News New CEO - Shane Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm glad you're not either. Simon Lloyd is more than just an ex-footy player LOL, how about doing some research first. Hopefully it’s Lloyd so I can watch you melt.
I’ve had senior roles in top global orgs , know a bit about leadership Lloyd hasn’t lead an organisation he’s lead a footy dept bit like Blair Hartley , significant diff skill set
I’m not saying he couldn’t grow into the role , but me thinks we’re too large to put someone with training wheels in there ,

Better off outside the club. Will support whoever gets it.
Why better off ? That would be the case if we were a basket case ,the clubs never been in a better position since 1885 succession is what successful organizations typically do, it would t at all surprise if it were Matthew’s , I too will support whatever decision they make , some good heads involved

Why better off ? That would be the case if we were a basket case ,the clubs never been in a better position since 1885 succession is what successful organizations typically do, it would t at all surprise if it were Matthew’s , I too will support whatever decision they make , some good heads involved
Just my view, I believe better someone outside the club but happy either way.

Another boys club decision made by a club that has lost the plot and lost its hunger to be the best after drinking too much of its own bath water from the past era that should be a distant, but glorious, memory.

Club will be back in the wilderness for years.
Based on what the top 3 candidates?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Successful organisations do promote from within but they do so from a long way off. Tim Cook wasn't announced out of the blue. He was already COO and was tapped on the shoulder to be the successor of Jobs.

The one thing a lot of these successful organisations do with internal promotions is pull someone into areas were they will learn what they need to and then start a long hand over period.

Simon Matthews is the Chief of Marketing. For someone that is head of marketing his LinkedIn (his own personal brand) is woefully inadequate. It doesn't even have his history of employment.

Another thing that I would say is a black mark on Matthew’s head is the delay in decision. You can say "Well we wanted to do our due diligence and see what else is out there because we don't want to miss the best". Sure, that is an argument. The easy counter is that if Matthews was such a great candidate for an internal move, he would of started taking on more responsibility as soon as Gale had those early "I'm done" chats last year with O'Rouke. This would of lead to the announcement as soon as Gale said he was leaving. The fact that this didn't happen tells the world that whilst he may be considered now, he wasn't considered when it was critical.

Now you can reject that scenario. The only other real alternative would be that we have been asleep at the wheel the entire process. If this is the case then an internal promotion would be the worst thing we could do.

We should look to someone like Simon Lloyd (who has held a wide range of Football Roles) or someone who is already had CEO type positions at successful sporting organisations. A marketer is just a snake oil salesman with a more legitimate product but far worse morals.

Show me where it says that? All I read was he was fav, means nothing until it’s official. Even if that’s the case everyone deserves the chance if successful during the process.
That is completely untrue. Just because someone is successful doesn't mean they deserve a chance.

Laura Kane was Head of Footy Ops and GM of Footy Ops and Strategy at North Melbourne when the joint exploded. Such a black mark on her record to be the lead person who oversaw what at best could be described as "challenging times" and more accurately as "a shit show of epic proportions that masochists found extreme". Just because she was successful in the AFL process doesn't mean she deserves a chance in her current position. You could easily argue that she saw S Hocking racing to the the bottom and she said "Hold my beer".

What if Jordan Belfort came to the country and charmed his way into the position? Should he be given a chance?

Hypothetically what if I managed to blackmail my way into the job; should I be given a chance?

we are farrked

sub par coaching appointment

sub par fitness manager promoted from within

sub par 'nice bloke' presidential appointment from within

now another sub par from within appointment for ceo

on a side note, we will win the premiership for non footballing woke matters

Successful organisations do promote from within but they do so from a long way off. Tim Cook wasn't announced out of the blue. He was already COO and was tapped on the shoulder to be the successor of Jobs.

The one thing a lot of these successful organisations do with internal promotions is pull someone into areas were they will learn what they need to and then start a long hand over period.

Simon Matthews is the Chief of Marketing. For someone that is head of marketing his LinkedIn (his own personal brand) is woefully inadequate. It doesn't even have his history of employment.

Another thing that I would say is a black mark on Matthew’s head is the delay in decision. You can say "Well we wanted to do our due diligence and see what else is out there because we don't want to miss the best". Sure, that is an argument. The easy counter is that if Matthews was such a great candidate for an internal move, he would of started taking on more responsibility as soon as Gale had those early "I'm done" chats last year with O'Rouke. This would of lead to the announcement as soon as Gale said he was leaving. The fact that this didn't happen tells the world that whilst he may be considered now, he wasn't considered when it was critical.

Now you can reject that scenario. The only other real alternative would be that we have been asleep at the wheel the entire process. If this is the case then an internal promotion would be the worst thing we could do.

We should look to someone like Simon Lloyd (who has held a wide range of Football Roles) or someone who is already had CEO type positions at successful sporting organisations. A marketer is just a snake oil salesman with a more legitimate product but far worse morals.
Fair bit of hogwash in all of that , nothing of any substance, the fact he’s been 2ic in our org for some time is significant, did you miss the bit we are in the best shape the clubs been in since 1885 ,,,and ffs the fact we haven’t got a tall forward doesn’t come into it
I don’t mind if the board take a geelong bloke , they’ve been an exceptional club and are also well versed on sourcing govt grants , we ll soon see

Fair bit of hogwash in all of that , nothing of any substance, the fact he’s been 2ic in our org for some time is significant, did you miss the bit we are in the best shape the clubs been in since 1885 ,,,and ffs the fact we haven’t got a tall forward doesn’t come into it
I don’t mind if the board take a geelong bloke , they’ve been an exceptional club and are also well versed on sourcing govt grants , we ll soon see
How about you refute the claims with a counter argument? You're boxing with shadows as well. I never said anything about a tall forward.

we are farrked

Show me again where it has been announced as official? Favourite means nothing.

we are farrked

Agree on all of this except the coaching appointment.
Yze was the best available.

You can add to that a sub-par redevelopment....have they explained how its blown out by 60 million yet?????

I don’t know where the CEO 2IC is the ****ing Chief of Marketing 😂

I’ve lived a corporate life and it’s astonishing looking back and seeing my Chief of Marketing being the one to take over the CEO long term.

COO, CFO understandable. Chief of ****ing Marketing. What a gimmick club we are!

Again show me where it was announced Simon Matthews got it? Can’t because it wasn’t.

I’m talking about how he’s been regarded as CEO 2IC as the Chief of Marketing. Not that he’s got the job.

If he gets the job, I’ll then go nuts. He’s not fit for the role. Simple. Shouldn’t even be in the running.

If he’s stated to us like I’ve heard he will depart if he doesn’t get the gig, pack his ****ing bags.

There’s thousands of other Chief of Marketing people out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New CEO - Shane Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back