Not open for further replies.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Yep, JC will go into list management next year.

https://twitter.com/afl_katrinagill/status/85977799206248448

Matt Primus says he expects @PAFC to have new assistant coaches next year. Cripps to list manage from Melbourne #AFL

I felt this was worth it's own thread.

May I be the first to say :thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

Cripps is gone obviously, you'd have to assume Laidley can't stay on if he can't be here. So to start with we need coaches for midfield, defence and ruck. With Broges earmarked for a role with the ruckmen that vacancy might be filled.

Is Hocking forwards coach at the moment?

Lets put the AFL's money to good use. Who should we be targetting? Former Port players like Ladey and Monty? People without Port connections? Experience? Fresh retirees who might not cost as much but will be right in the swing of the modern game?

Exciting times ahead.

Mead defence coach, Brogs ruck coach and hopefully bring in a mid coach from some where else, not sure whos out there :p

Mead defence coach, Brogs ruck coach and hopefully bring in a mid coach from some where else, not sure whos out there :p

I like that! :thumbsu:

keep Buddha ... can we still get another in?

Why have JC as anything?????

... send him and Rhode to anywhere - one way ticket!

I felt this was worth it's own thread.

May I be the first to say :thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

Cripps is gone obviously, you'd have to assume Laidley can't stay on if he can't be here. So to start with we need coaches for midfield, defence and ruck. With Broges earmarked for a role with the ruckmen that vacancy might be filled.

Is Hocking forwards coach at the moment?

Lets put the AFL's money to good use. Who should we be targetting? Former Port players like Ladey and Monty? People without Port connections? Experience? Fresh retirees who might not cost as much but will be right in the swing of the modern game?

Exciting times ahead.

Cripps going from managing our back six to managing our entire list. Yeah!

Hey, can't be worse than trading in nash, delisting lower for harding, promoting wade thompson, drafting marlon motlop AND matt westhoff in the SAME dr... ah heck you get the idea

:( I read "for Melbourne" not "from Melbourne".

That said, Cripps doesn't seem to be able to line coach, but that doesn't neccessarily mean he can't list manage. He surely can't do a worse job than our current list manager. Maybe now we can have line coaches who have some grasp of what is required to play on that line, from sweeping teamwide strategy to the basics like say, marking the ball on your chest when it's kicked to you in an uncontested situation.

Camporeale, Hart, Clark, Bickley with Craig as mentor. It's a win win for both sides! We will throw in a set of steak knives!!

Matty mentioned this at the member's night too. Could be 2 midfield coaches next year.

They didn't speak specifically about the AFL package but clearly they are already spending the money. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Camporeale, Hart, Clark, Bickley with Craig as mentor. It's a win win for both sides! We will throw in a set of steak knives!!

only a win for you, franchise

I wonder how much of our restricted coaching spend was due to paying out Choco's contract?

Now that we have paid out Choco we should have more to spend on assistants before we even increase the budget.

Good point.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but surely our dearth of assistant coaches was due to Choco's payout taking such a huge chunk out of the budget. And Rob Lucas has the gall to accuse us of financial mismanagement!

I'll "see" your set of dud coaches and "raise" with a Ryan McMillan and a Jason Cripps...

At least this time all he has to do is pick who can and can't play, rather than actually having to teach someone how to play.

seriously, you reckon he can do that? :D

seriously, you reckon he can do that? :D

Isn't that what our scouts are for? A list manager tries to advise what sort of players we need which wuld be a directive from the coach.

At least we know when it comes to defenders he'll look for good spoilers :)

Roy Laird anyone?

think he would be a great general assistant!

He would also make a great AFL coach as well.......those premierships are all his doin' which still amazes me that he hasn't been picked up by any club for that matter..

To me, Roy Laird as an assistant to Primus doesn't sit well with me.....vice versa maybe...why, Laird has proven his worth I think.

Nevertheless, a coach of his quality wouldn't go astray at our club.

I do think that there is a requirement for an assistant who can oversee all coaches, ala bombers with Mark Thompson, Malthouse.....

An interesting set up is GWS, Sheedy and Choco......

Primus and ....

He would also make a great AFL coach as well.......those premierships are all his doin' which still amazes me that he hasn't been picked up by any club for that matter..

To me, Roy Laird as an assistant to Primus doesn't sit well with me.....vice versa maybe...why, Laird has proven his worth I think.

Nevertheless, a coach of his quality wouldn't go astray at our club.

I do think that there is a requirement for an assistant who can oversee all coaches, ala bombers with Mark Thompson, Malthouse.....

An interesting set up is GWS, Sheedy and Choco......

Primus and ....

Roy Laird has said time and time again that he's not interested in coaching in the AFL. I reckon he's also not a fan of big things that fly in the sky. Kinda makes it hard then.

With the AFL funding secured Port can talk publicly about bolstering its coaching and possibly on-field group.

Port's Plan To Muscle Up

Roy Laird has said time and time again that he's not interested in coaching in the AFL. I reckon he's also not a fan of big things that fly in the sky. Kinda makes it hard then.

Yeah, i was going to ad that as well, but I wasn't quite sure. Shame really, just shows he is a bloke who really knows what it takes to coach....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back