News New CEO - Shane Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

louie and mute prez all promoted from within

gimme some of what your popping as the writing is on the wall
yeh doesn’t mean Dunne is not the best person for the job. I am sure the independent company that did the process are more qualified to make that decision than you. Happy for Shane and i am sure will go well.

yeh doesn’t mean Dunne is not the best person for the job. I am sure the independent company that did the process are more qualified to make that decision than you. Happy for Shane and i am sure will go well.
3rd time lucky ah?

There appears to be a bit of an old boys' club about recent appointments, I think there is some genuine criticism there about the insular nature of a couple of recent hires/promotions.

Gale and Dimma leave the club after a period of enormous success, but the legacy they are leaving suggests their individual influence on the club's success may be somewhat overstated. A golden era tinged with selfish short-termism to benefit themselves over the club.

There appears to be a bit of an old boys' club about recent appointments, I think there is some genuine criticism there about the insular nature of a couple of recent hires/promotions.

Gale and Dimma leave the club after a period of enormous success, but the legacy they are leaving suggests their individual influence on the club's success may be somewhat overstated. A golden era tinged with selfish short-termism to benefit themselves over the club.
unbiased independent company was apart of the process, how about we appreciate the appointment without that old boys crap.

Who are the other boys club appointments?

Meehan seems to be the only one that I can think of and that was like 3 years ago now

We got the old Saints recruiting guy and all of our coaches have been outside hires apart from Lambert who is only an assistant

Newman and Caracalla maybe but in the same token they have both been elsewhere and made strong names for themselves and be astute pick ups for any club

Agree but Geesook are the leaders at appointing from within their old boys club and its been working for them for a long time. Lets see how it pans out. Shane just needs to be strong enough to clear out the deadwood and build a new culture and all good.

unbiased independent company was apart of the process, how about we appreciate the appointment without that old boys crap.
As someone who's spent enough time in consulting, an 'unbiased independent company' can often just be the facade used to justify a decision that was already made. Equally, the recommendation of the 'unbiased independent company' can be influenced or ignored.

Meehan seems to be the only one that I can think of and that was like 3 years ago now

We got the old Saints recruiting guy and all of our coaches have been outside hires apart from Lambert who is only an assistant

Newman and Caracalla maybe but in the same token they have both been elsewhere and made strong names for themselves and be astute pick ups for any club
Would like to see the Punt Rd redevelopment plans change to incorporate an Aligned Leisure business for the local community ... having the KGI and Bachar Houli facilities but nothing for the local community does make it feel like it has been lost that it is the RICHMOND football club.

Last edited:

Maric, Rutten, Newman, Caracella, Lambert, Meehan

There's a few. Definitely not enough to be conclusive, but enough to be a red flag

There's a few. Definitely not enough to be conclusive, but enough to be a red flag
Bit of the stretch to include Maric been in the job almost a decade
Might be time to look at someone new but hardly a new boys club type appointment

Would like to see the Punt Rd redevelopment plans change to incorporate an Aligned Leisure business for the local community ... having the KGI and Bachar Houli facilities but nothing for the local community does make it feel like it has been lost that it is the RICHMOND football club
Might be a space issue
As it stands we have pretty much maxed out the available land hence the carpark needing to go underground

Not sure what your point is , for mine this candidate easily had the best credentials , presiding over the a,aligned leisure that’s been undoubtedly a stunning success as a pivotal rev arm to the RFC that is now pushing a 100mn turnover . He’s a younger bloke which is good as that comes with ambition . To come in at this point in time with us being at a fork in the road is an exciting dawn , good luck dunny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if you said the cats and swans where benchmark clubs as perennial contenders perhaps review the key personal involved their . Your theme has more to do with superstition than sound business principles. Perhaps stay in your lane ,

Understandable I guess but just because one seemingly hasn’t worked out doesn’t mean all internal appointments will be the same

It’s not like Dunne is just the coffee boy or anything he’s already done some very impressive stuff within the organisation in his own right in the same job essentially

I’m optimistic about the appointment at this stage
I just hope the tides start to turn... sick of everyone wanting out & we be getting a lot of same same back at the club with Rutten & Caracella.

I definitely do think there is a bit of boy's club mentality at the club not saying Cara isn't a good appointment just seems odd he is coming back.

It’s a sound appointment for my thinking. Would already have strong relationships at RFC. So would likely not need a long settling in period? This would almost be like a succession plan, which for me is ideal.

It would have been a risk (if so) cos if a candidate shows up that is just outstanding (Shane) may have been blown away? But he’d be across the club in many ways, seems to bring both qualifications, experience & existing connections. Looks a solid appointment. As seamless as we could hope for with minimal disruption ( especially with all the infield changes)Not sure we could say that about the other candidates?

Yeah I like this - plenty of ex footballer CEO's struggle with not meddling in football related issues too much - Benny struck a good balance IMO.
Shane Dunne is a successful contemporary businessman (rather than a dinosaur) and is perfectly credentialed to take our re-building (now young) group and front office forward.

No one can guarantee success, but I like the fresh breeze that this appointment offers.

Who's in charge of the football department going into 2025? Bear in mind we are just about to finish our worst season in history (2 wins).
I wouldn’t be looking to move on Balir
Been a lot of change over the last 2 years already and will still need some older heads in the area

Maybe in 2-3 seasons time

Well if you said the cats and swans where benchmark clubs as perennial contenders perhaps review the key personal involved their . Your theme has more to do with superstition than sound business principles. Perhaps stay in your lane ,
Mate if everyone on here stayed in their lane the forum would be dead, and you have no evidence to conclusively say that this isn't my lane.

Regardless, ease off on the condescending criticism on a tentative statement, it doesn't cost you anything to be respectful.

At the same time, if you're genuinely equating nepotism with 'sound business principles', then I've got nothing to say to you.

I'm not even making conclusive statements, I'm saying it's a risk to be aware of.

Bit of the stretch to include Maric been in the job almost a decade
Might be time to look at someone new but hardly a new boys club type appointment
Yeah I'm not saying it is conclusive, more something to be aware of as we've riding our success until this year. Looking at Dimma's work at GC, perhaps the boys' club culture has moved over there.

Who's in charge of the football department going into 2025? Bear in mind we are just about to finish our worst season in history (2 wins).
Little bit of scuttle but re livo ,,, wouldn’t be worse thing in world if he moved on , that role would be filled by up and comer from a leading club looking for a step up ,watch this space I think

Remove this Banner Ad

News New CEO - Shane Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back