New Coach - Someone few have mentioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
With all this talk about Sheedy/Malthouse/Hardwick/Buckley/Hird etc, there is a name that has escaped consideration.

The positives are many:

He is young.
He has had experience as a senior coach (not AFL).
Those running that club were very impressed with him.
He is involved with the improvement of one of the sides that has seemed to have passed us rapidly this season.
He seems to have a cool head.
He knows of up and coming talent in the west.
He is a "Richmond Man" (for those who think that this is important).

He is Ashley Prescott.

Thoughts?

Exactly the profile and age I'd be looking at.

Get him, or someone similar ( why not him? ) in and say "Look mate here is your big chance. You know the potential. You know what could happen here if we got it together. You have your chance. You have a half decent list to develop. Go for it." Blues and Bombers wentyoung and new. I'm not saying copy them but let's do it anyway.

i was a fan of prescott as a player and imagine he would be as professional a coach as he was a footballer. would be right up there in terms of quality imho.

IMHO...this job is too tough for a rookie...our only hope is that an old stager that knows the smell of success or in the case of a rookie by some ****en miracle he's JFK/Napoleon/Lord Nelson/Alexander the Great roled into one...know which horse Id be backing:rolleyes:

It was felt that Essendon was heading for many years down the bottom, but suddenly their future looks rosy. The fact is they took a risk with an untried youngster and it has paid dividends.
It's almost like the game itself; unless you take the game on and take risks, you are going to sink. Playing safe, with an old coach, maybe exactly what we don't need......Malthouse's game plan of running the flanks is not what Richmond needs, although his toughness would be welcome.

It was felt that Essendon was heading for many years down the bottom, but suddenly their future looks rosy. The fact is they took a risk with an untried youngster and it has paid dividends.
It's almost like the game itself; unless you take the game on and take risks, you are going to sink. Playing safe, with an old coach, maybe exactly what we don't need......Malthouse's game plan of running the flanks is not what Richmond needs, although his toughness would be welcome.

yep well done to Ess and knighter but they are completely different club to us in every sense...FFS our club is ambushed if we lose an NAB cup game by more than 3 goals...It's an extremely tough gig...don't underestimate it

yep well done to Ess and knighter but they are completely different club to us in every sense...FFS our club is ambushed if we lose an NAB cup game by more than 3 goals...It's an extremely tough gig...don't underestimate it
Ancient Tigers wisdom is sound Bo ...

We all know coaching is tough . No different to any other club .

Don`t use hyperbole to illustrate the point , we have sat on our hands by and large for 4 years whilst TW and GM did thier thing , only this year have the rank and file gone apeshit and rightfully so .

I am getting tired of all the "We have to what Geelong did" ... and "Look at what Clarkson did" .... FFS ... Time we grew some balls and developed our own strategies for once . Maybe this is where our problems lie because we no longer have a true sense of what our own club is about anymore .

So on the back of that ... i would prefer a young coach who has his own fresh ideas ... not dinosuars who cut thier teeth during different era`s

Our list is not that bad ... morale and confidence is just at an all time low ... the right bloke could turn things around pretty quickly IMHO

IMO a new face that hasn't coached at AFL before is the way to go:thumbsu:

Their are some excellent candidates out thier, some sitting in AFL coaches boxes as assistants, some coaching VFL, SANFL etc.

I would like to see the RFC give one of these a run.

Prescott sounds okay, but I also like Mick McGuane (he sounds like he has a good footy brain). Other good candidates should be Brad Scott and of course Damien Hardwick

A new coach, new direction, new focus - who knows he might just turn our future around?

IMHO...this job is too tough for a rookie...our only hope is that an old stager that knows the smell of success or in the case of a rookie by some ****en miracle he's JFK/Napoleon/Lord Nelson/Alexander the Great roled into one...know which horse Id be backing:rolleyes:

agree 100%

are situation is so unique - it is pointless comparing us to the Hawks, bombers and melbourne.

malthouse would be perfect for mine - a tough cookie that would not take this shit or care about this Y Generation mentality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know why being young is a positive????

Frawley was young.

I reckon Grant Thomas would be good...takes no prisoners.

He would have sacked shcultz, king and JON mid-season...

We need a total a**eho*e not another "good bloke" players man.

Frawley was young.

BIG CALL on Thomas:eek:

Have you seen Footy Classified? He is up their with Barrett as a Tiger basher:thumbsdown:

Well thats thinking outside the square, maybe someone that hates us is the go:eek: (Christ they can't do much worse can they?)

:D

Well, I don't know he hates us.

Rather, he calls them as he sees them and he sees a rabble...and he is rihgt.

At least we would have some action on some of the duds TW has shown faith in.

What the worst outcome..we start losing?? LMAO!

Frawley was young.

now you're thinking SR, lets not understate the value in experience here...a successful coach comes in with a plan coz he's done it before, just for a minute imagine what MM would do to the joint in terms of team disciplines..FFS, the only shepherd our team knows are the ones in a christmas pantomine...rookies are massive risks, the footy graveyard is full of failed ones...I still haven't heard the case against sheedy or Malthouse other than they're old:confused:

now you're thinking SR, lets not understate the value in experience here...a successful coach comes in with a plan coz he's done it before, just for a minute imagine what MM would do to the joint in terms of team disciplines..FFS, the only shepherd our team knows are the ones in a christmas pantomine...rookies are massive risks, the footy graveyard is full of failed ones...I still haven't heard the case against sheedy or Malthouse other than they're old:confused:

I am too scared to post anything as i have had another thread closed down becasue I asked a question about the board. A disgrace.

This one will go too soon I imagine, as I am asking questions about who should coach!

no more Mr new age nice guys as a coach( holds his breath!!)

I would take Grant Thomas. Made St Kilda a contender. He probably doesn't hate us, he just doesn't respect us (why would you?) but as SR said, he would be making sure we gained some respect. That would be a good start. Hardwick gets a lot of love on this board considering he is not proven. Whilst I'm not keen on Malthouse, it has nothing to do with his age. But gee it would be hilarious if he left Collingwood after so long and took us to the promised land. But we aint a Western Australian state team so history suggests he couldn't do it.

yeah i think prescott would be a good coach, but not for us.
we need the toughness of hardwick but his inexperience might make it too hard for him to get the job done, whoever takes over our list has the toughest job in footy, and that is why i think malthouse is the only option.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Coach - Someone few have mentioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back