News New CEO - Shane Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

Well-spoken, very switched on and being CEO of Australia's fastest growing "community leisure centre organisation" means he has runs on the board. Aligned Leisure employ1800 staff and currently turning over 67 mill. With continued sustainable growth they are looking to turnover 100 mill

The CEO's job is to drive business, plan and oversee developments etc, this guy is doing it. When the search for the new CEO started I was thinking of someone well-known from within footy circles. But the bottom line is we want someone who is a progressive individual who has the drive to plan and oversee the growth and development of the business.

Benny Gale has spoken about Aligned Leisure a lot being wholly owned by Richmond. No doubt he would've been in daily contact with Shane Dunne on business matters. I'm sure the board has seen first-hand what he has achieved and believe he can carry on from Gale's excellent track record over the past 15 years.

About Shane Dunne (LinkedIn)

"An experienced executive and director with proven abilities in commercial operations, strategic development and implementation, financial management and operational excellence in sport, leisure, major events and recreation.

A well respected leader with 20 years experience successfully managing performance and developing strong culture in large staffing teams.

Specialties: Strategic planning and execution, Government liaison, Financial Management, Venue Management, Sports, Fitness and Recreation, Competitive Tendering, Event Management, Human Resource Management, Business Development."

* General Manager - Aligned Leisure & Education
Richmond Football Club · Full-time Oct 2014 - Present · 9 yrs 11 mths

* Chief Executive Officer
Aligned Leisure Mar 2016 - Present · 8 yrs 6 mths

* Non Executive Director
Life Saving Victoria Jan 2018 - Feb 2024 · 6 yrs 2 mths

*YMCA Vic Regional Dev. Manager, Nov 2009 - Oct 2014.

* Event Services Deputy Manager, ExCeL Event Services Deputy Manager, ExCeL

London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games London, Apr 2012 - Sep 2012 · 6 mos London, United Kingdom.

Planned and executed spectator experience at ExCeL, the most complex venue in Olympic history hosting 1.2M spectators, 7 sports in 5 arenas over 16 days.

* Harvard Law School Program on Negotiation and Leadership.

* Victoria University, M.B.A., Business Administration Management and Operations.

Well-spoken, very switched on and being CEO of Australia's fastest growing "community leisure centre organisation" means he has runs on the board. Aligned Leisure employ1800 staff and currently turning over 67 mill. With continued sustainable growth they are looking to turnover 100 mill

The CEO's job is to drive business, plan and oversee developments etc, this guy is doing it. When the search for the new CEO started I was thinking of someone well-known from within footy circles. But the bottom line is we want someone who is a progressive individual who has the drive to plan and oversee the growth and development of the business.

Benny Gale has spoken about Aligned Leisure a lot being wholly owned by Richmond. No doubt he would've been in daily contact with Shane Dunne on business matters. I'm sure the board has seen first-hand what he has achieved and believe he can carry on from Gale's excellent track record over the past 15 years.

"An experienced executive and director with proven abilities in commercial operations, strategic development and implementation, financial management and operational excellence in sport, leisure, major events and recreation.

A well respected leader with 20 years experience successfully managing performance and developing strong culture in large staffing teams.

Specialties: Strategic planning and execution, Government liaison, Financial Management, Venue Management, Sports, Fitness and Recreation, Competitive Tendering, Event Management, Human Resource Management, Business Development."

* Non Executive Director

London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games London, Apr 2012 - Sep 2012 · 6 mos London, United Kingdom.

Planned and executed spectator experience at ExCeL, the most complex venue in Olympic history hosting 1.2M spectators, 7 sports in 5 arenas over 16 days.

* Victoria University, M.B.A., Business Administration Management and Operations.

Maybe the club knows what it’s doing. Develop talent through an incubator like allied leisure prove yourself and then have a crack at the best job in the land.

Very smart. Very very smart.

We have failed to adjust to the fitness and play required to be successful under the Stand Rule ... Newman (and Yze but Melbourne' style from 21 is outdated already) are the only persons that has been exposed to a successful program in the last 4 years ... not one person in our program has won a final in the last 3 years ...

We need an external review ... and an experienced Director of Football from elsewhere ... with a background at Geelong or Collingwood or Sydney who have all risen like a Phoenix to compete against multiple times over the last decade
We competed multiple times over the last decade and were the more successful than all the team you mentioned.

