Workshop New Clash Jumper for Essendon in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Took on some of your comments Willo, came up with this.
The sash is a little dodgey and I couldn't successfully get red on the other side of the bottom black stripe... I can see where your getting at but. I do like the new socks better though
essendon2011clash.png

Yes and yes.
"Suicide Bombers", and I do remember the bullets sash - it was a Richmond strip, I saw it on the honour board.

This was originally by LeeARM. One of the best jumper concepts I've seen.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662620&page=4

This design looks awesome and maintains the tradition of the red sash while incorporating the modern day logo. It's about 1000 times better than the current clash jumpers of Hawthorn, Adelaide and West Coast. Someone should seriously send it to the club and AFL. One minor change I'd make is to have the numbers red with thick black outline.

This design looks awesome and maintains the tradition of the red sash while incorporating the modern day logo. It's about 1000 times better than the current clash jumpers of Hawthorn, Adelaide and West Coast. Someone should seriously send it to the club and AFL. One minor change I'd make is to have the numbers red with thick black outline.

Silver shorts as well IMO. Socks need some silver on them to match as well.

Must admit that when I first saw the logo on the jumper I thought it looked hideous and was an abomination. It has started to grow on me though. I like the concept of the sash being the trail of jetfire etc coming from the bomber. :thumbsu:

I love that design from LeeARM. Ive seen a couple in this thread that just have the red sach trailing the bomber plane and they would be good designs, but the black tapers just add that X factor and make the whole desin look intense.

I agree with parnon1a, you should send this off to Essendon LeeARM :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LeeArm's jumper needs no alterations - it's something their many young fans can identify with. The front is Bomberish, the back is plain, the shorts are white because it's used in away games. I can't see much wrong with it.

yep, definitely agree, send it in LeeARM its brilliant!
Much better than that hideous fat sash that doesnt even work...

Also write in the email that a large majority of fans liked the idea after asking their opinions in a public forum, might help..

Would buy one straight away if Essendon released that.

Thanks for the comments everyone but as a Bomber fan, I don't really like it that much. I think it looks cool but Essendon is more of a traditional club and this jumper would have the supporters in uproar while I just sit their pretending I have nothing to do with it.

Okay, I'll be honest, any clash jumper will anger Essendon fans.
I'll send it in anyway, couldn't hurt.

Look at it this way... no matter what happens, supporters are going to be in uproar. It's the nature of the issue. Those fans in uproar (i.e. if/when it happens) should just suck it up and stop being pussies about it.

LeeArm's jumper needs no alterations - it's something their many young fans can identify with. The front is Bomberish, the back is plain, the shorts are white because it's used in away games. I can't see much wrong with it.

Away/clash shorts don't have to white though. I remember Essendon wearing red shorts in away games against saints. Sure other clubs have done similar.

Looks much better when the shorts match the jumper.

:)

LeeARM's guernsey with the tapering black stripes surrounding the sash is brilliant. It's such a simple concept that absolutely brings the jumper to life. Brilliant design.

You should definitely email that in.

New Essendon Clash

I thought I might have a try at an Essendon Clash. I want to know what Essendon supporters think, not West coast, so keep that in mind. Sorry if that's being a d***.

2ik6ziq.png

This is a lot like what some people have suggested for a clash. Basically, just the Essendon colours inverted.

2924jki.png

Gray has been thrown around as a possible colour for Essendons clash, but maybe a reddish pink too?

219szk4.png

Playing around with 2 shades of orange.

So what do Essendon supporters think?

Re: New Essendon Clash

I know you dont particularly care what I think but inverted red and black would be great IMO. That being said the AFL is clasing red as a dark colour now so their clash has to be white or silver (or some other random colour)

Here's a link to the thread you shouldve posted this in
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=733677

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop New Clash Jumper for Essendon in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back