will only be good if you have mates to play it against

"other wise" It be crap FAIL bring on the next AFL GAME

In afl 2007 half the time you couldnt trade for who you wanted anyway and its way better being able to make your own players instead of drafting fake guys and then editing them and they end up looking nothing like the guy your trying to make

Poor effort on RLL, Big Ant Studios.

AAAAAaaaaaaaaannnnnddd..... how in gods name would you know how much effort they put into it?? Maybe your expectations were too high to begin with, they're a small company, not EA.

They're putting in the effort to give us all an AFL game, a bit of appreciation wouldn't got astray.

There's certainly a lot of complaining going on for a game that hasn't come out yet. I think the features of it look very promising. There's so many that I forget them all. You can swap players from team to team and you can retire players. That is trading in my opinion. Either way I am looking forward to it. Ashes Cricket 2009 got around 7/10 on most sites. Honestly I love that game and if AFL could be around the same graphics and gameplay wise I would be happy. But overall I think that AFL 2010/whatever wil be great. I wont be playing Rugby League as I am no way interested in so the waiting game will have to continue. Can't wait for online games and I wonder what the trophies will be.

True blue did publish all the league games so can't blame you for concerns over a League game.Wait until March next year you will get your answer.I rang and was told next year so your loss not mine E.Mails get you know where I waited for 20 mintunes and discussed it though I could be pulling your legs about March.

I would if i had the Money , and its just my view on the game no one said you have to base the game on my view did they ?
Mr Bomber, I suggest you stop complaining about a game you dont know crap about, if u had played it would be a different story. You should be thanking big ant for even making an Afl game let alone working on it since 2008. If your so critical already don't play it

let's face it...the game could never be as good as a FIFA or a madden, in terms of in depth or substance in its first outing. We can hope for fun gameplay and a season that throws up a some variety and choice.
That would be enough for a start.

let's face it...the game could never be as good as a FIFA or a madden, in terms of in depth or substance in its first outing. We can hope for fun gameplay and a season that throws up a some variety and choice.
That would be enough for a start.
Exactly this, but people like Bomber don't get it and criticize it before its come out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back