Workshop New Clash Jumper for Essendon in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree 100% with you both. It's why Collingwood can have a dark home and light clash guernsey, but still clash with North Melbourne.

Clubs should produce a home guernsey, then enough clash guernseys that they are able to avoid clashes with every other club's home strips. If that means you need 2 clash strips, so be it.
Every club has one design, that stays close enough to their heritage and still avoids every clash.

If a club refuses to make an appropriate clash jumper they should have one forced on them by the AFL and if theydont wear it in the games that have been predetermined at the begining of the season they get fined $10,000 per player that does not wear the clash and forfeit the match. Harsh I know but the AFL really needs to put its foot down and demand a light kit and dark kit or as I see it now they have made red a dark colour a home kit and clash kit. The clash games need to be decided at the begining of the year and wearing of clash kits needs to be enforced the whole way through the year.

If clubs like Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond dont like it they just need to suck it up and think that it is only a few games a year that they will be forced to wear an untraditional clash kit, the other 17-18 games they can wear their prized white in black stripes that they only started wearing in 2000 or 2001. [cough]stupiddicks[/cough]

As strong as my opinion is, that every team needs a dark and light jumper/kit, the designs need to be judged on an individual basis.

Essendon for example has a home jumper which is a majority black and if they just inverted their colours they would have a clash jumper that is a majority red. Now the black home kit has been deamed to clash with Richmond, Melbourne and St. Kilda, correct?? (feel free to corrrect me if need be, im not 100% sure) Now a red clash would fix all these clashes. The black jumper with white shorts could be worn away vs Sydney and the GC, therefore Essendon would not clash with anyone in the AFL.

Nobody has ever worn white shorts against Sydney.

efcclash.png

Whats stopping them from just reversing the colours? Black sash on red? That'll do the trick. Failing that, I like the red sash on white idea. I think introducing the white, red and black altogether just isn't essendon.

Apparently the AFL is going to consider red a dark colour as of next year. This means Sydney will have to wear white shorts and that mostly white clash they wore in the preseson, Essendon will have to make a grey/silver or white clash and GC will have to wear their white clash.

As much as I agree with this light and dark jumpers set up, I think each jumper should be judged on its merits and clash jumpers only worn when neccessary. Essendon's clash problem would be solved with an inverted clash which they can wear against Melbourne, St Kilda and Richmond. They can wear their home with white shorts against Sydney and GC.

So really the only thing that needs to happen IMO is an Essendon clash.

Yeh. Some of them look horrible though like Richmond's pre season(??) a couple of years ago, but that had a yellowish tinge in the grey.

It was officially silver :) Don't recall a yellow tinge - maybe you saw a dodgy picture?
Richmond's first silver preseason guernsey was good with a tiger head in full colour. After that we got a black drawing of the head which sucked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was officially silver :) Don't recall a yellow tinge - maybe you saw a dodgy picture?
Richmond's first silver preseason guernsey was good with a tiger head in full colour. After that we got a black drawing of the head which sucked.
No it wasnt. These are colours I got from footyjumpers.com and Wiki.

Offical silver-#C0C0C0
Tiger's '05&'06 Pre-Season Jumper base colour-#B3B3A1
Silver's Wiki
Richmond-PS-2005.gif

Use the current design, replace the black with titanium silver. Silver shorts as well.

Maybe border the arm/neck holes in black.

Done.

I like the idea, but it doesn't really work. Maybe if it was more even and angled with the stripe it would.

I thought it was even? I must be cross-eyed.

I played with a few different angles for it and that one was the best one I came up with.

FWIW though, The jumper with a red sash with a thick black border I think would be a perfect clash strip. Probably with a sliver base colour to remove St Kilda links.

EDIT: It's on page one.

I think what you're saying Liam Boy is valid, but for a hobbyist to achieve it, it's pretty difficult - curved elements bug me because they keep going uneven. Easty's done a great job with that sash :thumbsu:

Don't mind that. Maybe try having the black swerve towards the bottom of the sash as well?

And maybe some different socks.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop New Clash Jumper for Essendon in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back