Winning a number of flags in a short period, including back to back flags, under the AFL's equalisation measures unfortunately comes at a price.

We competed multiple times over the last decade and were the more successful than all the team you mentioned.

Winning a number of flags in a short period, including back to back flags, under the AFL's equalisation measures unfortunately comes at a price.
Don’t argue with common sense , it’ll get u nowhere, swans are underpinned by academy freebies and the cats are fortunate that there lynch equivalent has played more than 6 games in 2y if the same misfortune that befell Lynchy happened to their key forwards they too would be bottom 4

If we don’t see a media article using his last name as a pun I’ll be really upset

Maybe something like
“It’s time to get things Dunne”

Interesting that they went with a hybrid AFL and business CEO. Sort of insider and outsider all at once. But very much a focus on the business side rather than the footy side. Which if he is good at it is what you want. You definitively don't want the CEO running the Footy Dept. But you do want them setting things up so that they have the right people, resources and long term outlook.

It depends on how you measure success ... Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood and Sydney have all made grand finals in every decade for 40 years ... I would think most supporters would rather Richmond be like these clubs and return to contention in the next couple of years ... at the moment we look more like Essendon or North Melbourne headed for 20 years in the wilderness

... we have Newman who was part of the rebuild at Hawthorn ... but otherwise we have no-one in the organisation that has gone through a successful revival ... adding a Football Director from one of these other successful clubs that have managed to evade equalisation - to provide their experience - makes sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* Non Executive Director

DickieKnee should move to greenzy and do his pilates here

It depends on how you measure success ... Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood and Sydney have all made grand finals in every decade for 40 years ... I would think most supporters would rather Richmond be like these clubs and return to contention in the next couple of years ... at the moment we look more like Essendon or North Melbourne headed for 20 years in the wilderness

... we have Newman who was part of the rebuild at Hawthorn ... but otherwise we have no-one in the organisation that has gone through a successful revival ... adding a Football Director from one of these other successful clubs that have managed to evade equalisation - to provide their experience - makes sense
Well should the next 6-8w pan out like it’s expected we will be taking drastic action to relaunch this team. Our football heads built this dynasty , this is the first chance to take a new direction , I wish them luck , coz we haven’t had any lately doing fa

Interesting that they went with a hybrid AFL and business CEO. Sort of insider and outsider all at once. But very much a focus on the business side rather than the footy side. Which if he is good at it is what you want. You definitively don't want the CEO running the Footy Dept. But you do want them setting things up so that they have the right people, resources and long term outlook.
He’s got a good background for mine , needs to work out quickly whether Livo is in it for the long haul coz he occupies a very important role , if he’s sleeping with the enemy , then it’s a very good time to get a hot shot into that high performance role and report into the ceo

Not against this as i don't know him or what he has done or can do. Only thing that bothers me is I just feel we are going back to those long dreadful days. Promising people the jobs only to stab them in the back eg Malthouse and now Mathews.
All the people leaving is there anyone left perhaps the boot man and the drink lady.
If this dude is as quiet as all the other newish hell fit right in. Anyway lets wait and see what the future brings.

Not against this as i don't know him or what he has done or can do. Only thing that bothers me is I just feel we are going back to those long dreadful days. Promising people the jobs only to stab them in the back eg Malthouse and now Mathews.
All the people leaving is there anyone left perhaps the boot man and the drink lady.
If this dude is as quiet as all the other newish hell fit right in. Anyway lets wait and see what the future brings.
Watch the video of him at the leisure centre, and read what he has done you would be impressed. When was Mathew’s promised seems unlikely.

Watch the video of him at the leisure centre, and read what he has done you would be impressed. When was Mathew’s promised seems unlikely.
Was promised ages a go. Anyway I don't need to read like I said I don't know anything about all I want to know is what I see and what he does from now on.

Yes it does depend on how you measure success. Is just making the finals good enough? Geelong fans always boast about how good they’ve been for nearly 20 years. If they’re that good then surely they should have won the flag more often than they have. Same for Pies and Swans.

In my opinion if you don’t win the flag, the year is not a success. Of course you don’t want to be cellar dwellers for years on end either.

I agree a Football Director from one of these successful clubs would be a good idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New CEO - Shane Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back