Prog Rocker

BigFooty Member
Apr 20, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat
The Essendon Football Club have been told by the AFL that they must design a "lighter" clash jumper for season 2011,either white as a main color or silver/white.Has anyone got any ideas? Would love to see some designs!................:thumbsu:

What about fading the black into a light grey, and the red into a sort of pink-like (a la Bears) colour? Keeps the design, and the colours, intact.

Failing that, could make the sash so big that the jumper is wholly red, with just a few tiny black bits on the sides...

Don't mind a silver jumper with red sash,but we can't just expand the red sash again, it has to be a "light" clash jumper

essendon.jpg

essendon2.jpg

essendon3.jpg

Yeah, I was only going to put the silver one up, but when I went to get the IMG code, that one was right there, so I thought I might as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like it Heyzeus, maybe try just one shade of silver? :thumbsu:

Yeah I tried that but I like it more with the two shades of silver, which are the light and shadow on the bomber logo. It also makes the "V" a bit 3D at the point.

By the way I love your white bombers jumper with the red and black sash! :thumbsu: Personally I think it looks heaps better than the silver ones that I've seen.....it's almost got a bit of a German soccer team feel to it (minus the yellow of course).

Didn't Melbourne cop heaps of crap when they used silver because it wasn't one of their colours? It all depends on who they consider the clash to be with. The all red one is good, would clash with no one other than Sydney and Gold Coast against which the traditional jumper would be fine.

Didn't Melbourne cop heaps of crap when they used silver because it wasn't one of their colours? It all depends on who they consider the clash to be with. The all red one is good, would clash with no one other than Sydney and Gold Coast against which the traditional jumper would be fine.
From 2011 Red is considered a Dark colour by the AFL.
Clubs need a Light and a Dark uniform, therefore, if their other main colour is also a Dark colour, eg Black or Navy, then they need a light colour.
Essendon are expected to use Titanium Silver as it is the colour of the plane in the logo.

From 2011 Red is considered a Dark colour by the AFL.
Clubs need a Light and a Dark uniform, therefore, if their other main colour is also a Dark colour, eg Black or Navy, then they need a light colour.
Essendon are expected to use Titanium Silver as it is the colour of the plane in the logo.
Red isn't dark :(

As strong as my opinion is, that every team needs a dark and light jumper/kit, the designs need to be judged on an individual basis.

Essendon for example has a home jumper which is a majority black and if they just inverted their colours they would have a clash jumper that is a majority red. Now the black home kit has been deamed to clash with Richmond, Melbourne and St. Kilda, correct?? (feel free to corrrect me if need be, im not 100% sure) Now a red clash would fix all these clashes. The black jumper with white shorts could be worn away vs Sydney and the GC, therefore Essendon would not clash with anyone in the AFL.

As strong as my opinion is, that every team needs a dark and light jumper/kit, the designs need to be judged on an individual basis.

Essendon for example has a home jumper which is a majority black and if they just inverted their colours they would have a clash jumper that is a majority red. Now the black home kit has been deamed to clash with Richmond, Melbourne and St. Kilda, correct?? (feel free to corrrect me if need be, im not 100% sure) Now a red clash would fix all these clashes. The black jumper with white shorts could be worn away vs Sydney and the GC, therefore Essendon would not clash with anyone in the AFL.

Agreed. All a club needs to do is look at all the other home jumpers and design an away kit which doesn't clash with any others. If one doesn't solve this clash problem, only then should a third design be introduced. It's not exactly rocket surgery, is it?

Agreed. All a club needs to do is look at all the other home jumpers and design an away kit which doesn't clash with any others. If one doesn't solve this clash problem, only then should a third design be introduced. It's not exactly rocket surgery, is it?
100% correct. If every clash cannot be avoided with one clash jumper the home jumper should suffice as Ive just mentioned with Essendon. So really there should be no need at all for a third jumper.

Agree 100% with you both. It's why Collingwood can have a dark home and light clash guernsey, but still clash with North Melbourne.

Clubs should produce a home guernsey, then enough clash guernseys that they are able to avoid clashes with every other club's home strips. If that means you need 2 clash strips, so be it.

Agree 100% with you both. It's why Collingwood can have a dark home and light clash guernsey, but still clash with North Melbourne.

Clubs should produce a home guernsey, then enough clash guernseys that they are able to avoid clashes with every other club's home strips. If that means you need 2 clash strips, so be it.

But we all know that Collingwood invented black and white stripes. Any other style just wouldn't wash with the original magpies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop New Clash Jumper for Essendon in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back